Tottenham Thread

chonabot

yeah a wembley appearance would be nice and the liverpool utd draw hasn't done our prospects any harm, sorry red but and as much as I dislike liverpool a pool victory would do us a favour..but lets not get carried a way with ourselves, i was at wembley to watch, arguably, our last great team, walk into a cert victory against lowly Coventry, and we know how that panned out, personally I blame pleat for that, but thats another story. And Sandro, 3 months thats a major blow, the boy was turning in some top draw performances, mind u for a calf injury he did go down with a bang, lets hope huddlestone is well on the way bac, and as for King no big shock, I'm more surprised that we got as many games out of him as we did,. Sorry folks as much as i rate him isnt it time we got rid? trouble is he's such a frigging class act. james collins the ans? http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/886729-james-collins-eyed-by-spurs-as-alternative-to-chris-samba#ixzz1isTwHGsW Over to you Ari boy.

yeah a wembley appearance would be nice and the liverpool utd draw hasn't done our prospects any harm, sorry red but and as much as I dislike liverpool a pool victory would do us a favour..but lets not get carried a way with ourselves, i was at wembley to watch, arguably, our last great team, walk into a cert victory against lowly Coventry, and we know how that panned out, personally I blame pleat for that, but thats another story. And Sandro, 3 months thats a major blow, the boy was turning in some top draw performances, mind u for a calf injury he did go down with a bang, lets hope huddlestone is well on the way bac, and as for King no big shock, I'm more surprised that we got as many games out of him as we did,. Sorry folks as much as i rate him isnt it time we got rid? trouble is he's such a frigging class act. james collins the ans? http://www.metro.co....a#ixzz1isTwHGsW Over to you Ari boy.

It is a major blow but its not as if we're the only ones to suffer major injuries. Liverpool losing Lucas was equally bad for them and they don't have the depth in squad we do. It makes the Parker knee injury status massively important. Huddlestone is training now but he needs time to get up the match speed. Jake Livermore is a great prospect but not ready to hold our midfield.

I do for once agree with Harry about King. He's such a class act if we can get 20 games out of him its worth it. We'll be getting Steven Caulker back for next season don't forget and he's looking a really good prospect.

I hope we have a good run in the cup. Its definately winable and useful match practice for sgaud players like Krancjar, Pienaar, Pav and Giovanni. although it really looks like he's off

Injury crisis on the Spuds thread,whatever next a transition period?......lets hope United beat Liverpoo and then draw you at the lane.

Now that would be a good fix from the FA wouldn't it. jap.gif

Injury crisis on the Spuds thread,whatever next a transition period?......lets hope United beat Liverpoo and then draw you at the lane.

Now that would be a good fix from the FA wouldn't it. jap.gif

No injury crisis on the spurs thread red, me, smokes and carmine are all as fit as a fiddle as you can tell by our non-stop post's, seems like the man u thread has been carrying a few injuries though 3.gif

Transition period39.gif we've been in one of them for the last 50 years, though we don't like to use it as an excuse 4.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Yeah, I know what your saying but liverpool have had time to regroup recover and move on, dont think our champs league aspiration we will be blessed with the same, can u see any off our injured boys slotting into sandros position? I really cant, if and when hudlestones MATCH fit he looks the most likely, lets just hope his 'weight issues' have been managed by the club and we can get him up and running asap. And as for bassong smok's he's looked steady enuf when he's played this season, we wedged out largish for the boy and he really aint cum up to scratch yet, at 25 it could be argued that as a centre half his best years are ahead of him, , what 2 do ? wait for him to come thru? havnt seen anything thats shown me he can step up so over to ari boy, but on balance i'de go with the smoke's,

Yeah, I know what your saying but liverpool have had time to regroup recover and move on, dont think our champs league aspiration we will be blessed with the same, can u see any off our injured boys slotting into sandros position? I really cant, if and when hudlestones MATCH fit he looks the most likely, lets just hope his 'weight issues' have been managed by the club and we can get him up and running asap. And as for bassong smok's he's looked steady enuf when he's played this season, we wedged out largish for the boy and he really aint cum up to scratch yet, at 25 it could be argued that as a centre half his best years are ahead of him, , what 2 do ? wait for him to come thru? havnt seen anything thats shown me he can step up so over to ari boy, but on balance i'de go with the smoke's,

I'm hoping that QPR still want Bassong for 8m. I'm wondering if Colin's departure might affect matters?

Yes we desperately need Huddlestone back. We also need Parker tomorrow night against Everton. This lack of cover in the holding role is threatening to leave us wide open.

Its crucial that we go into the City game with two home wins under our belt.

I'm hoping that QPR still want Bassong for 8m. I'm wondering if Colin's departure might affect matters?

Yes we desperately need Huddlestone back. We also need Parker tomorrow night against Everton. This lack of cover in the holding role is threatening to leave us wide open.

In terms of longer term we need a new defender. They are out there so its just a question of when not if. I'd say the time is now.

In terms of longer term we need a new defender. They are out there so its just a question of when not if. I'd say the time is now.

What position are you talking about? If you are talking center back it'll be Chris Samba although i don't think he'll like the prospect on sitting on the bench. Is he necessarily any better than Dawson or Kaboul? I'd say not. Alex would be great but he wants to go back to Brazil.

