Former Thai PM Yingluck to face criminal corruption charge: attorney general

webfact

Posts in violation of the following forum rules have been removed:

2) You will not use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

• 2 weeks later...

OK NACC, Yellow shirts and all the other Hi-So elite, you have your revenge, you have your pound of flesh. Yingluck has been impeached and I really don't think she gives a rat's ass or at least she shouldn't. Who would want to go back into politics in this country again given the shear hatred directed at her.

Now the criminal charges are complete crap and need to be tossed. Anyone doing their job badly should be fired, not sent to jail. Yingluck is already out of politics so what is their to gain by throwing her in jail...nothing except pure unadulterated revenge and hatred of her brother. This is all about her brother, not her.

IMO, they would have to prove she did all of this rice-scheme fiasco with an intention to harm people and steal money which I'm pretty sure they can't do. Go ahead NACC shows us the evidence.

Tell us how the criminal charges are as you describe? I have no idea if she is corrupt or otherwise but if it is proven that she is, then an example should be made. This will show all politicians, no matter what their persuasion, that if they carry on this way, and it can be proven, then they too will receive the same treatment and possibly a holiday..

And please do not tell me that the judges have already made up their minds. It might be proven that she has not committed any criminal offence and thus be exonerated. Do you really think that this is people taking revenge. Revenge for what? One thing I find unusual about your post, is the bit where you ask why she would go back into politics because of the hatred directed toward her. I can remember reading many, many posts prior that were telling everyone how she would win, hands down, if an election was held. All quiet on the western front now.