The Pizza Company in Udorn - good story

chuckd

Indeed a great and heartwarming story about a new employee who'd maybe just lost her job, she was so proud of.

And the amount of money for the pizza, plus a salad was deducted of her 3,500 baht salary.

BTW, the only good pizzas in Thailand are those who're homemade by Italians. Spago in Ubon might be a good example. coffee1.gif

A/ I doubt very much if she only makes ฿3,500, second you are only assuming they deducted the cost off her salary, unless you know this for sure don't try to turn a nice story into a bad story.

By the way the best pizza in Thailand for me, are the frozen pizza you can buy from Macro, three 9" pizzas in a cardboard box. You can then add extra ingredients to them to match your taste.

You can also buy blank pizza pies and start from scratch, but I haven't been that adventurous yet.

Edited by Issangeorge
  • Like 2

If anyone reads this that knows the owner of The Pizza co.Would you inform him to try and make the tomato sauce better.

I mean I eat it but it's not very good.Maybe check out Domino's sauce,or even the sauce Pizza Hut uses in the US.

Or if Thais don't like that kind of sauce keep it on hand for foreigners.

Indeed a great and heartwarming story about a new employee who'd maybe just lost her job, she was so proud of.

And the amount of money for the pizza, plus a salad was deducted of her 3,500 baht salary.

BTW, the only good pizzas in Thailand are those who're homemade by Italians. Spago in Ubon might be a good example. coffee1.gif

And you know this to be a fact...how?

Your user name tells it all.

• Like 1

You re astounded at this level of service because this is Thailand. This sort of customer service is typical of businesses in competition with one another in the United States, because business owners know instinctively that customer service is the one area that can tip the scales in their favor in a price competitive environment.

Most, not all, Thai business people seem to have no concept of customer service.

Now, back to Pizza Company. It was founded in 2001 by American William Heinecke. Pizza Company is the wholly owned subsidiary of Minor Corporation of which Mr.Heinecke is Chairman and CEO. As an American businessman, he is protected under the Amity Treaty. He brought the American style of customer service to his business, and it pays.

So now you know the rest of the story . . .

This is probably one of the reasons Thais restrict foreigners in business so much. Can you imagine what would happen to all the Thai shop owners if foreigners were allowed to open up competing shops right next door?

Actually, Mr. Heinecke is not protected by the treaty of Amity. He is a Thai citizen and as such, enjoys running his own business here. He obtained Thai citizenship at the ripe age of 18.

I recall Mr. Heinecke had acquired Thai citizenship. But long before he did, he was, indeed, protected by the Amity Treaty that allows Americans to own 100% of [certain] businesses, and is still in effect. He was showcased in a recently published book called Americans in Thailand, 2014. The book is now available in Thailand (Kinokuniya Books, BKK) and available for preorder in the States. It details the historic relationship between the US and Thailand, and the people, good and bad, involved. It is amazing how much the has US influenced Thailand. But for the US, the Thai military would have been incapable of the dictatorship it now operates here.