Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Does anyone know <deleted> is supposed to be wrong with Danny Rose's toe!! Its getting closer to two moths since he went off injured…The Guardian does't revlon he's back fit until Nov23rd….

Forget the Holtby talk lads, AVB must play Eriksen. Theres a gulf in class between the two. I see it as Defoe and Holtby being used in the cups although i am very heartened by the newspaper gossip about Defoe being sold in jan.

Jermaine Defoe, the natural goalscorer, according to our esteemed football writersfacepalm.gif

Does anyone know <deleted> is supposed to be wrong with Danny Rose's toe!! Its getting closer to two moths since he went off injured…The Guardian does't revlon he's back fit until Nov23rd….

Forget the Holtby talk lads, AVB must play Eriksen. Theres a gulf in class between the two. I see it as Defoe and Holtby being used in the cups although i am very heartened by the newspaper gossip about Defoe being sold in jan.

Jermaine Defoe, the natural goalscorer, according to our esteemed football writersfacepalm.gif

Yep major <deleted> up not having a back up for him, just read a very good point on a blog, see below :

Villas-Boas's team selection for the Europa League this season has been puzzling. AVB selected Danny Rose against Tromso in September and selected Sandro against Sheriff Tiraspol last week. Rose, of course, suffered a foot injury that has seen him miss the last five league games. Sandro, meanwhile, was visibly fatigued against Hull and Villas-Boas was forced to use a valuable substitution to withdraw him at halftime.

Even if we take it as a given that the Europa League is a worthwhile competition, in neither game did it make sense to start the player in question. Spurs' faced weak opposition each game and had no adequate back-ups for either Rose or Sandro. While the Rose injury was particularly unlucky, Villas Boas should not have started either player. Ezekiel Fryers and Nabil Bentaleb would probably be adequate against the likes of Tromso, Sheriff, and a depleted Anzhi Makhachkala, especially when surrounded by a host of first team players.

• Like 1

Yep major fuc_k up not having a back up for him, just read a very good point on a blog, see below :

Villas-Boas's team selection for the Europa League this season has been puzzling. AVB selected Danny Rose against Tromso in September and selected Sandro against Sheriff Tiraspol last week. Rose, of course, suffered a foot injury that has seen him miss the last five league games. Sandro, meanwhile, was visibly fatigued against Hull and Villas-Boas was forced to use a valuable substitution to withdraw him at halftime.

Even if we take it as a given that the Europa League is a worthwhile competition, in neither game did it make sense to start the player in question. Spurs' faced weak opposition each game and had no adequate back-ups for either Rose or Sandro. While the Rose injury was particularly unlucky, Villas Boas should not have started either player. Ezekiel Fryers and Nabil Bentaleb would probably be adequate against the likes of Tromso, Sheriff, and a depleted Anzhi Makhachkala, especially when surrounded by a host of first team players.

Very true this and to make it even more ill judged Etienne Capoue wasn't even close to fit when he was playing Sandro and could have unnecessarily left us without a defensive midfield for at least a month.

I think the plan was that Eriksen and Holtby were bought in to offer more creativity,

also Lamela and sig are supposed to contribute in that too, depending whos playing at the time.

At the moment Holtby and Sig are having a good start to the season, but not so with Lamela and Eriksen,

bearing in mind though the first two have been in the team much longer and have settled in.

Also Sig was always understudy to Bale, but now he can become the main man if he continues his current form,

his goal against Hull the other night was world class, if Bale had done that everybody would be talking about it!

When you are talking about Holtby having a good start to the season then you must be refering to the 2 cups which too be fair have been fairly easy games, he has had very few starts in the Premier and when he has he has been taken off.

Told you he was shit!

I think the plan was that Eriksen and Holtby were bought in to offer more creativity,

also Lamela and sig are supposed to contribute in that too, depending whos playing at the time.

At the moment Holtby and Sig are having a good start to the season, but not so with Lamela and Eriksen,

bearing in mind though the first two have been in the team much longer and have settled in.

Also Sig was always understudy to Bale, but now he can become the main man if he continues his current form,

his goal against Hull the other night was world class, if Bale had done that everybody would be talking about it!

When you are talking about Holtby having a good start to the season then you must be refering to the 2 cups which too be fair have been fairly easy games, he has had very few starts in the Premier and when he has he has been taken off.

Told you he was shit!

Be fair Mr Red, he cost almost nothing.

Well Spurs lot have been posting (spamming everywhere else)on the other threads today,they must of forgot they have a game today.....not a word about it on your own thread!!.......and a really good game in prospect i hope.Just starting now.smile.png

Top 4 once more...

Some achievement that chon at this stage of the season,i have a feeling with the invisible man up front you wil not be in the top 4 when father xmas calls wink.png

AVB seemed lost for ideas tactically didn't he?

• Like 1

Soldado is the new Rebrov.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Did Soldado play?

Good to see you paying us some attention this year Nads....life is oh so different when yer playin catchup innit? biggrin.png

Catch up!!

It won't take much now will it playing like that......i prefer the term stalking tongue.png

0-0 to the Tottingham.....

