Why are Thais so dishonest and always cheat foreigners?

Smithwick

What a pointless and misleading post. You will find dishonest people everywhere you go, particularly around airports. Just because there are a few bad apples doesn't mean it's a general trait.

Maybe you've just been unlucky. Personally, I find Thais in general to be as honest as people in most other countries. And I've never had a problem with taxis. If they want to work on a fixed fare (quite rare, in my experience), I just get out and find another cab.

• Like 1

It's obviously not always.

I can get the same prices at Big C as anyone.

But forgiving the trollishness of the OP, in general it's a fair enough question.

Such opportunist overcharging when it is possible is much more part of the culture here than in the west, certainly.

Like when you go to vendors, the price isn't usually marked ... opportunity. In the west the prices would be marked.

• Like 1

Why are all Americans loud and fat ?

Why do Brits not wash everyday ?

Why are all Nigerians drug dealers

/quote]

Good questions

Americans are loud and fat:

Loud -- rock and roll has blown out the ear drums

Fat -- too much sugar / processed foods, portions too big, don't eat enough actual "real food", drive everywhere (public transport is crap)

Edited by Jingthing

SoiBiker post # 8

Why do older people think they're the only ones with a valid visa?

Because many of your ''friends'' seem to delight in creative visa use and just can't stop boasting about the ''creative use of their visa's. They ''spill'' the beans and now it is becoming apparent that Ed visa's are becoming a problem for the holders of such visa's .

• Like 1

SoiBiker post # 8

Why do older people think they're the only ones with a valid visa?

Because many of your ''friends'' seem to delight in creative visa use and just can't stop boasting about the ''creative use of their visa's. They ''spill'' the beans and now it is becoming apparent that Ed visa's are becoming a problem for the holders of such visa's .

Is there an Ed visa crackdown??

Thaivisa has a rule against derogatory comments about thai people. Please do not start threads of such an offensive nature to a whole nation again or you will receive a suspension.

Topic closed

• Like 2