Australian firm invites Chinese tourists to sing karaoke atop Sydney's iconic Harbour Bridge

webfact

Australian firm invites Chinese tourists to sing karaoke atop Sydney's iconic Harbour Bridge

Lana Lam

HONG KONG: -- If your favourite karaoke song is a bit too long, now you can try the abridged version.

In a bid to capture the lucrative Chinese tourist dollar, Australia’s BridgeClimb – the company that organises climbs to the summit of the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge – has a new attraction that will have visitors hitting the high notes at 134 metres above the harbour.

Dubbed the “Karaoke Climb”, Putonghua-speaking tourists who brave the vertigo-inducing ascent can celebrate at the top by belting out one of five popular Putonghua songs.

The climb is to celebrate Lunar New Year, which falls on February 19, and will only be available for 12 days from February 16 to 28.

-- South China Morning Post 2015-01-24

• Like 1

Australian government has agreed to triple the frequency of flights between China and Australia. Obviously realising the huge potential to bring on valuable tourism revenue.

Australia is full of them anyway.

The extra flights are the families jumping the que once one gets the passport. The planes might come full but will fly back empty.

"All together now....

"Tie me Kangaroo down mate

"Tie me Kangaroo down

"I don't want to jump off mate

"So tie me Kangaroo down"

[apologies to the pedophile now in London... but the Chinese won't care that he bonked his daughter's girlfriend, mate, so Tie me Kangaroo down]