Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Whats happened to this thread :unsure:

Team news is good with Van Der Vaart back. Sandro doubtful though.

I know we really need to find a striker especially for next year but hopefully the Drogba talk is rubbish. The only striker from the chavs i'd want is Sturridge or Torres priced at 15m. Maybe we could take a punt at him getting back to being a half decent striker.

If only we could tempt Andy Carroll. He's class. :ermm::o:lol:

No, no mention of Torres by Harry...

But Anelka - he has the usual absolutely nothing, positively, maybe quote...

"I have always liked him. I think he is a fantastic goalscorer but he is not a player who I have made any enquiries about or mentioned to the chairman.

"Having said that, I wouldn't stand here and say, 'No. Never', because if I did sign him you would say, 'What a lying git'. It's not a bad shout. He's a good player."

But if you do want a quote on Torres from Harry I can provide one...

'As we all know Torres has proven that he can be one of the best strikers in the world and he is a great lad too. It is not really for me to say whether Spurs would sign him or not.'

'At the moment we cant get away from the fact that he is signed to Chelsea. Players like Torres also command big salaries. We dont know even if he is available and, if he is, I suspect a lot of other clubs will also be interested in him.'

Sorry smokes, I turned off my auto sms bs alert last night thingy, and instead of getting the usual 3-4 beep beeps post spurs match, it was all quiet.

As for top 3 pulling away, we are only concerned with pole position, not who's behind us-foreign to spurs supporters I suppose so will cut you a little slack ;)

Sorry smokes, I turned off my auto sms bs alert last night thingy, and instead of getting the usual 3-4 beep beeps post spurs match, it was all quiet.

As for top 3 pulling away, we are only concerned with pole position, not who's behind us-foreign to spurs supporters I suppose so will cut you a little slack ;)

Sure mate 1-0 to the Mad-ches-ter....don't quite have the ring to it....know what I mean?

The 22nd Jan is looking more crucial every week.

Thats very generous of you MrB but i think we all know (bar delusional Man Yoo fans) that you are going to win the league at a stroll. I do think we can give it a real go with the chasing pack though but we really need to start converting more of the chances we create. We should have scored ten last night.

Did you see either of the incidents involving Cahills sending off or the bizarre one not to send off David Luiz? Both shocking decisions and perfect examples of no consistency in the refereeing.

Good to get 3 points , however I must admit to finding the game rather boring, Bolton even b4 the sending off offered very little threat on our goal and the sending off, harsh to say the least, more or less ended any vague hope they had of snatching a point. Although winning by 3 clear goals on paper looks pretty reasonable,on reflecting the balance of play it wasn't, goal difference at the end of the season could well prove v v important, so with such one sided game we should be looking to crank our goal difference up by at least something that represents how one sided the game was IMO 6or 7 wouldn't have been an unfair reflection, just hope we dont live to regret these missed opp's. Come on UUUUUUUUUU spurs.

Good to get 3 points , however I must admit to finding the game rather boring, Bolton even b4 the sending off offered very little threat on our goal and the sending off, harsh to say the least, more or less ended any vague hope they had of snatching a point. Although winning by 3 clear goals on paper looks pretty reasonable,on reflecting the balance of play it wasn't, goal difference at the end of the season could well prove v v important, so with such one sided game we should be looking to crank our goal difference up by at least something that represents how one sided the game was IMO 6or 7 wouldn't have been an unfair reflection, just hope we dont live to regret these missed opp's. Come on UUUUUUUUUU spurs.

Totally agree with you Rij. Great to get another three points but we really could have done our goal difference a huge favour. Defoe, in particular, really needs too many chances to score doesn't he.

Bolton have serious problems and on what i saw haven't an earthly chance of staying up. As you said they offered little or nothing before Cahill went off.

Thats very generous of you MrB but i think we all know (bar delusional Man Yoo fans) that you are going to win the league at a stroll.

I hope you are right Carms but I've been a City fan for far too long and always expect us to shoot ourselves in both feet. :D

Did you see either of the incidents involving Cahills sending off or the bizarre one not to send off David Luiz? Both shocking decisions and perfect examples of no consistency in the refereeing.

I was watching the City game but in the club we go they have several TV's on, so in the corner of my eye I saw Cahills straight red and it was disgraceful refereeing.

Thats very generous of you MrB but i think we all know (bar delusional Man Yoo fans) that you are going to win the league at a stroll.

I hope you are right Carms but I've been a City fan for far too long and always expect us to shoot ourselves in both feet. :D

I was watching the City game but in the club we go they have several TV's on, so in the corner of my eye I saw Cahills straight red and it was disgraceful refereeing.

The Luiz incident was a clear red card. Last defender makes a foul and gets a yellow....<deleted>!

Anelka's leaving chelsea in January, I know the drogba rumours but hasn't anelk's been linked to us in the recent past? even if the only game he started was the Man city game could he be worth a punt? , well at least till the the end of the season, well t b h he's a lot lot better than pav or maybe pav's doing the off in jan?

Edited by rijit

so what i really want to know from you spuds having drawn Cheltenham in the F. A. cup and the other so called big guns getting potential banana skins.

is, if you lose to a so called minnow. will old Harry then turn round and say that at least you can concentrate on winning the league, but if you progress would there maybe talk of clinching the double ? laugh.gif

if you lose to a so called minnow. will old Harry then turn round and say that at least you can concentrate on winning the league,

Yes ( but we won't lose) :D

if you progress would there maybe talk of clinching the double ? laugh.gif

Yes :D

Edited by alfieconn

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle839976.html

another pav' leaving rumor , i reckon it's cheerio in January,

And tiger fish could the reason people would talk about us doin the double is cos were, arguably,and imo, the best team in the division at the mo?.

