Tottenham Thread

chonabot

36144 allowing for police recommendation. Our capacity is 36230 before you ask so yes....it will be a full house.

Thankyou smokes. What medium do you wish to use as the official attendance?

On this occasion I used that Scottish invention.....bloke who the expression "Give us a bell" might have been named after. rolleyes.gif

The horses mouth mrboj....the only reasonable source.

Enjoy the game mrboj...I will be busying myself later with a detailed look at your figures over the last 20 years.....rolleyes.gif

I'm at work smokes, snowed under tongue.png but I'll catch some of the second half. Gotta pick daughter up from Ballet class first and then I'll watch the remainder of your game whilst I get comfy for the city match.

• Like 1

36144 allowing for police recommendation. Our capacity is 36230 before you ask so yes....it will be a full house.

Ahahahaha I see what you mean now....the BBC will be fine. wink.png

As i said b4, brad 2 start, why? simple really IMO ATM he's the better keeper, Lloris has made more errors/misjudgments in his last 2? games for spurs than freda has in all his time at spurs, and 2 day is going to be pressure and tough and we dont need any errors, chelsea have enuf quality and 100% will capitilse on them i'm not saying Lloris aint the future but whats the rush, arguably, freda's been the best keeper in the prem for at least a season why not use him and give Lloris time and a relative pressure free time for adaptation. As for adeboy , he's been on the bench for the last 2? games so I can only presume he's fit, seems vb, so far prefers defoe, I dont 4 me he dont suit the sole striker role, but you cant argue with his scoring record. And carmine been thinking the same bout walker for a while now, he aint making the same impression as he was last season, sometime naoughton should be given a game on the right, 2day though im not so sure if it's the time. 2 day 4 me is time for vb to show his tactical nous arguably that the last chav game was won by de mats tactics, be interesting to see how vb handles to dayI know we won b.ut cant say i liked the way we went defensive against utd trying to hold onto the lead, but hey ho it's total into battle the mighty spurs will go!!!!! Lets hope any way.

As i said b4, brad 2 start, why? simple really IMO ATM he's the better keeper, Lloris has made more errors/misjudgments in his last 2? games for spurs than freda has in all his time at spurs, and 2 day is going to be pressure and tough and we dont need any errors, chelsea have enuf quality and 100% will capitilse on them i'm not saying Lloris aint the future but whats the rush, arguably, freda's been the best keeper in the prem for at least a season why not use him and give Lloris time and a relative pressure free time for adaptation. As for adeboy , he's been on the bench for the last 2? games so I can only presume he's fit, seems vb, so far prefers defoe, I dont 4 me he dont suit the sole striker role, but you cant argue with his scoring record. And carmine been thinking the same bout walker for a while now, he aint making the same impression as he was last season, sometime naoughton should be given a game on the right, 2day though im not so sure if it's the time. 2 day 4 me is time for vb to show his tactical nous arguably that the last chav game was won by de mats tactics, be interesting to see how vb handles to dayI know we won b.ut cant say i liked the way we went defensive against utd trying to hold onto the lead, but hey ho it's total into battle the mighty spurs will go!!!!! Lets hope any way.

I'm not going to get into an argument about the keepers rij....your logic is sound but Lloris has to be given the no1 shirt sometime and today as good a time as any for me.

Regarding Walker....I think if we had a winger who could cross the ball then Naughton would get more game time. Walker is definitely suspect defensively but...as you say not for this game.

I am praying Adebayor starts today...we will need his presence upfront.

Anyway...time to go to the pub. Enjoy the match! smile.png

I'm not going to get into an argument about the keepers rij....your logic is sound but Lloris has to be given the no1 shirt sometime and today as good a time as any for me.

Regarding Walker....I think if we had a winger who could cross the ball then Naughton would get more game time. Walker is definitely suspect defensively but...as you say not for this game.

I am praying Adebayor starts today...we will need his presence upfront.

