UK tourist found dead on Koh Tao consumed Valium, alcohol

Lite Beer

This is what I think and I'm entitled to my own opinion.

There are no serial killer on this island.

We have two murders and the suspects has been arrested. They are Burmese and the trial is coming up soon.

All the other incidents on the island recently are related to suicide, accidents and now this girl tragic death.

Yesterday a man was found drowned in Jomtien beach. It's high season and many tourists around , every week we will hear about trragi deaths, not only on Koh Tao.

This is my opinion, now please continue to speculate all you want about a possible serial killer.

yes and a young Russian tourist died driving a motorbike into the back of a taxi

he did not go to bed in a rented room to be found next day cold with blood on his face with all sorts of rumours floating around spread by the authorities who also seem to be omitting a lot of stuff

It is not a good idea to go swimming in the dark alone especially if drunk - not saying he was as we have no information to the fact

Not a good idea for two you Russian girls to go to the Jomtien beach at night for a drink either

not a good idea for a young western woman to go for a holiday to KohTao either it seems

what is your point exactly

Edited by smedly

Dont want to make any conspirations in this case, but Valium and alcohol must be consumed in very very very high doses to be lethal.

On what basis do you make this statement? A high amount of Valium, yes but mixed with alcohol, a very dangerous concoction. Sorry but you are so wrong and are posting very misleading information. Before you post, get you facts straight.

You must have missed the part where it mentioned 'tramadol' - when mixed with alcohol this is very dangerous unlike valium and alcohol.

No, never missed the bit about tramadol but as there was no mention of this being detected during the initial examination I did not feel the need to make a statement and complicate the matter by adding fuel to the speculation fire. Yes, agreed that it is very dangerous mixed with alcohol. However, the latter part of your post, if you are suggesting that Valium and alcohol is not, then I ask you to check you facts before you post misleading information.

I am not a chemist or a forensic expert but as a law enforcement officer (retired), with some 30 years experience I have attended many incidents involving O/D's, and have had to prepare reports for the Coroner and then attend the Coronial Inquiry, where it has been determined that the cause of death was through taking a concoction of alcohol and Valium. (Both depressants) The finding was mainly "Death by misadventure," or in a few instances, following extensive investigations, the cause was attributed to "Suicide." Never Murder!

Just for your information and others on here who have absolutely no knowledge and brag how they have taken the Valium and alcohol mixture without any effects. Do not believe it for the following reasons Valium is a drug from the class of drugs known as benzodiazepines. These medications are used to treat anxiety disorders and have hypnotic, sedative effects because they act on certain chemicals within the brain. They are known as central nervous system depressants. Mixing alcohol with Valium can be lethal. So as I said, before you post, please check you facts.

• Like 1

Dont want to make any conspirations in this case, but Valium and alcohol must be consumed in very very very high doses to be lethal.

On what basis do you make this statement? A high amount of Valium, yes but mixed with alcohol, a very dangerous concoction. Sorry but you are so wrong and are posting very misleading information. Before you post, get you facts straight.

You must have missed the part where it mentioned 'tramadol' - when mixed with alcohol this is very dangerous unlike valium and alcohol.

No, never missed the bit about tramadol but as there was no mention of this being detected during the initial examination I did not feel the need to make a statement and complicate the matter by adding fuel to the speculation fire. Yes, agreed that it is very dangerous mixed with alcohol. However, the latter part of your post, if you are suggesting that Valium and alcohol is not, then I ask you to check you facts before you post misleading information.

I am not a chemist or a forensic expert but as a law enforcement officer (retired), with some 30 years experience I have attended many incidents involving O/D's, and have had to prepare reports for the Coroner and then attend the Coronial Inquiry, where it has been determined that the cause of death was through taking a concoction of alcohol and Valium. (Both depressants) The finding was mainly "Death by misadventure," or in a few instances, following extensive investigations, the cause was attributed to "Suicide." Never Murder!

Just for your information and others on here who have absolutely no knowledge and brag how they have taken the Valium and alcohol mixture without any effects. Do not believe it for the following reasons Valium is a drug from the class of drugs known as benzodiazepines. These medications are used to treat anxiety disorders and have hypnotic, sedative effects because they act on certain chemicals within the brain. They are known as central nervous system depressants. Mixing alcohol with Valium can be lethal. So as I said, before you post, please check you facts.

you can also die if you drink too much water (water intoxication), something that happened on a regular basis in 80s 90s when youngsters were taking ecstasy - it's all about quantities

• Like 1

The man possibly has some mental issues. I am rarely in Bangkok but on the occasions I have been I have witnessed some strange behavior by both Thai and Farang. Feel a shade sorry for the authorities that have to try to sort it out.

