20112012 Genk 37 (19)

2012 Aston Villa 34 (19)

National team

2007 Belgium U-17 11 (6)

20072008 Belgium U-18 7 (4)

20082009 Belgium U-19 10 (10)

20092012 Belgium U-21 9 (4)

2010 Belgium 14 (6)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18:44, 6 May 2013 (UTC).

Anybody checking birth certificate? looks like he started playing internationals at age 17.

I'm not doubting his age but i seem to remember in my younger days of foreign kids playing youth football with no birth certificate available from there home country which could well be the case for Benteke sad.png

Footnote : He started playing youth football (not sure if that was a professional club or not ) at the tender age of 6 years old whistling.gif

And ure right alf its all speculative but tbh was really expecting these african/ west indian guys to be defensive AT THE LEAST when i said bout his age!!! f me u could have blown me over with a feather when they BOTH agreed with me

If Spurs had signed Benteke, he would have been 23 for sure, to all Spurs fans.biggrin.png

Ups, we wouldn't have been worried if he was 43 as long as he could put the ball in the back of the net tongue.png

From what i've read on here the hope and the main justification of spending 25 was that he could step up and b ready 4 the world stage? at 22 there's a reasonable chance that it could happen but if he was now 27? at 30 the chances haven't gone completely, but lets say physically things , like returning quickly from injury ect ect. become more recognizable

Personal information

Full name Christian Benteke Liolo[1]

Date of birth 3 December 1990 (age 22)

Place of birth Kinshasa, Zaire[2]

Height 1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)

Playing position Striker

Club information

Current club Aston Villa

Number 20

Youth career

19962004 JS Pierreuse

20042006 Standard Liège

20062007 Genk

Senior career*

Years Team Apps (Gls)

20072009 Genk 10 (1)

20092011 Standard Liège 18 (3)

20092010 → Kortrijk (loan) 34 (15)

20102011 → Mechelen (loan) 18 (6)

20112012 Genk 37 (19)

2012 Aston Villa 34 (19)

National team

2007 Belgium U-17 11 (6)

20072008 Belgium U-18 7 (4)

20082009 Belgium U-19 10 (10)

20092012 Belgium U-21 9 (4)

2010 Belgium 14 (6)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18:44, 6 May 2013 (UTC).

Anybody checking birth certificate? looks like he started playing internationals at age 17.

We know what he says his date of birth is single!!! , the point being is in africa its very strongly rumored that regulations and records can be 'adjusted' to suit.

Thats if he had one of course or if he manged to bring it with him !

Standard Liege would have had a pretty good idea if the boy was 14 or 20 when he joined them.

Could be wrong your honour... but I think ups is close to the mark.

And if they were told he was 3 - 4 years younger than he was and all the paper work backed it up, what advantage would they gain by saying other wise single?

• Like 1

Actually I heard similar rumours about Kolo Toure which is why we seemed so keen to shovel him out of the front door so quickly.

Wouldn't surprise me chic, could it go away to explaining his weight issues?

So your saying that Liverpool have signed a 58 year old whistling.gif

well, at least they got him on a freeby alf, s-itty city gave what 14? mil for him cheesy.gif

They tend to pay 10m too much for anyone they sign laugh.png

• Like 1

Wouldn't surprise me chic, could it go away to explaining his weight issues?

So your saying that Liverpool have signed a 58 year old whistling.gif

well, at least they got him on a freeby alf, s-itty city gave what 14? mil for him cheesy.gif

They tend to pay 10m too much for anyone they sign laugh.png

Rather 10 million too much, than 10 minutes too latetongue.png

• Like 2

Well thats another midfielder signed, obviously going to be playing with no forward next season facepalm.gif

Chadli is a good signing...far better than last season's nonsense.

We still need a striker.

COYS. wai2.gif

Yep, a great bit of business,he looks like a worldbeater and should help with the project !

Well thats another midfielder signed, obviously going to be playing with no forward next season facepalm.gif

Chadli is a good signing...far better than last season's nonsense.

We still need a striker.

COYS. wai2.gif

Yep, a great bit of business,he looks like a worldbeater and should help with the project !

I hope so....at least it gives us flexibility on the flanks....which is key for an AVB team.