I still say the focus should be on a striker and a lonterm replacement for Modric. Preferably someone who knows where the goal is.

Funds could be generated with the sale of Giovanni, Pavlyuchenko, Bassong, and Gomes. I'm delighted that Krancjar wants to stay. He's been a true professional the way he's handled having to warm the bench and its a great shame that a certain fellow countryman isn't that like minded.

Gallas and King need replacing with a younger central defender. I think we should try to buy one now while there are players available. Bassong and Pav out and a striker brought in.

As I've said before Modric can be as unhappy as he likes as long as he keeps playing well. That's one to look at in the summer.

Gallas and King need replacing with a younger central defender. I think we should try to buy one now while there are players available. Bassong and Pav out and a striker brought in.

As I've said before Modric can be as unhappy as he likes as long as he keeps playing well. That's one to look at in the summer.

Cahill is there for the taking..

It looks like he's heading to West London to replace the muppet captain. We tried that last summer and his wage demands are ludicrious. Those fools will happily pay it though. He's been average anyway this season.

It looks like he's heading to West London to replace the muppet captain. We tried that last summer and his wage demands are ludicrious. Those fools will happily pay it though. He's been average anyway this season.

Why is the muppet captain going somewhere?

Why is the muppet captain going somewhere?

He's being elevated to the bench. biggrin.png

they'll play Terry alongside Cahill probably.

they'll play Terry alongside Cahill probably.

Darn, kinda hoping they would keep playing Luiz - pure entertainment that guy is!

Looks like Parker is out of tonights game so i'd hazard a guess we'll have a midfield of Modric, Bale, Lennon and Livermore. Not ideal but not bad either. Dawson and Kaboul center backs and a 4-4-1-1 formation.

Edited by carmine

If Livermore starts he's got to grab his opportunity.

Don't know about grabbing the oppotunity. He's very much 3rd choice, and he's just signed a new contract. What we really want here is for him to become a genuine back up to Parker as Sandro is out for possibly the season. If he improves the way Kaboul has its a vital bonus for us. He seems to have a really good temperment and doesn't ponce around on the floor like most modern day footballers. I expect Parker to play at the weekend but eitherway he's going to need breaks between now and the end of the season. Definately an oppotunity for Livermore to prove how good he is which i think is what you are saying.

Don't know about grabbing the oppotunity. He's very much 3rd choice, and he's just signed a new contract. What we really want here is for him to become a genuine back up to Parker as Sandro is out for possibly the season. If he improves the way Kaboul has its a vital bonus for us. He seems to have a really good temperment and doesn't ponce around on the floor like most modern day footballers. I expect Parker to play at the weekend but eitherway he's going to need breaks between now and the end of the season. Definately an oppotunity for Livermore to prove how good he is which i think is what you are saying.

His future doesn't hinge on one game but with Hudd likely coming back soon as well his chances may be limited so he needs to be ready when they arise.

His future doesn't hinge on one game but with Hudd likely coming back soon as well his chances may be limited so he needs to be ready when they arise.

True enough but i just can't see a situation where he'll be chosen over Huddlestone. I doubt you can either. wink.png

True enough but i just can't see a situation where he'll be chosen over Huddlestone. I doubt you can either. wink.png

Would have said the same about Kaboul and Dawson not so long ago. If he's going to play he's got to work hard for it.

A good thing I think....

Thought we played very well tonight. Contained Everton when they came forward and what about the goal from BAE?

Well done Livermore...he is proving his worth. Adebayor and VDV did well an all.....hard to single anyone out really as they all played well.

No more "We got a game in hand"......smile.png

Seems like Harry and carmine finally agreed on team selection!ohmy.png

Stroll in the park that one. Everton didn't have a single shot on target. Another solid performance at the weekend and bring on City. Do any of you get the feeling we might be playing them at just the right time? wink.png

I've just turned all giddy with excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Lawrenson stated yesterday that Spurs have no chance whatsoever of winning the league. Does this mean we should clear out our savings accounts and rush to the bookies and stick it on Spurs at 9/1 i hear you say?

Well, when a complete helmet like Lawro (as usual getting his arse kicked in the BBC predictions league as usual) comes out with something like that you know we're in with a hell of a chance. it should also fill the players we huge self belief. Thankyou Lawro, you're the best. The Bollingers on ice.

Mark Lawrenson stated yesterday that Spurs have no chance whatsoever of winning the league. Does this mean we should clear out our savings accounts and rush to the bookies and stick it on Spurs at 9/1 i hear you say?

Well, when a complete helmet like Lawro (as usual getting his arse kicked in the BBC predictions league as usual) comes out with something like that you know we're in with a hell of a chance. it should also fill the players we huge self belief. Thankyou Lawro, you're the best. The Bollingers on ice.

We can win it...with a bit of help from Daniel. Come on mate....now's the time to get the striker in before next weekend!

We can win it...with a bit of help from Daniel. Come on mate....now's the time to get the striker in before next weekend!

Yes we most definately can win it. I'm satisfied in my own mind we're a better side than Man Utd. However City are strong with huge squad depth despite Mancini's belly aching about needing to spend this month. Basically, i think we have to beat them next week. It puts them under pressure as they are favourites to win the league. No one gives us an earthly so we just keep under the radar.

Edited by carmine