Valium + Alcohol. Now there is a nice mix. Don't believe those silly doctors or the warning labels folks. The old lady in the pharmacy down my Soi says it's perfectly safe to do both at the same time.....also I read something on the internet somewhere......thumbsup.gif

If you believe that then it explains your brain dead Post. Sure it's safe to use with alcohol, silly farang, will sell plenty a to him. 5555. clap2.gifw00t.gif

• Like 1

you can also die if you drink too much water (water intoxication), something that happened on a regular basis in 80s 90s when youngsters were taking ecstasy - it's all about quantities

In fact pretty much anything you can put into your body is lethal at the right amount, even oxygen. People who die from MDMA or ecstasy often die because they either, like you said flood themselves with water or the opposite dehydrate and overheat

I, like many others, wait patiently for the British autopsy to truly find out the cause of this tragic death. That being said, below quite clearly shows a mix that in my unprofessional opinion could prove deadly.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1422339832.545132.jpg

The toxicology report would provide the details necessary to determine cause of death. They're just not releasing it to the media, and why should they? When you run a toxicology report, it gives you the concentration of alcohol and drugs in the blood. A medical examiner could then rely upon that data to determine whether it more than likely caused her death. A British autopsy won't yield anything more, just as sending British investigators into Koh Tao revealed no new facts about the unrelated case the Brits keep yapping about on this thread.

You seem intent on facts so lets be clear:

The Brits sent observers not investigators.

Do you think we should all stop yapping about suspicious and incompetent investigators??

I should have been dead years ago if that mix kills . . . . facepalm.gif .

You're lucky and have a rigid constitution then. A casual friend of mine died through that combination.

He drank a lot of booze, was an alcoholic (were're talking heavy liquor first thing in the morning).

He went on a heavy night binge. Woke up just after dawn. Took a cold shower, popped some valium to get back to sleep, never woke up again. The combination slows your heart down to the point it fails to beat.

This happened on Koh Tao and he used to own a bar on the beach at Sairee.

Valium does not kill and it does not slow down the heart rate - the danger of Valium is that it is highly addictive

So you are saying that it is not dangerous...............but it is dangerous because it is highly addictive. Make your mind up, will you.

I'll spend a few hours in a dark room trying to work that one out!!w00t.gif.

As there was nothing else that could have killed her other than a drugs/alcohol cocktail I think that you have got your facts wrong. Prove me wrong by coming up with an alternative theory.

What I am saying is that if a combination of alcohol and valium kills it is most likely the alcohol, not the valium. There is minimal danger of dying from valium but a remarkable danger of getting addict - which is not the subject of this thread

Sometimes someone from the Embassy might have a ticket for public transportation in his/her bag, for deportation before custody if you plead not guilty. After deportation, you might be asked by a different judge in your home country, and again it's up to you what statement you make for protocol. Be rest-assured, police will do further investigation if you plead guilty, and the verdict is up to the jury.

BTW: How do you know that these suspects from Myanmar are running around in Thailand?

Edited by micmichd

You're lucky and have a rigid constitution then. A casual friend of mine died through that combination.

He drank a lot of booze, was an alcoholic (were're talking heavy liquor first thing in the morning).

He went on a heavy night binge. Woke up just after dawn. Took a cold shower, popped some valium to get back to sleep, never woke up again. The combination slows your heart down to the point it fails to beat.

Valium does not kill and it does not slow down the heart rate - the danger of Valium is that it is highly addictive

So you are saying that it is not dangerous...............but it is dangerous because it is highly addictive. Make your mind up, will you.

As there was nothing else that could have killed her other than a drugs/alcohol cocktail I think that you have got your facts wrong. Prove me wrong by coming up with an alternative theory.

What I am saying is that if a combination of alcohol and valium kills it is most likely the alcohol, not the valium. There is minimal danger of dying from valium but a remarkable danger of getting addict - which is not the subject of this thread

Type "Valium death" into a search engine.

Valium + Alcohol. Now there is a nice mix. Don't believe those silly doctors or the warning labels folks. The old lady in the pharmacy down my Soi says it's perfectly safe to do both at the same time.....also I read something on the internet somewhere......thumbsup.gif

If you believe that then it explains your brain dead Post. Sure it's safe to use with alcohol, silly farang, will sell plenty a to him. 5555. clap2.gifw00t.gif

That one flew right over.

have you been reading the thread and posts? Coming from vast experience the combination of the 2 IS dangerous but it is very rare to die from the combination, but it happens. And as it has been mentioned several times she was also taking antibiotics and was already ill. Sheesh this is getting tedious facepalm.gif

have you been reading the thread and posts? Coming from vast experience the combination of the 2 IS dangerous but it is very rare to die from the combination, but it happens. And as it has been mentioned several times she was also taking antibiotics and was already ill. Sheesh this is getting tedious facepalm.gif

Exactly. Is that not what I said?

Ive seen enough movies to be made even more suspicious by the valium and alcohol story. In Get Carter for example, Michael Caine force fed whisky to a man to kill him...so i wonder who forced that poor young lady to swallow the valium and alcohol? I think the answer is obvious....its the usual suspects...

Edited by paddyjenkins

Ive seen enough movies to be made even more suspicious by the valium and alcohol story. In Get Carter for example, Michael Caine force fed whisky to a man to kill him...so i wonder who forced that poor young lady to swallow the valium and alcohol? I think the answe is obvious....its the usual suspects.

