1 dead, 15 injured in horrific East Pattaya Road Crash

webfact

1 dead, 15 injured in horrific East Pattaya Road Crash

crash-43.jpg

PATTAYA: -- One man was killed and 15 others were seriously injured, including one man who suffered a traumatic amputation of his foot, in a late-night road crash on the notoriously dangerous Highway 36 in the Eastern outskirts of Pattaya on Thursday Night.

The crash occurred close to the Naklua slip-road and involved an 18-wheel truck carrying steel girders and a coach transporting factory workers home. The dead man was a factory worker who was thrown from the coach and was crushed by the steel girders which came off the truck’s trailer during the collision.

Police Investigators determined the coach, operated by the Auto Alliance Company based in Rayong Province, was in the process of undertaking a U-turn maneuver after dropping off some workers in the Khao Mai Kaew area.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/166611/1-dead-15-injured-in-horrific-east-pattaya-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-01-23

U-Turns, extremely dangerous, more so with the speeds of vehicles and defective lights. RIP just finished work and looking forward to a kip.

. That's why I drive with my lights on during the day, I hate those Uturns, Death Waiting to Happen...
  • Like 1

U Turns and Silver vans. Both are death waiting to happen. I used to take bike trips around the north & northeast. When I saw a U Turn on the highway, I moved completely over to the left lane, and if there was ANY traffic, would slow way down. Still had a couple of close calls.

Silver Vans? Stretch of AH1 I'm doing 140 kph on the CBR. I see one in the far distance of my mirror. I pull over to left lane, drop the speed down to 110 or so, and moments later 6 of them went past me like I was sitting still. They had to be doing 160kph in a caravan with less than 10 feet separating them.

Seems to be another one of those silver vans. When I see one of them coming, I avoid them as I would an enraged cape buffalo.

You need glasses - Vans don't have a separate cabin. Also look at the main article and you will see a full sized bus

• Like 1

Seems to be another one of those silver vans. When I see one of them coming, I avoid them as I would an enraged cape buffalo.

Silver does seem to be the favored color of the worst Thai drivers...but isn't silver the most popular color?

The busses make U turns at will knowing all scooters and cars will come to a screeching stop as they will get the worst of any collision. I guess

he forgot about the 18 wheelers.

• Like 1

U Turns and Silver vans. Both are death waiting to happen. I used to take bike trips around the north & northeast. When I saw a U Turn on the highway, I moved completely over to the left lane, and if there was ANY traffic, would slow way down. Still had a couple of close calls.

Silver Vans? Stretch of AH1 I'm doing 140 kph on the CBR. I see one in the far distance of my mirror. I pull over to left lane, drop the speed down to 110 or so, and moments later 6 of them went past me like I was sitting still. They had to be doing 160kph in a caravan with less than 10 feet separating them.

That photo is the tractor trailer not a silver van. The 18 wheeler you see in the above photo hit a full sized bus,

The U-Turns are not dangerous;

The drivers are dangerous;

We had the same problems in France a few years ago about dangerous trees along the roads...

or many others things like fog or ice which are dangerous...

Iced roads have kill ..No ! ice on the roads never kill somebody..

Drivers, they do .

Not all U-turns have their own lane, so having a U-turn in the overtaking lane is not dangerous?

We had the same problems in France a few years ago about dangerous trees along the roads...

Drivers, they do .

In my opinion U-turns are very dangerous, but by the way, what is your opinion about the 3 lanes ways in France, which are also not hazardous? Maybe that's a reason they are gone?

Drivers, they do .

Not all U-turns have their own lane, so having a U-turn in the overtaking lane is not dangerous?

That bus, or any that size would not be using a U-turn lane because it is to long and would not get around...

Also seen a few 18 wheel truck in the middle of the road showing there turning Left, once the cab starts to turns you can no longer see what daft fool has come alongside.. = trailer back wheels run over the daft fools car, seen it here many times.

Drivers, they do .

In my opinion U-turns are very dangerous, but by the way, what is your opinion about the 3 lanes ways in France, which are also not hazardous? Maybe that's a reason they are gone?

Why are we talking about France?

I agree, and they are spreading their wealth all over Thailand, had a Tour van from Bangkok force me over onto the shoulder up here at NongKhai the other day...passing into head-on traffic at high speed.