Top 4 once more...

Some achievement that chon at this stage of the season,i have a feeling with the invisible man up front you wil not be in the top 4 when father xmas calls wink.png

We certainly need something extra in the last third, but those clean sheets are something I suppose :)

Top 4 once more...

Spurs defence was like a brick wall in the first half and Everton's final ball was dreadful.

Spurs forward line is crying out for some flair!

Have they 'done' almost 60 Million on Soldado and Lamela. sad.png

Cruel that.....Daniel will be fuming won't he...the only shining light at the moment is Andros and he was dim today also.

Makes me almost feel happy we only wasted 27 Million on the chimney sweep.

Erikson?

Smokie, are you still excited by Soldado? I hear his youtube clips are fantastic......hehehe.

Dodgy decision by AVB to let Lloris continue.

Be fair, he needs the ball before he can have a pop at goal, how many games did Torres have before he started to come good? ;)

Smokie, are you still excited by Soldado? I hear his youtube clips are fantastic......hehehe.

Be fair, he needs the ball before he can have a pop at goal, how many games did Torres have before he started to come good? ;)

Maybe its time to look at the attacking coaches and make a change.

New players....same old problems breaking teams down.

• Like 1

Be fair, he needs the ball before he can have a pop at goal, how many games did Torres have before he started to come good? wink.png

Maybe its time to look at the attacking coaches and make a change.

New players....same old problems breaking teams down.

To be honest it almost seems as if Adeboy and Defoe would be most welcome back.

I remember someone saying of Soldado, Lamela & Erikson, "we're so lucky to have Baldini, otherwise we wouldn't have got these players". I wonder if Daniel is sharing in the joyluck club?

So is it time to question AVB's tactics??

Torres was broken before we got him............

Well lads a few points from last night, as has already been discussed, why does he persist with Lennon on the left, he is not an inverted winger and i was actually hoping that he would replace him and not minding that it was Sig who has more of an idea in that role and didn't do too bad when he come on.

Thought it strange that he took off Sandro (perhaps tiring) when he must have known that Everton were going to come onto us in the 20 mins, in the end it didn't really matter due to the defence playing so well.

Whats happened to Dawson ? more composed, not making silly mistakes, has probaly gone up 2 levels and to be fair he had Lukalu in his pocket last night !

Obviously we are still not creating enough chances in the box although i thought our play in other areas was alot better but hopefully as he integrates the new players in the team that will improve, was always going to be a big ask to start playing 7 new players and expect them to play a fluent style straight away but to be honest while we are conceding so few goals then we aren't in a real hurry.

Footnote : i still think top 8 is within our grasp for this season thumbsup.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Well lads a few points from last night, as has already been discussed, why does he persist with Lennon on the left, he is not an inverted winger and i was actually hoping that he would replace him and not minding that it was Sig who has more of an idea in that role and didn't do too bad when he come on.

Thought it strange that he took off Sandro (perhaps tiring) when he must have known that Everton were going to come onto us in the 20 mins, in the end it didn't really matter due to the defence playing so well.

Whats happened to Dawson ? more composed, not making silly mistakes, has probaly gone up 2 levels and to be fair he had Lukalu in his pocket last night !

Obviously we are still not creating enough chances in the box although i thought our play in other areas was alot better but hopefully as he integrates the new players in the team that will improve, was always going to be a big ask to start playing 7 new players and expect them to play a fluent style straight away but to be honest while we are conceding so few goals then we aren't in a real hurry.

Footnote : i still think top 8 is within our grasp for this season thumbsup.gif

Agree with all that and a very good point for us. Always a tough game away to Everton and a fair result all round. Dawson's form is impressive and i think he's a much better center back with Lloris in goal.

As everyone knows AVB likes a high line and Dawson isn't the quickest but Lloris' speed off the line really helps him. Hopefully Kaboul will play in the capital/europa games and eased in gradually.

AVB's decision to keep Lloris on the pitch was in hindsight the correct one as he went on to make a couple of good saves.

Lennon should not play on the left full stop. I would also have started Eriksen for his creativity and have bought on Holtby later for his defensive qualities.

Sandro was very good yesterday and i would have kept him on possibly at the expense of Paulinho who's starting to look like he needs a rest.

All in all a good performance but still lacking the clinical finishing to convert all the chances created. Patience and it will come.

Edited by carmine

Looking at Spurs in the first half, they could have played all night and Everton wouldn't have scored. I agree that Dawson made Lukaku ineffective and though it grieves me to say it, I thought Holtby played well. I'm not sure that it was wise to let Lloris continue even though he made a couple of saves afterwards. He took a heck of a bang and was obviously disoriented for a while. I think this type of decision should be out of Lloris's hands for his own safety.

onya true believers, for a lovely 30 minutes i was overjoyed at the way the spurs played, i finally had thoughts we were on the right track.

everton buckled down and came back well, for the players they have.

my usual spurs thoughts came to my thinking, dominate and then throw it away against a late goal, but the defence stood firm.

yes we lack some flair and creativity, i hope AVB can work his way around this problem.