Driving licence delay

anyone

The only time I found a delay in Pattaya was when my son (40) was getting his license. At 11:30am each day they brought in busloads of Thai students as it was their time to get licensed. We understood why we were thrown out each day at 11:30 and told to finish tomorrow morning. The students, being on school time, should have precedent

Hmmm... usually it is a whole morning deal.. take class, watch the films.. take the test.. the computer version for westerners.. right.. PASS.. take the driving test.. oppsh...take the color, and reaction and depth perception test... pay.. and you are out of there.. Thus.. what is the delay...

Went through the ordeal about 6 weeks ago at taling Chan, Bangkok. Waited outside building before it opened. The que started to form about 30 minutes before opening. I think there was a maximum of 85 per day. I already had a Thai car license. So don't know if this sped up the process at all. But definitely being a foreigner was a plus. I felt like I was getting pushed through the system by the staff. It took two days.

Day 1 was reaction test and computer text. No stupid safety movie because I already had car licence.

Day 2 back at 7 am and wait in the que to do the practical.

The balancing beam was a bit hairy and the crap scooter with engine problems didn't help either.

Pretty easy though. Just make sure you stop at the stop signs and use the indicators when turning.

That's weird. Usually if you get there early in the morning and wait in the queue they get you done the same day. What time did you go?

Maybe you could try a more remote Land Transport office. I did mine in Nong Jok and they were super helpful.