Tottenham Thread

chonabot

cant see son makin that much diference ,,cant say it was coming,, <deleted> was hugo doin???,, hand ball for me. he moved/lifted  his arm to the ball, but still fair do's ,,, bollacks 2-0 game over i'de say again <deleted> was hugo doin ,, a touch harsh but more or less  both down to him.

22 hours ago, carmine said:

This game is a measure of where we are.  If this side is capable of winning the league they will go for the jugular and expose City, be ruthless with controlled power and pace on both wings.  And if we do,  it will set down a marker for the remainder of the season.

For these reasons i hope and expect us to win convincingly.  But then again, its a funny old game!  0-2 for me.

We won't be that lucky again with a clear penalty not being awarded.  poor refereeing and very unfortunate for City.  

Both managers will take positives from that game although Pochettino will of course be the happier.  Pep got a big response from his players for one. City's 27m 19yo looks a very exciting prospect.  For us,  Poch will look back on the resilience of his side in what was a real smash and grab.  Pre Poch any Spurs team would have folded at two down.  Not this one.  But theres is little doubt Spurs will be the happier.

Lloris had a nightmare gifting them two goals.  Had he not, who knows what might have happened be it just or injust?  I just wish he hadn't picked this fixture to have the worst performance i've ever seen from him.  

Frankly i think City should have done better after Alderweirald went off and the news that his was just precautionary was, for me more important than the point.    It had already been a measure of City's first half dominance that they had forced us to change from a three at the back to a four and strengthen our defensive midfield.  With first choice Vertonghen out injured and the best center back in the league off thats when you should make it pay.  

IMHO, Wimmer was the wrong pick from the start.  Davies has the height and is more mobile?  Not so much a strange selection , more unexpected.

Anyway, as a summary, City won't be going away and neither will Spurs.  Could be a great weekend for the chavs.....

Wanyama outstanding again and our summer transfer spend is gradually looking money better spent than we originally thought.

7 hours ago, carmine said:

We won't be that lucky again with a clear penalty not being awarded.  poor refereeing and very unfortunate for City.  

Well their first goal was handball, so as Poch said, it evens itself out.

3 hours ago, Chicog said:

Well their first goal was handball, so as Poch said, it evens itself out.

No way Jose'. Not a single panelist thought it was handball. Hugo headed it onto his hand from close quarters and his hand wasn't in a unnatural position. Therefore, no intent. If you aren't sure of the rules, it's worth a read.

Therefore, it didn't even itself out

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

No way Jose'. Not a single panelist thought it was handball. Hugo headed it onto his hand from close quarters and his hand wasn't in a unnatural position. Therefore, no intent. If you aren't sure of the rules, it's worth a read.

Therefore, it didn't even itself out

I suppose your video ref would have sorted that out for you.

And what do you mean "not a single panelist", did you watch them all?

1 hour ago, Chicog said:

I suppose your video ref would have sorted that out for you.

And what do you mean "not a single panelist", did you watch them all?

Yep. Video reffing would have sorted that and the others out.

I think you knew what I meant but if you know of a panelist who thought it was handball let me know and I'll look up what he said.

Have to laugh at the City lot coming on here, i can't remember the last time they  came on here after not beating us and didn't whinge about Refs decisions, every season it's the same old moaning.

Anyway it was a nice 4 points we took off them this season !

• Like 2

"expect any lavishing of praise when you so failed to take your chances, blame no one but yourselves"

Based on that comment, it's apparent you go to the City page but don't read what City fans post, and seems you haven't heard what Pep has said after the game. We played well but we don't expect "any lavishing of praise", and our problem - and why we find ourselves in 5th - is precisely because we "failed to take your chances" in that game and others, and we concede too easily, we are also not blaming the ref but our failure to take chances. So what's with you this morning? Grump.

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine, don't get your post or apparent upset to my post. Read my post again. It just states the irony of the situation that City, despite all the good things we did, had to rely on two gifted goals from a goalkeeper I rate highly - no more than that. Relax man, breath.

I'm perfectly relaxed.  I only had to see and read Guardiola's post match responses to see that despite not being given a blatant penalty in the bigger picture he had no complaints.

Our sympathies would be better served with Burnley that have been wronged yet again by poor refereeing against Arsenal

12 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Yep. Video reffing would have sorted that and the others out.

I think you knew what I meant but if you know of a panelist who thought it was handball let me know and I'll look up what he said.

steve claridge and green agreed

3 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Have to laugh at the City lot coming on here, i can't remember the last time they  came on here after not beating us and didn't whinge about Refs decisions, every season it's the same old moaning.

Anyway it was a nice 4 points we took off them this season !

watch out alfie dont be forgetting they're the   'anti establishment' team alfie  :giggle:

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

My sympathies definitely go to Burnley who were wronged by yet another poor referreing decision over the weekend...as I posted on "Chicog's I'm all alone" forum.

I would have been alone but for all your whinges.

:thumbsup:

7 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Isn't it just.

:cheesy: