Facebook down ?

LivinLOS

OMG, how can I show my friends what I'm having for dinner?

How is Yingluck expected to communicate with her followers?

Will people have to learn how to communicate orally?

If Facebook stays down too long I envisage a Zombie Apocalypse, with millions of brain dead followers just walking around the earth aimlessly and without a future.

• Like 2

yeah just read that it's facebook, instagram, AIM, tinder and hipchat. seems too much of a coincidence for them all to be down at the same time.

Oh no! If tinder is down, does that mean we're all going to have to become gay and start using grindr?

yeah just read that it's facebook, instagram, AIM, tinder and hipchat. seems too much of a coincidence for them all to be down at the same time.

Oh no! If tinder is down, does that mean we're all going to have to become gay and start using grindr?

Paktor dude.. Way more asians..

Breaking news related to this morning's Facebook outage ..

143 were arrested this morning for poking people in the street and thrusting photos in their face while facebook was down.

Some folk were also observed playing tag..

Update: http://tech.thaivisa.com/lizard-squad-claim-responsibility-facebook-hack/3401/

Not likely hack but a DDoS.

I am not sure that simply tweeting the words "Facebook, Instagram, Tinder, Hipchat, AIM #offline #LizardSquad" constitutes a claim of responsibility. Mainstream news has not picked the LizardSquad story yet, (Other than RT) and they made that tweet 2+ hours ago.

LizardSquad is allegedly ISIS(IL).

Alleged by whom?

And if so, why is ISIS so bothered about League of Legends, Destiny, PlayStation, XBoxLive, Machinima, Malaysia Airlines and Facebook (all acknowledged LizardSquad targets)?

I can think of plenty better targets for a bunch of Islamist nutter geeks.

Update: http://tech.thaivisa.com/lizard-squad-claim-responsibility-facebook-hack/3401/

Not likely hack but a DDoS.

I am not sure that simply tweeting the words "Facebook, Instagram, Tinder, Hipchat, AIM #offline #LizardSquad" constitutes a claim of responsibility. Mainstream news has not picked the LizardSquad story yet, (Other than RT) and they made that tweet 2+ hours ago.

"LizardSquad is allegedly ISIS(IL)."

I highly doubt that - They're probably just using ISIS tag to gain notoriety

Facebook: "Earlier this evening many people had trouble accessing Facebook and Instagram. This was not the result of a third party attack but instead occurred after we introduced a change that affected our configuration systems. We moved quickly to fix the problem, and both services are back to 100% for everyone."

http://techcrunch.com/2015/01/26/disaster/

Alleged by whom?

By LizardSquad.

"Ever since the group began carrying out attacks last August, the group has consistently mentioned Islamic State during its attacks.

In August, the media's interest was piqued by apparent claims that Lizard Squad had taken down the PlayStation Network in the name of the Islamic State, claiming that "Kuffar [non-muslims] don't get to play videogames until bombing of the ISIL stops."

The account went on to say:

"Today we planted the ISIS flag on Sony servers"

Lizard Squad

Things escalated even further when a single tweet from the account led to an American Airlines flight carrying the president of Sony Online Entertainment, John Smedley, to be diverted following a bomb threat:

We have been receiving reports that @j_smedley's plane #362 from DFW to SAN has explosives on-board, please look into this.

Lizard Squad August 24, 2014

In January, when the group knocked the website of Malaysia Airlines offline, it initially replaced the homepage with a holding page claiming it was "Hacked by Cyber Caliphate" and encouraged visitors to follow the group on Twitter.

Cyber Caliphate is the hacking wing of Islamic State (IS) which is thought to be responsible for a recent hack of the US Central Command's Twitter and YouTube accounts."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/who-are-lizard-squad-isis-linked-hackers-trolls-making-bomb-threats-1462639

Not saying I believe it. I agree it's far moore likely they are just using the ISIS name.

• Like 1

Alleged by whom?

And if so, why is ISIS so bothered about League of Legends, Destiny, PlayStation, XBoxLive, Machinima, Malaysia Airlines and Facebook (all acknowledged LizardSquad targets)?

I can think of plenty better targets for a bunch of Islamist nutter geeks.

Not sure if its an allegation - more of a claim by Lizard Squad and many of their attacks and tweets also claim they are ISIS or "Hacked by Cyber Caliphate" . but its teh interwebz - Anyone can claim anything they want whether you believe it or not is up to you!

Personally I think its some one trying to emulate the notorious LulzSec - who amidst claims of being a team of crack l33t h4ck0rz turned out to be a bunch of spotty teenagers and one FBI super-grass. Same with FBI claims that North Korea hacked Sony over "The Interview" - highly unlikely, and if the FBI really believed that they'd provide proof.

• Like 1

It might have been a Red Team exercise, I've seen details of one they organised on their internal servers, and they haven't actually done one on the public-facing FB servers so far.

Only proper way to test response to a real attack.

Edited by Chicog