A difficult thing for ari any manager to do is to keep a fourth choice striker hsppy, if he's half way decent he will want 2 b first choice.

Don think much of remy's dancin but the goals are ok, not sure half would have gone in in the prem tho.

Edited by rijit

Sunday's game against Stoke should be a fairly comfortable result. Well it will be if we take enough of our chances.

Where's the statistician? What's our goalscoring opportunity vs converted % Abrak?

I think it'll be a really tough game and lets face it we have to lose eventually. However we always create chances as you say and if Van Der Vaart starts which i hear we will, he'll score. Still think Defoe needs too many chances to convert. He should have scored five against Bolton.

Sunday's game against Stoke should be a fairly comfortable result. Well it will be if we take enough of our chances.

Where's the statistician? What's our goalscoring opportunity vs converted % Abrak?

<a class=post-23517-0-13263900-1323420560_thumb.j' alt='post-23517-0-13263900-1323420560_thumb.j'>

Interesting - so over 50% on target but over 2/3rds of them are saved. Abrak - where do you get these stats, would be interesting to compare with the other top clubs? I know, Google is my friend!

Having just completed my predictions, we have 7 EPL games in the next month and only 1 against a top 7 team (Chelski), let's hope we can keep our form but kill these games off early!

Interesting - so over 50% on target but over 2/3rds of them are saved. Abrak - where do you get these stats, would be interesting to compare with the other top clubs? I know, Google is my friend!

Having just completed my predictions, we have 7 EPL games in the next month and only 1 against a top 7 team (Chelski), let's hope we can keep our form but kill these games off early!

Well for basic player and club stats I use EPLindex.

Unfortunately you can only compare two different clubs at one time. So you cant say get a top 6 comparison in an instant.

Here is some month old data with comparisons.

<a class=post-23517-0-22794400-1323426200_thumb.p' alt='post-23517-0-22794400-1323426200_thumb.p'>

Well for basic player and club stats I use EPLindex.

Unfortunately you can only compare two different clubs at one time. So you cant say get a top 6 comparison in an instant.

Here is some month old data with comparisons.

<a class=post-23517-0-22794400-1323426200_thumb.p' alt='post-23517-0-22794400-1323426200_thumb.p'>

whistling.gifbiggrin.gifunsure.gif Thank You!

Yeah thanks for that Abrak. Excellent work! thumbsup.gif

16% conversion rate seems low....come on lads lets see that doubled please!!

Actually 16% is about average (slightly above average actually). If your conversion rate was double, you could pretty confidently predict that you were going to score less. A bit like Rooney at the start of the season or Akyubu (spelling?) - the guy from Blackburn - now.

Actually 16% is about average (slightly above average actually). If your conversion rate was double, you could pretty confidently predict that you were going to score less. A bit like Rooney at the start of the season or Akyubu (spelling?) - the guy from Blackburn - now.

You've lost me here...how would we be scoring less goals overall?

Errmmm statistically it works kind of like this.

If you have a statistic like you have scored 90 times from your last 100 shots, you tend to conclude you have been lucky rather than brilliant because of the deviation from the mean.

Now you could argue that in the future you might well take 200 shots and even though you achieve less goals as a percentage you will score more goals overall.

That however would be a massively heroic assumption....

..Unless of course the number of shots taken was a deviation.....

Simply put, if a striker scores with 7 out of 8 of the shots he takes on goal (which is unusually high as a percentage) you are safer, in the future assuming that his future shots will be 8, and his future goals less, then assuming he will have the same number of goals, but very many more shots.

ACTUALLY... that is moronically complicated.

If a player had 10 shots on goal and scored 10 times what would your future assumption be. That he had the same number of shots and less goals or the same number of goals and more shots. Or if you are really a smartass that he has more goals with less shots?

Edited by Abrak

Me- me me me- sir - I know the answer! We wouldn't be playing nice attacking, but sensible football and creating many less chances! Tottenham has reduced their 'direct long ball play' = good! Build up the field - use the pace, at the right time for 50m and not 75m.

Apparently - my suggestion was not right! Strikers (and other players coming forward from midfield or defence at set pieces) think the more times I go for a goal, the more times I will score.

I actually believe that in some cases this is true, in some cases it is not true and in most cases football players are requested to think too much!

Abrak - how many players have hit shots into Row ZZ compared to the ones who have 'hit the target' with brilliant skill and technique?

Errmmm statistically it works kind of like this.

If you have a statistic like you have scored 90 times from your last 100 shots, you tend to conclude you have been lucky rather than brilliant because of the deviation from the mean.

Now you could argue that in the future you might well take 200 shots and even though you achieve less goals as a percentage you will score more goals overall.

That however would be a massively heroic assumption....

..Unless of course the number of shots taken was a deviation.....

Simply put, if a striker scores with 7 out of 8 of the shots he takes on goal (which is unusually high as a percentage) you are safer, in the future assuming that his future shots will be 8, and his future goals less, then assuming he will have the same number of goals, but very many more shots.

ACTUALLY... that is moronically complicated.

If a player had 10 shots on goal and scored 10 times what would your future assumption be. That he had the same number of shots and less goals or the same number of goals and more shots. Or if you are really a smartass that he has more goals with less shots?

I think you're saying its good to have room for improvement?

I'm soothed by this....but I still feel Defoe needs a boot up the backside.