Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Well that was a very tough game, we seemed to be battling against the tide , nothing seemed to flow or to come easily

I know i keep on about it but please can anyone explain what the fuc van der vart is doing taking the corners and free kics A/ he aint very good at them and b/ he's v good at gettin on the end of x's aka the goal and general 'titbits' that fall in the box, remember the early days of him and crouch, ok bale hit the bar but despite the ammount of possesiion we had we, proportionatly we never really put bergovic under enuf pressure. we looked more comfortable when Dossy boy came on he gave us a bit more width and balanced our attacking play out.

We dont look the same with adeboy missing saha tries but he aint as mobile or as aggressive. Still that , the evening could have been worse chelsea and thearse wipes could have won. but bottom line if we want to be in the champs league we should be taking three points of teams like stoke esp when they aint in the best of form.

You must be talking about Liverpool then (or did you forget to insert a 'both', or is this some other reality you inhabit?)biggrin.png .

Just when we thought it wasn't safe to go back in the water Chelsea put in another poor League peformance. Keep the spirits up - we're relying on you to put the final nail in their coffin and do all of North London a favour. A draw would be perfect for us, but we can't keep having these miracle result days for the rest of the season.

I'd still give you half the places (maybe even 6) in that mythical combined Arsenal/Spurs side that emerged to torment Gooners in the run up to the last derby.

Or rather Robin Van Persie is the player of the season, won most of your games single handedly and has stayed fit otherwise you'd be mid table fodder

I thought you said 'I like to think we are realists on this thread'. No ifs and buts and by the way we sqeaked over you on goal difference last night n'allcoffee1.gif

Remember santi were coming up to the annual Arsenal end of season implosion. giggle.gif

i like to think we are not in delusion on thgis thread, that we deal in realities. the realities are we are poor at the moment and the way things are we won't qualify for the champions league. For all the possession and territorial advantage we offered little or nothing in the crucial final third. We just finished a must win game lucky to get a point.

Redknapp switches straight back to 4-4-2 2nd half. Puts VDV out on the right. Why doesn't Bale stay wide and do what he does best? Redknapp looked clueless. Joe Jordan as usual just stands on the touchline shouting. i did like the introduction of Giovanni Dos Santos. We should be using him a lot more.

This seems like a completely different side from four weeks ago and it also looks like their confidence is well on the wain.

We now have a very big game next saturday. If he doesn't start with Parker and Sandro i hope someone nuts him

We need Adebayor back in the team. Lennon as well. Without those two we are out of shape and can't score goals.

There's some reality for you.

i like to think we are not in delusion on thgis thread, that we deal in realities. the realities are we are poor at the moment and the way things are we won't qualify for the champions league. For all the possession and territorial advantage we offered little or nothing in the crucial final third. We just finished a must win game lucky to get a point.

Redknapp switches straight back to 4-4-2 2nd half. Puts VDV out on the right. Why doesn't Bale stay wide and do what he does best? Redknapp looked clueless. Joe Jordan as usual just stands on the touchline shouting. i did like the introduction of Giovanni Dos Santos. We should be using him a lot more.

This seems like a completely different side from four weeks ago and it also looks like their confidence is well on the wain.

We now have a very big game next saturday. If he doesn't start with Parker and Sandro i hope someone nuts him

We need Adebayor back in the team. Lennon as well. Without those two we are out of shape and can't score goals.

Adebayor should be back for saturdays game but not lennon. About time Dos Santos was given a chance because theres no doubt he can play.

Adebayor should be back for saturdays game but not lennon. About time Dos Santos was given a chance because theres no doubt he can play.

I'm just glad I missed that last might. annoyed.gif

I'm just glad I missed that last might. annoyed.gif

It wasn't pretty believe me. Every games a worry now because harry seems to be trying to make a point to Bernstein and Co that he is infact a tactical genius.

The correct team and set up for this weekend is obvious but what will he do? ph34r.png

Edited by carmine

So you'd play Das Santos wide right against Chelski?

Well i wouldn't play Van Der Vaart because he's lost on the right side. Kranjcar is too slow.

what wrong with 4-2-3-1 with Parker and Sandro holding Modders central and Bale out wide left where he's at his best. Adebayor will cause Luiz, Cahill or Terry loads of problems

Chelsea use Drogba as a battering ram and you need someone like Sandro who has speed and physical presence. Its a big derby, Chelsea players regard it as their biggest derby and they'll up their game. We need both those two in midfield and if so i think we can win like we should have done last season bar a crap referee and no video technology.

So you'd play Das Santos wide right against Chelski?

Well i wouldn't play Van Der Vaart because he's lost on the right side. Kranjcar is too slow.

what wrong with 4-2-3-1 with Parker and Sandro holding Modders central and Bale out wide left where he's at his best. Adebayor will cause Luiz, Cahill or Terry loads of problems

Chelsea use Drogba as a battering ram and you need someone like Sandro who has speed and physical presence. Its a big derby, Chelsea players regard it as their biggest derby and they'll up their game. We need both those two in midfield and if so i think we can win like we should have done last season bar a crap referee and no video technology.