Anyway...time to go to the pub. Enjoy the match! smile.png

Yeah, i'deb be preferring 2 think that when Llorris gets the shirt he has earned it as opposed to be given it, same as an other position on the pitch. but yeah defo agree bout adeboy, lets hoep he comes bac nice and hungry. enjoy the match smokes

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

COYS

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Chelsea have failed to win in their last six Premier League visits to White Hart Lane since a 2-0 victory in August 2005 with goals from Asier Del Horno and Damien Duff.
  • Victory for Tottenham would be their 50th over Chelsea in all competitions.

Edited out the bit where it says Chelsea have won 61.....lol

Edited by chonabot
  • Like 1

Surprised to see Defoe starting again and Huddlestone. He'll need to be at his best today.

COYS!!!

I was going for 1-1 in this game but with Bale missing I think the Chavs will edge it. I hope Huddlestone doesn't do anything silly like he usually does. Not the best tackler in the world.

We're not doing too badly here rij....but we are seriouly missing Bale's width.

I suspect Hudd will make way in the second half and likely Townsend and Adebayor will play a part yet.

Keep possession better <deleted>!!

I thought you was going to the pub smokes?

I suspect Hudd will make way in the second half and likely Townsend and Adebayor will play a part yet.

Sent by Android thingy.

Welcome to 2012 mrboj!! :lol:

Sent by Android thingy.

Welcome to 2012 mrboj!! laugh.png

Oy. I'm gonna get myself an iPad soon but I won't be posting on TV in the middle of a game. Fekkin yuppies biggrin.png

• Like 1

Ahahahaha I see what you mean now....the BBC will be fine. wink.png

Attendaence 36,060. So at least 88 unsold tickets there smokes. Can;t even fill a mini stadium on a derby match laugh.png

Disappointed but not surprised really. We were beaten by a team that might well win the league and you need to be playing them at full strength. i winced when i saw that Bale and Dembele were absent. Thats not to mention Kaboul and Parker.

We have learnt a few things from the game though.

Firstly Lloris should now be outright number one. Brad never looked at ease and AVB has to make a decision. Now is the time.

Secondly Vertoghen should be switched to center back until Kaboul is fit because Gallas was utterly dreadful and is clearly showing his age. BAE and Naughton are both back training aswell

I also think he would have been better playing Andros Townsend in Bales absense as it would have kept the balance. Huddlestone looks a shadow of the player he once was.

Jurys out on the Walker/Naughton choice at right back

i agree with Alf's points aswell and will be eager to see what Lewis/Levy do in january.

Lastly the treatment by certain elements, be it a small minority, of Dempsey and Walker is totally out of order and if they can't give the team their full backing at ALL times then i wish they would <removed> off right now and support another team.

Edited by carmine

Some good points there carms....perhaps the most important is starting with the keeper and Gallas, who is now past it and should retire with his pride intact.

Our passing at times was disgraceful. Lost count of he number of occasions where we passed the ball directly to a Chelsea player.

When I see Huddlestone in the first eleven and Falque on the bench I know we are down to bare bones.

We are a couple of players short of a really good squad at the moment...well we have been for several years now.

Sort it out Daniel!!

Well what we need is a Moutinho and a damiao but most importantly we don't want the poor mans version of these players.

Arsenal are vulnerable out of last seasons top five clubs as this season has already shown and i really think theres only one CL place up for grabs this season.

As much of a fan of AVB as i am and delighted with our start he got it wrong yesterday by not picking a winger to replace Bale. It upset the balance of our team.

Did you also notice smokes that the quartet of Oscar Hazaed Mata and Torres look very much the part of foreign imported tomatoes in my little analogy! All 130m quids worth. biggrin.png

That Mata is a superb player.

I was feeling quite confident about this one until I saw the teamsheet. Chelsea at full strength and us with a bare bones squad.

With Walker,Kaboul and Vertonghen, BAE at left back, Bale and two of Sandro/Dembele/Parker, Lennon and Sigardsson with Adebayor up front would have been a different match.

Hopefully all will be ready for their place.

I'd like to see Sig on the bench and replaced with Moutinho though!