Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Me- me me me- sir - I know the answer! We wouldn't be playing nice attacking, but sensible football and creating many less chances! Tottenham has reduced their 'direct long ball play' = good! Build up the field - use the pace, at the right time for 50m and not 75m.

Yes the quality of the final ball is often too good for the strikers, especially from Bale.

I'm not complaining about that! biggrin.gif

Me- me me me- sir - I know the answer! We wouldn't be playing nice attacking, but sensible football and creating many less chances! Tottenham has reduced their 'direct long ball play' = good! Build up the field - use the pace, at the right time for 50m and not 75m.

Yes the quality of the final ball is often too good for the strikers, especially from Bale.

And in some cases the quality of the final ball has no quality, because of indecision. I love Aaron Lennon, too many times he get's into a scoring position, and then put's in a <deleted> cross - nowhere near anybody, cut's back to a knackered Corluka/ Hutton - or plays it to the centre circle for our midfield to 'start again'! COYS!

And in some cases the quality of the final ball has no quality, because of indecision. I love Aaron Lennon, too many times he get's into a scoring position, and then put's in a <deleted> cross - nowhere near anybody, cut's back to a knackered Corluka/ Hutton - or plays it to the centre circle for our midfield to 'start again'! COYS!

Who is this Corluka/Hutton? Kyle Walker knows how to cross the ball...and he's another on the still improving list. Happy times indeed....smile.gif

I know that I'm a few months 'out of date' - and Kyle Walker is a great player! You can't play Lennon in front of him, because, when he comes forward, Lennon, whilst running around alot and trying hard - is no good in his own half!

I know that I'm a few months 'out of date' - and Kyle Walker is a great player! You can't play Lennon in front of him, because, when he comes forward, Lennon, whilst running around alot and trying hard - is no good in his own half!

I know where this is heading Trev...and I'd like to see Lennon replaced but I can't see anyone out there in our price/salary level who would do a better job. Anyone?

I know where this is heading Trev...and I'd like to see Lennon replaced but I can't see anyone out there in our price/salary level who would do a better job. Anyone?

Martin Jol & Theo Walcott for Defoe and Drogba next Summer? with some Moyes and Yakubu - 5 in 1 game!

reason for edit - can't count proper!

I had 2 mangers and 3 strikers who are 'old'! What on earth am I thinking of! Friday evening!

Edited by trevorg

Martin Jol & Theo Walcott for Defoe and Drogba next Summer? with some Moyes and Yakubu - 5 in 1 game!

reason for edit - can't count proper!

I had 2 mangers and 3 strikers who are 'old'! What on earth am I thinking of! Friday evening!

I don't rate Walcott that highly...no more than Lennon really (well on a good day). Any other offerings are welcome..biggrin.gif

I didn't know! However, footballers players contracts are worth more to the agents and their lawyers....blah blah blah!

I checked - I've ran out of Sangsom - but have a high level cupboard full of top-class spirits - that I'm saving for Christmas! Back to the Singha!unsure.gif

I didn't know! However, footballers players contracts are worth more to the agents and their lawyers....blah blah blah!

I checked - I've ran out of Sangsom - but have a high level cupboard full of top-class spirits - that I'm saving for Christmas! Back to the Singha!unsure.gif

No need for that Trev...I'm bringing a bottle of malt over next week.....all THFC fans are welcome to join me for a wee Bunnahabhain. biggrin.gif

Not very good team news for sunday. King and Bale both doubtful. Two crucial players for this game. Its going to be a tricky one this. This is very much the fixture to beef up the midfield by pairing up Parker and Sandro, certainly if we take the lead. We won't get away with another Craven Cottage scenario.

No need for that Trev...I'm bringing a bottle of malt over next week.....all THFC fans are welcome to join me for a wee Bunnahabhain. biggrin.gif

Is that before or after the Stoke game? i wouldn't want to waste a good malt on anybody (especially not me!!)jap.gif

More nonsense from that berk Mark Lawrenson. He states that whilst Spurs deserve to be where they are in the table its all about how we cope when we have injuries.

Clearly he's forgotten that we've been playing without Dawson, Huddlestone, Sandro, Gallas Kranjcar Corluka to name a few.......

He gets paid to write for the BBC too. :rolleyes: Add to that the punditry of Mr Personality bypass Alan Shearer and that imbecile Gary Neville and there you have it!

More nonsense from that berk Mark Lawrenson. He states that whilst Spurs deserve to be where they are in the table its all about how we cope when we have injuries.

Clearly he's forgotten that we've been playing without Dawson, Huddlestone, Sandro, Gallas Kranjcar Corluka to name a few.......

He gets paid to write for the BBC too. :rolleyes: Add to that the punditry of Mr Personality bypass Alan Shearer and that imbecile Gary Neville and there you have it!

