PM Prayut asks taxi operators not to take advantage of passengers

webfact

I was in Bangkok for business the last few days and found no taxi willing to use the meter. From Mo Chit to Pratunam they want 300 Bart and I had no baggage. I went prepared and used bus #77 for free. Don't ask me why but when I wanted to get a ticket they said free. The bus is basic but I enjoyed the ride and was dropped 200m from the hotel. From Bobae Centre to Pratunam same story. No meter, quoted 100 Bart but on the trip said the traffic is to heavy and upped to 150 Bart. From hotel in Pratunam to Mo Chit. Again no meter, quote 300 Bart, Told him to much and settled for 200 Bart.

And before you start ranting, you were not there and I can afford the inflated rip off fees but I will not take this extortion laying down. I do not mind paying any set fee as long it is it is uniformly applied and does not expose me to fighting for a fair fee every time I need transport .

• Like 1

He is a military dictator. FORCE them, or shut up about it. Arrest them and toss them jail if they get out of line. Strip them of their license (if they have one), impound their car. Whatever it takes.

The problem is the taxi drivers whether it be in Phuket or Swampy are used to making the big bucks (relatively) and have taken on the debt

that, that level of income allows. So they don't/won't/can't go backwards. End of story.

I don't understand these idiot taxi drivers or rather they don't understand me facepalm.gif

I have no problem paying for any metered trip and tip well for a nice drive.

I now take public transport whenever nearby, less hassle than negotiating with a driver.

I have 4 visits to Bangkok airports planned in the coming 60 days and have/will order Camry limousines to/from Cha Am and Pattaya.

I don't want to sit in a rambling/falling apart Toyota Corolla any more where you can't even fit a big bag in the trunk.

Flying in/out Swampy I will not taxi to/from DM, just wait for connection flight at Swampy and pay more for a domestic ticket if that is the case.

Edited by tartempion