Tottenham Thread

chonabot

What's with all the defeatest "we're going to lose to City" mentality on here? Do you genuinely  believe it or just getting  your excuses in early?

You're 2 points behind us, isn't it your best start to a season, you're at home, on a Monday night, and we have been pretty average so far this season.

It's going to be a tough game for both City and Spurs and can really go either way.

I'm  hoping Pep has learnt from how we played at Anfield and will try a Mourinho 'secure a point' first and not just go gungho for a victory like he usually does.

Two great games between us last season; hope for the same again.

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

A draw at Palace??

I want five wins from six....the Citeh game is a lost cause unless we can infect their team bus with gastroenteritis. :biggrin:

I don't realistically consider City a rival so losing to them doesn't matter.  They'll keep steamrolling sides until a sizable gap appears at the top because the rest of us will keep dropping the odd point here and there and they will win the league quite comfortably.  At times i find it hard to see how their fans can get excited going into games they know is won before the starting whistle blows!!

Palace are tricky and i just wonder that we might run out of steam at the end of that ridiculous run of fixtures.

Edited by carmine

So spurs boys,   cant believe im having this thought but soon poch is gonna have to choose between ali and lamella  i think he's gonna go with ali.. but leave lamella out ..SERIOUSLY..  he's an absolute game changer/ winner atm and barring injury cant c that changing  so wots poch gonna do  . Drop ericson.? .. wots ure thoughts ?

16 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

So spurs boys,   cant believe im having this thought but soon poch is gonna have to choose between ali and lamella  i think he's gonna go with ali.. but leave lamella out ..SERIOUSLY..  he's an absolute game changer/ winner atm and barring injury cant c that changing  so wots poch gonna do  . Drop ericson.? .. wots ure thoughts ?

Rotation makes tht a tad redundant at this point...its in big games later in the season that we shall see his decision.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Rotation makes tht a tad redundant at this point...its in big games later in the season that we shall see his decision.

Wot? Ali and ericson will be fit v soon.. so the decision will have to be made then..we aint even popped son in there ... jeez... we are BLESSED !!

4 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

I suppose he could opt to play Eriksen deeper, at the expense of a fading Dembele but theres no way he'd drop Eriksen.  He's more likely to keep using Lamela as an impact player, similar to Son.  Lucas Moura could be the one to drop out though?

2 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Wot? Ali and ericson will be fit v soon.. so the decision will have to be made then..we aint even popped son in there ... jeez... we are BLESSED !!

I don't think Dele Alli's going to be fit for atleast a couple of weeks but Eriksen should start in Eindhoven.

5 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

To be fair, Lamela's ongoing injury issues make it an easy decision for Poch not to play him all the time !

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

To be fair, Lamela's ongoing injury issues make it an easy decision for Poch not to play him all the time !

Yeah..  lucky for poch eh!!   against the spammers all the plaudits quite rightly so went to lamella..   but carms..  moura for 60 mins  thought he ABSOLUTELY terrorised the spammers,  borderline unplayable . leaving him out....  sucks .. he's the only attacker weve had that can carry the ball  forward so quickly since..?? Bale?  any else ?   walker i suppose but his finally delivery TOTALLY took the shine of  them And gut reaction is that poch has been after  , 'a world stage' wide performer since ... day one and he's finally found one.. will he be the one to drop out.. i'm thinking not as he offers somemthing diferent BLISTERING  RAW PACE ..  but they all cant start..???? one thing havin strength in depth.. i joked about being blessed but dont think I've EVER seen our front line with so many REAL game changers that 100 % WILL win u games

Edit   alfie,  strongest  in depth .. since  .the early to mid 80 's ? days of the likes of brazil gibson  ect . not thay the fat <deleted> ever did a shift... however the depth was there ..

Edited by 3 minus 2

19 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well 3-2 we certainly don't need any attacking midfielders right now!!

Def mid more like....and a backup striker perhaps....crikey even our third choice keeper would do the job comfortable.

Wilmar Barrios is arriving in january., for a reported 23m

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

How did we not win that???????????????????????????????????????????

Same olď same old  ,,, juve ect   battering them winning with ease but not finishing it off.  ref was a <deleted>.. but hugo deserves a ban NASTY MF challenge

7 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Same olď same old  ,,, juve ect   battering them winning with ease but not finishing it off.  ref was a <deleted>.. but hugo deserves a ban NASTY MF challenge

The performance bar of course us scoring a few was excellent.....I'm stunned really.

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Still got to get enough points to qualify for the Europa so all to play for. 

Sardonic yet not at all unexpected.

Yes all to play for and another enjoyable performance accepting we are now out of the CL.

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Sardonic yet not at all unexpected.

Yes all to play for and another enjoyable performance accepting we are now out of the CL.

Not at all OK maybe just a bit sardonic and yh I googled it. Good place to start the Europa and let's be honest going into the Europa provides a lot more expectation than the CL. Realistic chance in the Europa. 

30 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

I didn’t think it was that bad. He looked like he was pulling out, carried on sliding and caught him with his knee. 

16 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Not at all OK maybe just a bit sardonic and yh I googled it. Good place to start the Europa and let's be honest going into the Europa provides a lot more expectation than the CL. Realistic chance in the Europa. 

Not if we don't finish games off.

15 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I didn’t think it was that bad. He looked like he was pulling out, carried on sliding and caught him with his knee. 

From that angle no but from the other .. studs up well off the floor  .no control ..   = nmf challenge .. but the real quest is  <deleted> was he doin out there !

6 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

From that angle no but from the other .. studs up well off the floor  .no control ..   = nmf challenge .. but the real quest is  <deleted> was he doin out there !

His studs are not up at the moment of contact, he hits him with his Knee.  Cant see anything that nasty about it. Red card debatable having watched it many times. 

Edited by Kadilo

35 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

In theory.. but we are tottenham.. !

7 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

His studs are not up at the moment of contact, he hits him with his Knee.  Cant see anything that nasty about it. Red card debatable having watched it many times. 

And i'm not exactly big up on getting our capt and goalkeeper a ban.. not in anyway a  positive