Bit of a sad ending in that movie.

there were so many quotes and I am so busy that I thought you were the one suggesting 'punch valium death into a search engine' and all that jazz. My bad, again. I need to chill, oh yeah my daily valium dose is due which is no joke. If I miss that it could be a ride to hell!!

there were so many quotes and I am so busy that I thought you were the one suggesting 'punch valium death into a search engine' and all that jazz. My bad, again. I need to chill, oh yeah my daily valium dose is due which is no joke. If I miss that it could be a ride to hell!!

Had a friend here a long time ago who took valium for back spasms. Bit unhappy when it was banned as over the counter. Very careful what he drank. I am totally lost on the latest young thing for a better high. Redbull and vodka was the last craze I recall. Certain posters here suggest the new norm is valium, alcohol and possibly Tramadol. They survived the combination so it is a good high. On that basis the Darwin award comes to mind

is there someone preying on young western girls at that resort?

It sure looks like it. A cold blooded serial killer is a better description.

Now was that necessary - may I call you ignorant?

Two Western people were killed by Myanmar illegals and you say that there is a serial killer on the loose!!!

You really believe they were murdered by those Burmese boys?

Sure the Burmese were found guilty but ... did they really do it???

Trial hasn't taken place yet. No facts required when posting here though.

But they have been found guilty, guilty by association of being on that island by all of Thailand it would seem and by some know-it-all-silver-surfers.

Which category do you fit into?

Please share some 'facts' about yourself.

Two Western people were killed by Myanmar illegals and you say that there is a serial killer on the loose!!!

Trial hasn't taken place yet. No facts required when posting here though.

But they have been found guilty, guilty by association of being on that island by all of Thailand it would seem and by some know-it-all-silver-surfers.

Which category do you fit into?

Please share some 'facts' about yourself.

Got a bit of a hangover this morning, that's a fact.

I've believed all along that they are guilty (one of the few with their heads screwed on) and not taken in by their pathetic angelic faces looking up and pleading for someone to save their skin - as far as I'm concerned they are baby-faced assassins.

They haven't been found guilty (YET) by the way as the trial doesn't start until July 8th.

Okay a court hasn't found them guilty YET but really they are already doomed. The country has already decided (obviously, heavily influenced by the media and what the BIB want their lemmings to think) and it would seem a lot of foreign-keyboard-warriors have also jumped on the easy to join THAI opinion bandwagon.

People seem to forget that valium is illegal in Thailand and that it is addictive if taken for prolonged periods. Weed and beer are the safest highs though weed is even more illegal than valium. Tramadol is relatively new and is just a poor substitute for codeine which is illegal in Thailand. For the international mess regarding big pharma, personal freedom and the silly illegalities of some drugs.....blame the USA who imposed their corrupt will on the world.

l

Valium is illegal in Thailand????? laugh.png Codeine is illegal??? You are really uninformed.

Edited by elektrified

People seem to forget that valium is illegal in Thailand and that it is addictive if taken for prolonged periods. Weed and beer are the safest highs though weed is even more illegal than valium. Tramadol is relatively new and is just a poor substitute for codeine which is illegal in Thailand. For the international mess regarding big pharma, personal freedom and the silly illegalities of some drugs.....blame the USA who imposed their corrupt will on the world.

l

Valium is illegal in Thailand????? laugh.png Codeine is illegal??? You are really uninformed.

They are both illegal in Thailand, valium may be available for purchase without the required prescription yet remains illegal and is most probably fake when available in the street. Codeine is only available from hospital dispensaries and is considered highly illegal, catergory II which also includes opium and cocaine, and is not generally available. The OP was well informed unlike yourself.

Edited by kieran2698
  • Like 2

l

Just Google search Thailand drug laws and you will find that if you are caught with valium without a script you can get jail time and or a hefty fine. That is if you cannot bribe your way out of it..

Smedly and Monk213

You are both right but tell me what has this to do with the original story and what I posted, which relates to alcohol and Valium and my not mentioning tramadol? The preliminary report only relates to what I discussed, not what you have brought to the forum The only relevant point I can see is the quantity aspect mentioned by Smedly. May I ask you both, if there is any other relevancy, would you please enlighten me?

berybert post # 177

Expect the missing woman to wash up on a beach close by soon. Just another mishap.

Sad to say if one thinks that a missing woman will be washed up on the beach soon you're very wrong.

Poseidon and his seas do not give up the bodies they have been given easily if hardly ever at all.

I was under the impression that a person taken by the sea will always end up back on the shore and that even those lost at sea within a certain number of miles would also always wash ashore eventually.

Monk you owe me an apology. Both valium and codeine are illegal in Thailand without a prescription. Please keep your cantankerous ignorance to yourself.

<deleted> are you even talking about? I clearly said that without a script valium will land you jail time and or a hefty fine if you cannot bribe yourself out of it. So I think you owe me the apology, sir. Read back through again, slowly...