Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Loris world class.... Not a jock!

Yes he is. A fantastic keeper. With a settled back four we should be very tight (bar our regular weakness at the far post from a deep right side cross. Walker is awful defending that situation.) Lloris will be worth quite a few points for us as Brad was in his time.

I really hope Villas-Boas stops inter charging our back four, it can't be the best way

did kaboul get any mins pre season? , according to his twitter he was meant to be fit.

Would you honestly expect AVB to risk a player who has just come back from serious knee and thigh injuries, to play on THAT pitch?

i did say 'pre season', , i dont believe they were our squads first 90 mins

were they? or dont u know about his progress either smokey?

Edited by rijit

did kaboul get any mins pre season? , according to his twitter he was meant to be fit.

Would you honestly expect AVB to risk a player who has just come back from serious knee and thigh injuries, to play on THAT pitch?

i did say 'pre season', , i dont believe they were our squads first 90 mins

were they? or dont u know about his progress either smokey?

I'm too busy following the Soldado saga mate...sorry! biggrin.png

the guardian gets in on the act http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/27/gareth-bale-real-madrid-tottenham-hotspur

the surprising thing is that there's a world record offer supposedly on the table and not one quotable comment from madrid, spurs,or even a an agent,

REALLY !!!!!

Marca's original tapping up of Modric had exactly the same plotline as the one they used recently for Bale. Broken promises from Levy and all that.... If Madrid continue to use this rag as their mouthpiece they need to find more creative journalists. The English papers just seem to have hopped onto the transfer window bandwagon. Surprised at the Guardian, thought it was better than that.

Bale is staying and theres a new striker on the way with quite possibly more signings to follow. Thats all Spurs fans need to focus on

No transfer shennanigans for Spurs fans. If you want that just keep an eye on the Suarez saga. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Looks like increasing smoke about Bale wanting out to Madrid. Seems to me there is now more to this than just the media stirring up things. AVB has become more reticent to discuss the situation. If Madrid is offering what they're reportedly offering Levy better take the money.

Never a dull moment.rolleyes.gif

Looks like increasing smoke about Bale wanting out to Madrid. Seems to me there is now more to this than just the media stirring up things. AVB has become more reticent to discuss the situation. If Madrid is offering what they're reportedly offering Levy better take the money.

Never a dull moment.rolleyes.gif

Its just got boring. Its almost certainly Marca's usual rubbish but one half of me wants it to be true so we could carry off the ultimate transfer coup selling Bale for over 100m. Wouldn't that be something!!

Bale wants out. New contract not being discussed with Spurs. Levy should let the boy go to further his career now. 86 mil. He won't get more next season. What is Levy playing at?

Really? And your source is? and why would we sell him cheap at 86m? Non sense i'm afraid. I'll drive him to Madrid for 100m whether he wants to go or not. But regards his career, its doing no damage to a 22n years old career and he has constantly said what an improved player he is for AVB's coaching.

Useless paper talk

Edited by carmine

When the fee was suggested around £50m, I thought Levy should keep hold of Bale. Now £80m+ is being banded about, he should take the money and buy Rooney and another £30-40m midfielder.

£80m is just too high for one man when the rest of the squad is only worth half a shandy and a packet of prawn cocktail crisps. Relatively speaking.

When the fee was suggested around £50m, I thought Levy should keep hold of Bale. Now £80m+ is being banded about, he should take the money and buy Rooney and another £30-40m midfielder.

£80m is just too high for one man when the rest of the squad is only worth half a shandy and a packet of prawn cocktail crisps. Relatively speaking.

Particularly when even the most optimistic Spurs fans agree that if Bale were to stay, it wouldn't be for long. Strike while the iron is hot !

• Like 1