Yingluck banned

eezergood

@ pagallim

I would call them more of a military dictatorship, than an interim Government. smile.png

So, they squash the rice scheme. The next policy the reds will go to the election with will be the "rubber scheme" or "chicken scheme" or "pig scheme" or the "free dental for all in Issan scheme" or the "free laptop computer scheme" etc etc. smile.png What are they going to do about that?

His money is offshore, making more money. He sends it back before the election and out spends his opposition, everytime.

Rather than gaoling the members of a political party, making martyrs out of them, and creating more of a divide, they should be trying to address the inequality in the country, thus creating viable political options for all Thai citizens to consider, come election time.

It's laughable how they are criminally charging people, with a view to incarceration, all in the name of democracy. biggrin.png

I agree with some of what you're saying NKM, however the Democrats and their 'benefactors' have far, far more resources than the Shinawatras ever will. Just think of the cost of bankrolling the previous protests by the PAD and then the PDRC. That was huge, with transportation, logistics, catering etc etc being paid for, to say nothing of the involvement of serving members of the military as 'guards' and in other roles.

Elections will only happen when the Constitution is amended such that any Government can be removed at will by the establishment, without elections being necessary or protests on the streets. Limiting the number of elected number of representatives in both the lower house and the Senate, and having the bulk of governance controlled by selected (in Suthep's words) 'good people' will achieve that. That is increasingly what the term 'reform' appears to mean. It's got nothing to do with democracy or the curbing of corruption, only the continuance of the patronage and social class system that curbs opportunity of equality and improved living standards of the less fortunate in Thai society.

Good post pagallim, and I agree.

It appears Thailand is moving closer to becoming a Communist State, the the disguise of a democratically elected Governments.

Of course, Thai citizens still get a choice of parties to vote for, but if it's not the military backed political party that wins the election, there is another coup, and and then they start to gaol the opposition, and we start again, until they achieve the desired result.

Please check the definition of 'communism'.
Communism - "a political theory derived from Karl Marx, advocating class war and leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned and each person works and is paid according to their abilities and needs" - sounds like where Thailand is heading.
It appears an election in Thailand is what is used to justify the military taking control. biggrin.png

@ pagallim

I would call them more of a military dictatorship, than an interim Government. smile.png

So, they squash the rice scheme. The next policy the reds will go to the election with will be the "rubber scheme" or "chicken scheme" or "pig scheme" or the "free dental for all in Issan scheme" or the "free laptop computer scheme" etc etc. smile.png What are they going to do about that?

His money is offshore, making more money. He sends it back before the election and out spends his opposition, everytime.

Rather than gaoling the members of a political party, making martyrs out of them, and creating more of a divide, they should be trying to address the inequality in the country, thus creating viable political options for all Thai citizens to consider, come election time.

It's laughable how they are criminally charging people, with a view to incarceration, all in the name of democracy. biggrin.png

I agree with some of what you're saying NKM, however the Democrats and their 'benefactors' have far, far more resources than the Shinawatras ever will. Just think of the cost of bankrolling the previous protests by the PAD and then the PDRC. That was huge, with transportation, logistics, catering etc etc being paid for, to say nothing of the involvement of serving members of the military as 'guards' and in other roles.

Elections will only happen when the Constitution is amended such that any Government can be removed at will by the establishment, without elections being necessary or protests on the streets. Limiting the number of elected number of representatives in both the lower house and the Senate, and having the bulk of governance controlled by selected (in Suthep's words) 'good people' will achieve that. That is increasingly what the term 'reform' appears to mean. It's got nothing to do with democracy or the curbing of corruption, only the continuance of the patronage and social class system that curbs opportunity of equality and improved living standards of the less fortunate in Thai society.

Good post pagallim, and I agree.

It appears Thailand is moving closer to becoming a Communist State, the the disguise of a democratically elected Governments.

Of course, Thai citizens still get a choice of parties to vote for, but if it's not the military backed political party that wins the election, there is another coup, and and then they start to gaol the opposition, and we start again, until they achieve the desired result.

I think you'll find that unimaginative, ordinary, old-fashioned Plutocracy is the objective.

"sounds like where Thailand is heading".

No it's not.

Try the other wing.

Well, over the last few years, we have had more Governance from the military, than we have had from the various elected Governments. smile.png

Maybe Thailand likes the Myanmar style of Governance. biggrin.png

Seriously. if the reds get into power, the military throw them out and criminally charge the leaders.

Seems pretty much like a "one political party system" (Communism) to me. biggrin.png

The Thai military are doing what they can to get the yellows back into power.

You can't call yourself a "democracy" if the military interferes with the democratic process that sees a particular party installed as the Government.

Edited by NamKangMan

No it's not.

Try the other wing.

Seems pretty much like a "one political party system" (Communism) to me. biggrin.png

In the current context of Thai politics, Fascism rather than Communism is more correct (hence KB's comment, right wing not left wing). Same same but different..........

An example of one definition of fascism:

"Philosophy of government that stresses the primacy and glory of the state, unquestioning obedience to its leader, subordination of the individual will to the state's authority, and harsh suppression of dissent. Martial virtues are celebrated, while liberal and democratic values are disparaged."

You think only Communism has one party systems?

How about the fella with the funny mustache?

Or, maybe a certain European generalissimo? Make that two European Generalissimos.

You are talking about a dictatorship, and we have been told we can not discuss that on TV, so, I picked the next best thing, Communism. biggrin.png

Edited by NamKangMan

No it's not.

Try the other wing.

In the current context of Thai politics, Fascism rather than Communism is more correct (hence KB's comment, right wing not left wing). Same same but different..........

"Philosophy of government that stresses the primacy and glory of the state, unquestioning obedience to its leader, subordination of the individual will to the state's authority, and harsh suppression of dissent. Martial virtues are celebrated, while liberal and democratic values are disparaged."

"In the current context of Thai politics" - I was commenting more on what they appear to be trying to create here, rather than what we have now, which is, basically, yellow shirts in power, or we have a military coup and throw out any other party that wins an election.

Of course, this is all done in the the name of "bringing happiness to the people." biggrin.png

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

"In the current context of Thai politics" - I was commenting more on what they appear to be trying to create here, rather than what we have now, which is, basically, yellow shirts in power, or we have a military coup and throw out any other party that win an election.

Of course, this is all done in the the name of "bringing happiness to the people." biggrin.png

whether they want it or not....... spoon full of sugar & all that

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No it's not.

Try the other wing.

Seems pretty much like a "one political party system" (Communism) to me. alt=biggrin.png>

Heading.....I think this is status quo for the last 1000 years.....