Someone who fixes suitcases in Ubon?

nisakiman

A few weeks ago when we were in Bangkok, we bought a small carry-on suitcase. It looks well made (it's made in Thailand) and carries the Swiss flag logo on the zip handles etc. It's very handy, as it has a padded pocket inside for the laptop, and is quite capacious, Only trouble is, after a couple of flights, the telescopic handle now only opens one stage (half way). I've taken the top part of the handle off to investigate, and the problem is inside the tubes at the bottom. Having dismantled one of these handles before, I know from experience that something has probably broken inside, and it is unlikely it is repairable. Being with the in-laws, I don't have any decent tools available anyway. Trouble is, most of these handles are made in China, and their QC is not very good. Basically, I think it needs a whole new handle. As we will only be in Bangkok for a day before we fly back to Greece, it will be too tight to try to get it done under guarantee by the shop we bought it from.

So.....does anyone know where I could take it here in Ubon (we're here for about 3 weeks) where they could fit a new telescopic handle? Or failing that, does anyone know a shop that sells suitcases, as they may well know someone who does repairs. I'm sure this is a fairly common problem, so I would think that someone will have taken advantage of the poor quality of the handles and set up a repair sideline. smile.png

Any info would be much appreciated.wai.gif

If you do to Sunee Grand Hotel and go down in the basement of their City Mall there are a few vendors down there with affordable suitcases. There is not a reputable suitcase repair here that I know of unless you purchased name brand luggage. Also is the basement of Central if you go down on the escalator around the center of the 1st floor