Buying a pet bird

To the OP Trexpat,

In Koh Samui or elsewhere in Thailand there are many birds flying around freely for all to see, so pray tells us all, Why do you wish to buy a bird, caged up, just for what? blink.png

Win thumbsup.gif

and i suppose you and the 2 mates who liked your post dont eat meet,? or is it ok to keep cows,sheep and pigs for you to eat, but not for this man to have a bird for his daughter,

ive got budgies, zebra finches in a large aviary because i like to see them and take care of them,

ive also got pigeons in a pigeon loft that go out every day for a fly because i like to see them, and let them eat of my hand,

To the OP Trexpat,

In Koh Samui or elsewhere in Thailand there are many birds flying around freely for all to see, so pray tells us all, Why do you wish to buy a bird, caged up, just for what? blink.png

Win thumbsup.gif

Thank you for spending the time to reply. I am sorry that you jumped to conclusions and assumed a very high opinion. There is always that famous saying that assume makes and ass of u and me, on this occasion it is entirely you. I have friends who have Umbrella Cockatoo's who have become a vital part of their family network, one friend in particular has a bird which follows and actively protects his toddler son from danger. This kind of bird (if you researched it) is incredibly intelligent and responds directly to a welcoming and supportive environment which my three year old daughter would love. At the same time it would teach her to respect animals and birds alike and improve her interaction with the animal kingdom. Animal husbandry is a vital learning experience for all modern children and one which I will continue to support, better this than a blind folded opinion of doing good without action. Thank you for your small minded and limited reply.

Have great day

• Like 2

There's a pet supply place in Lamai about 1 km south of the the sharp turn at the temple. If you are going south it ls on the left. Sorry don't know the name.

I am heading that way today, I think it is near the new Makro. I will update after I have been

• Like 1