In his recent book 'The Soccer Men' Simon Kuper says that 14 year old Freddy Adu spoke with more articulacy than any player in England that he had interviewed. To some extent footballers are experts at saying nothing - a bit like Harry - it just seems strange that it ends up being a qualification for a job in the media.

Not injury prone and will come in your budget i think.......

old-lady-stretching.jpg

Not injury prone and will come in your budget i think.......

old-lady-stretching.jpg

Ah yes this must be the pic 'Arry has pinned to Defoe's locker....Sandra is knockin' at the door!

I think what, or whom , lawrenson was refering to was adeboy and or parker, theyve made a HUGE diference to us, would we be as good without them? t.b h I think not.

Is that in the same way that Barca wouldn't be as good without their top players, Xavi, Messi or Iniesta? :D

Sorry Rij but Lawrenson might have been a terrific player but he's still an imbecile. Add to that that he doesn't do his homework be it on tv or writing for the BBC website.

Anyway, more importantly i'm worried about tonights game and don't hold smokies confidence. This is a classic example of a game when we nees Ledley playing. If Bales out thats also a big blow because his pace would cause them all sorts of problems. I'd start with VDV for the first half, try to nick a goal and pull him off for the second half and have Parker and Sandro holding midfield. Basically don't do what they did at Fulham where our tactics were horrendous.

If we take three points tonight then i can't see us being beaten for the rest of this year but its going to be a real test and Stoke are playing well.

I think what, or whom , lawrenson was refering to was adeboy and or parker, theyve made a HUGE diference to us, would we be as good without them? t.b h I think not.

Is that in the same way that Barca wouldn't be as good without their top players, Xavi, Messi or Iniesta? :D

Sorry Rij but Lawrenson might have been a terrific player but he's still an imbecile. Add to that that he doesn't do his homework be it on tv or writing for the BBC website.

Anyway, more importantly i'm worried about tonights game and don't hold smokies confidence. This is a classic example of a game when we nees Ledley playing. If Bales out thats also a big blow because his pace would cause them all sorts of problems. I'd start with VDV for the first half, try to nick a goal and pull him off for the second half and have Parker and Sandro holding midfield. Basically don't do what they did at Fulham where our tactics were horrendous.

If we take three points tonight then i can't see us being beaten for the rest of this year but its going to be a real test and Stoke are playing well.

Who would you start with on the left?

Honestly I can see whoever comes in playing well such is the competition to get a game now. We'll create chances but I'm praying Bale is fit...his contribution has been fantastic this season.

I was pondering why those on the Spurs thread generally thought that their club's play was about the most 'attractive' in the League. Now the term 'attractive' is quite difficult to deal with (best avoided actually) because inherently it is totally 'subjective' and more normally it is often confused with 'achievement'.

By that I mean that Spurs supporters would generally agree that Spurs play is 'attractive' when it is 'effective' and they are winning - when they win Spurs fans enjoy watching their team more. It is a bit like going out to pick up girls and a guy says his chick is the most 'attractive' when actually what he means is that she is horny and he is definitely going to get laid. When I say it is 'subjective' I mean 'attractiveness' means different things to different people - so it could be simply a statement that his chick has the 'biggest tits'.

My guess is that Spurs fall into the she's 'attractive' meaning 'ok, she maybe a dog but at least I am going to get laid' kind of attractiveness. No problem with that on the basis that what is the point of having the cutest chick if you are not going to 'score'. By that I mean in the world of football whereby 'attractiveness' is often defined by 'tika-taka' short passes and possession Spurs score remarkably badly. In fact the club with the 'most long passes per game' in the entire league is Spurs (ahead of Norwich) while the clubs with the fewest long passes per game are Arsenal and Man City. Then if you look at the number of short passes in the game, Arsenal and Man City, come out on top and although Spurs doesnt do too badly (coming 7th), they are bottom of the top 6 (plus Swansea.)

Last season i would have put villa amongst those top players for barca , but this season he's not in the team and are barca still doing the bus? yes. In the first 2 games is season we were hammereed, whose made the difference adeboy and parker, sori those two players have turned us a round from a possible top 4 team to a probable.And take them out would we continue to prosper as weve been doin recently, 4 me its a No, but he ho. Agree we could use ledley, woodgate would have come in handy as wellcool.gif

Game of two halves... Stoke best team first half, Spurs best team second half..

Exhausting to watch that was, had the lot including elbows whistling.gif

Yet another Ref who hasn't a clue!

Right on the button regards the ref. We were poor both halves for me...a lack of cohesion there today playing away from home. Could argue we were unlucky but they took their chances as they were and stuck to the game plan.

Onwards and upwards now.

Had to end sometime i suppose and this was the obvious banana skin although i didn't realise the ref would be so shockingly bad. Add the linesman to that aswell. I hope they are both demoted next week.

No concerns really. Were obviously a better team than Utd and the other chasing pack. Just a case of getting Ledley back and we're fine. Roll on next week.

How long before jimbo bites? :)