This team is starting to look like his....and to me that is a good thing seeing what he did with our attacking options last season.

Come on Levy....sign a goalscoring machine <deleted>!

• Like 1

Just woke up to the news..... Chadli is a fantastic signing. See my earlier posts. Now if we can get Bernard that will be perfect.....playing Gareth as CF.

Paulinho is back in Brazil on hols getting ready for the move. AVB says he will join the squad at WHL on 30/31st. Praying he brings Bernard with him. They have the same agent. Can I really be so optimistic?

Just woke up to the news..... Chadli is a fantastic signing. See my earlier posts. Now if we can get Bernard that will be perfect.....playing Gareth as CF.

Paulinho is back in Brazil on hols getting ready for the move. AVB says he will join the squad at WHL on 30/31st. Praying he brings Bernard with him. They have the same agent. Can I really be so optimistic?

We need a striker mate. Thats 24m spent now and still no striker. He's bought a player we don't need and lost out on the player we were absolutely desperate for. We haven't recouped bugger all from unecessary squad players because he wants too much and we are still having to waste resources on their wages. Its piss poor business.

Now he'll have to spend the same as he would on Benteke for a player thats six years older. of course i hope i'm wrong but sadly i don't think i will be in this case. All Levy is doing is demonstrating a profound lack of understanding about the transfer market and our squad needs.

Please sell us Joe and let us progress. You have been holding us back for long enough you tight arse.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

We need a striker mate. Thats 24m spent now and still no striker. He's bought a player we don't need and lost out on the player we were absolutely desperate for. We haven't recouped bugger all from unecessary squad players because he wants too much and we are still having to waste resources on their wages. Its piss poor business.

Now he'll have to spend the same as he would on Benteke for a player thats six years older. of course i hope i'm wrong but sadly i don't think i will be in this case. All Levy is doing is demonstrating a profound lack of understanding about the transfer market and our squad needs.

Please sell us Joe and let us progress. You have been holding us back for long enough you tight arse.

My first thought when I heard about the new purchase was that it was fool's gold. More of an indication that a quality striker ain't gonna be arriving at White Hart Lane anytime soon.

To be fair, i would have rather spent the 24m on Benteke ! thats unless we buy a world class striker of course which i doubt very much will happen sad.png

Personally i didn't think there was anything wrong with Andros Townsend. Just had his breakthrough season in the league, plays either side with pace and funnily enough is 6'2" the same height as Chadli.

Unless the Belgium is a world beater its a simple case of 7m wasted striker funds.

Edited by carmine

To be fair, i would have rather spent the 24m on Benteke ! thats unless we buy a world class striker of course which i doubt very much will happen sad.png

I've got more chance of my CTH satellite dish being set up in time for the start of the season.

Life seems to be a persistent kick in the <deleted> these days. i'm starting to understand why Man Yoo has had such a large fanbase for the past 26 yearssmile.png

This one has AVB written all over it.....Chadli is pacy and will fit well into the team....Townsend has done just OK but this lad is way ahead of him.

If we get a decent striker in then its great business....if we don't then its going to look very foolish indeed.

Edit: How many bloody midfielders do we have now? Insane!

Edited by smokie36

This one has AVB written all over it.....Chadli is pacy and will fit well into the team....Townsend has done just OK but this lad is way ahead of him.

If we get a decent striker in then its great business....if we don't then its going to look very foolish indeed.

Does seem rather odd. Is Levy really going to spend £40-£50m this season? It doesn't fit his M.O. The more he spends the less safe Bale looks to me, which would be quite disappointing for you guys.

Who else could you sell to recoup some cash?

Does seem rather odd. Is Levy really going to spend £40-£50m this season? It doesn't fit his M.O. The more he spends the less safe Bale looks to me, which would be quite disappointing for you guys.

Hudd and Livermore probably. Watch this space on that one....

Why do we need to recoup some cash ?

I'm not saying you do, I'm saying it hasn't been Levy's style to pump money into the club. Do you think he has a change of heart?

I would say if we sign a striker...and that is a big IF now....then yes....obviously he and Joe have sat down in the Bahamas and decided to back the new manager.