Tottenham Thread

chonabot

1 hour ago, sotsira said:

It's obvious Carms that they all want Tottenham to fail, these so called pundits working at Sky are ex Arsenal, Liverpool & Man U players.

images-2.jpeg.755ad1cc738a18a1421b94d28f41b809.jpegimages.jpeg.4219da96caf9f2156530ecb730f951a5.jpeg

They're running scared at the thought that Tottenham is another team that has joined the Top 4

party!

To be fair, Gary Neville has been quite complimentary to us this season,  i  even think he had Poch as manager of the season !

1 hour ago, champers said:

I doubt too many Spurs players are keen to move on; Lamela and Walker apart. The days of paying relatively lesser wages due to a smaller capacity ground are over. You will be getting 80,000 up per game next season and 61,000 per season after that. Players' agents are doing some serious posturing, and why not?

Where do you think the 800M is coming from to pay for the ground ? out of a Jamboree Bag  :biggrin:

Just now, alfieconn said:

Where do you think the 800M is coming from to pay for the ground ? out of a Jamboree Bag  :biggrin:

Get a loan, same as Man Utd's owners have. It hasn't stopped them buying expensive players and paying big wages. I bet season ticket prices for Wembley and the new place will be pretty high too. 

Alternatively, you can do an Arsenal and let all your best players go to Manchester.

Just now, champers said:

Get a loan, same as Man Utd's owners have. It hasn't stopped them buying expensive players and paying big wages. I bet season ticket prices for Wembley and the new place will be pretty high too. 

Alternatively, you can do an Arsenal and let all your best players go to Manchester.

I think it's pretty certain we are getting a loan being as we don't have 800M lying around in the petty cash and believe it or not loans have to be paid back !

7 hours ago, carmine said:

Ross Barkley.  At the right price of course.

Seriously Carmine ? Barkley ? Some talent there but you'd have to wonder what he has between the ears. I wouldn't touch him with a cattle prod.:cowboy:

9 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Seriously Carmine ? Barkley ? Some talent there but you'd have to wonder what he has between the ears. I wouldn't touch him with a cattle prod.:cowboy:

He's not going to demand a birthday cake is he?

1 minute ago, jellydog said:

I was thinking more of Wilshere Ronnie. Its the English thing ain't it.

If he is like Gazza or a young Rooney fair enough but Wilshere?

I reckon this is a diversionary tactic and Citeh are preparing a bid!

24 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

If he is like Gazza or a young Rooney fair enough but Wilshere?

I reckon this is a diversionary tactic and Citeh are preparing a bid!

Ha ! I hope not, but nothing surprises me when it comes to City throwing money around ! No Barkley for me !

18 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Ha ! I hope not, but nothing surprises me when it comes to City throwing money around ! No Barkley for me !

He will be great interchanging with Walker down the right.

I feel they are on the same wavelength.

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

He will be great interchanging with Walker down the right.

I feel they are on the same wavelength.

You can watch him play one twos with Sissoko.:smile:

• Like 1

Might be some cash available this summer.  Bentaleb joining Schalke for 16m, Fazio to Roma.  Walker probably to City for silly money.  We might even get 50 baht for Sissoko, who knows.

Come what may, we should be in a position to buy at least on very decent player.

22 hours ago, alfieconn said:

To be fair, Gary Neville has been quite complimentary to us this season,  i  even think he had Poch as manager of the season !

Obviously his employers don't think much of Poch, but like i said Sky Sports show bias

towards the other 5 teams in the Top six apart from Spurs. If he wasn't Spurs's manager his 

face would have been there.

Take a look at this Sky studio montage of the 5 managers in the top six although Poch 

finished 3rd last year and 2nd this season.

It's blatantly comical, :biggrin:

DAMH125V0AIO4kx-632x474.jpg.eb5fbccac7dfdd31aba578a179dcdbd7.jpg

10 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Obviously his employers don't think much of Poch, but like i said Sky Sports show bias

towards the other 5 teams in the Top six apart from Spurs. If he wasn't Spurs's manager his 

face would have been there.

Take a look at this Sky studio montage of the 5 managers in the top six although Poch 

finished 3rd last year and 2nd this season.

It's blatantly comical, :biggrin:

DAMH125V0AIO4kx-632x474.jpg.eb5fbccac7dfdd31aba578a179dcdbd7.jpg

Yes, funny isn't it and far from a one off.  I've noticed the exemption of Poch on a few occasions so it certainly isn't coincidence.

Strange really and begs the question, why?  Personally i don't care one iota because Sky have little credibility for me but it is a really strange one this, because if anything, with us being the closest thing to an Athletic Madrid in this league you would think that might appeal to them.  But clearly not!!

42 minutes ago, carmine said:

Yes, funny isn't it and far from a one off.  I've noticed the exemption of Poch on a few occasions so it certainly isn't coincidence.

Strange really and begs the question, why?  Personally i don't care one iota because Sky have little credibility for me but it is a really strange one this, because if anything, with us being the closest thing to an Athletic Madrid in this league you would think that might appeal to them.  But clearly not!!

I'll be watching Sunday supplement this afternoon, should be good for a laugh when the presenter ask's them for there top 4 for next season, which will go something like,  well  you've got to put the Manchester clubs up there cos they are both going to strengthen, Chelsea won the title and will be probably buy a few  more top player's so they will be up there, Liverpool  just need to buy a few defenders and  will be up there.

So basically their thinking is just based on who spend's the most money,  the funny thing is they say the same every season but obviously got it a bit wrong the last few season's ! 

Edited by alfieconn

41 minutes ago, SidJames said:

Is the Spurs game on tonight?

I don't see it listed on the BEIN Sport guide

On True they are not listed on Bein 1-4,  but they also have Bein 5 and 6 which doesn't have any info at the moment !