Found a Great Builder in Surat Thani

seajae

After being in the building industry in Australia for 40 years and seeing the quality of nearly all thai buildings I was not looking forward to our own renovation/additions to the house but that has all changed. My wife found a builder and his work is absolutely brilliant, everything is spot on, all walls etc have spirit levels used on them constantly, brick work is great, rendering is great and the tiling is great too but the best part is the price, he does not rip you off, the price is fantastic for the high quality of work.

We have had walls added, walls removed, new windows/sliding doors put in, a roof added to and they had strengthen the ground at the back of the house to add a new slab, I am really surprised by the professionalism of his team and they are a family too.

If anyone is looking for a great builder that has a high quality finish that is actually level then pm me and I will get their details to you. They dont speak any english but are very easy to get along with, easily the best building work I have seen in Thailand and they are very highly recomended. They only charge for labour, you supply all materials, they work out exactly what is needed and are very spot on with their estimations, we just pay them their weekly labour cost and buy the materials as needed, works out really great. biggrin.pngthumbsup.gif

I live in Muang Surat Thani, over near Phokhuntale(big Tesco and Central). Should also mention that I have a great electrician(by the book) and a plasterer that does top work as well.

Edited by seajae

ok, the builder said DonSak is fine for him, will ask the sparky when I see him, plasterer will have to be phoned as he worked here last year replacing all the ceilings downstairs due to white ants.

This OP is great. When you find a good operator, recommend him, help build his business, so that he continues to see the benefit of good work @ good price and doesn't submit to the idea of cheap work practices. It profits the operator in both short and long terms, is the message we need to get out there, by patronising the good ones.

This OP is great. When you find a good operator, recommend him, help build his business, so that he continues to see the benefit of good work @ good price and doesn't submit to the idea of cheap work practices. It profits the operator in both short and long terms, is the message we need to get out there, by patronising the good ones.

I agree, the work is just so good after everything else I have seen here, i was very surprised just how good it is. I will post pics when he finishes, I have no hesitation recommending him at all. If he keep his prices as good as they are and maintains the high level of quality he will do well. Our only hassle has been the benches(granite), the builder watched them and when they finished he actually pointed out the faults to my wife(I had already picked them out myself) plus he explained he couldnt say anything while they were there or he could get a bad name through them. The fact that he was prepared to even tell us the work was not good and why was a huge pat on the back for him in my book. He even offered to fix it for us if they didnt fix it themselves.

Ok here are a couple of pics of during and after the new kitchen/laundry area is finished. First one shows a couple of the workers in action. The column at the island area was part of the wall they removed and the extension is over the old back footpath that was much lower than the floor level. They reinforced the ground area with concrete columns than packed it and laid the slab on top then built the walls inside the fenceline. Have to say I am very happy with the work and price.

post-164193-0-89162900-1424093872_thumb.post-164193-0-04716700-1424093893_thumb.

Edited by seajae

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not related to building but thought you might like to see what we've been catching out here in Cairns smile.png Had quite a few good sized FingerMark and Tarpon too...

thanks mate, really need that. Will be back in October and going to WA first and hiring a camper van to take my wife up the west coast, course will also take a few rods, soft plastics and hard bodied lures to catch a regular feed seeing you can there. Then will be in Ballina for a few weeks at the farm and going out in the boat to chase what ever is biting, hopefully some snapper or even trag, even mackeral are around that time of the year of I am, lucky, yum.