I like that idea...with Bale free to switch sides and VDV available to come off the bench and shake it up a bit if needed.

shouldnt you guys be writing all this to your manager?

huh.png

I gather you didn't follow his court case! By his own admission he's an imbecile technophobe and he can't read or write but had a lovely dog called Rosie thats pegged it.

I have told that the section behind the dugout has been very vocal in recent games with regards Harry's preoccupation with 4-4-2.

lol even if i had followed the case i wouldnt admit it whistling.gif

and followed would be a bit over the top, considering the sort of depth of info some of you guys go into

I dont even know if our team has any pet..chances of me caring about Harry's dog?

i vaguely remember him having a son though whistling.gif

PS. ohhhh tape the suggestions, and send it to him. make sure you record and produce in the simplest output - one that can be used on the easiest device..where he only needs to press one button for it to play :)

and followed would be a bit over the top, considering the sort of depth of info some of you guys go into

I dont even know if our team has any pet..chances of me caring about Harry's dog?

PS. ohhhh tape the suggestions, and send it to him. make sure you record and produce in the simplest output - one that can be used on the easiest device..where he only needs to press one button for it to play smile.png

Has Van Persie signed for Barcelona yet?

His son, who incidentally spent almost his entire professional football career injured works for Sky and wears the tightest ball crushing trousers known to man. he earns a living making frequent ill informed football related comments on Sky Sports whilst giving his old man the odd plug. Family Redknapp nepotism.

i would add migsy that if he wore those tight fitting trousers socially during his playing days then i'm not surprised he was permanently in sick bay.

Edited by carmine

His son, who incidentally spent almost his entire professional football career injured works for Sky and wears the tightest ball crushing trousers known to man. he earns a living making frequent ill informed football related comments on Sky Sports whilst giving his old man the odd plug. Family Redknapp nepotism.

i would add migsy that if he wore those tight fitting trousers socially during his playing days then i'm not surprised he was permanently in sick bay.

You can't say things like that here carms. Save those comments for the scousers! biggrin.png

You can't say things like that here carms. Save those comments for the scousers! biggrin.png

Well i do know the croutch region of his trousers were referred to as an Italien tailor made prison! shock1.gif

Honestly though it is shameful at times when you hear him refer to the "Spurs management" making another shrewd tactical decision!

Remember santi were coming up to the annual Arsenal end of season implosion. giggle.gif

$hit yes - I'd forgotten about that in all the euphoria. Gory details - see Arsenal thread in a few mins.

How can a manager with such an appalling end of season record still be in post? Beats me.

$hit yes - I'd forgotten about that in all the euphoria. Gory details - see Arsenal thread in a few mins.

How can a manager with such an appalling end of season record still be in post? Beats me.

Incidentally, how many of the top 6 do you still have to play? And also, the bottom 3, that will stick ten men behind the ball?

Incidentally, how many of the top 6 do you still have to play? And also, the bottom 3, that will stick ten men behind the ball?

There can be no excuses. A fairly favourable run in. Chelsea and Man City, but both at home. Wolves and QPR away Wigan at home plus 4 mid tablers. The two I worry about are the next game - because I always worry about the next game, even though it's only Villa at home (which we lost last year at roughly this time!) and Stoke away. One of those bottom three will no doubt do for us but we just need 19 points from 27 to be sure of a CL spot. Unlike most Gooners I'm more concerned to secure that: finishing above Spurs would be a nice bonus but I'd still rather see you put Chelsea further back even if it launches your rennaissance.

You're giving us the dilemma of who we want to see alongside us in the CL?

Hmmm....us to beat Chelski and we will both be at least two games clear of them. With better GD.

Near cut and dried hopefully on Saturday.

Haha near cut and dry? had a quick read through this thread, talk about daydreamers! you won't be us Saturday, things have come off the rails big time and you are crumbling under the pressure, just managed to nick a draw against Stoke last night...looks like your heading back to Thursday night channel 5 tv haha

Hmmm....us to beat Chelski and we will both be at least two games clear of them. With better GD.

Haha near cut and dry? had a quick read through this thread, talk about daydreamers! you won't be us Saturday, things have come off the rails big time and you are crumbling under the pressure, just managed to nick a draw against Stoke last night...looks like your heading back to Thursday night channel 5 tv haha

Well well...look what's finally crawled out from under his rock!

Keep it warm Seapok cos you'll be back there on Saturday....we have Adeboy back for that one and he'll be hungry to knock a few past your sorry lot...

I have to agree,Spurs always seem to throw it away,as my old man always said they came down with the Xmas trimmings.

I have to agree,Spurs always seem to throw it away,as my old man always said they came down with the Xmas trimmings.

I see you lot are still refusing to participate in the Lower League Thread. passifier.gif

I see you lot are still refusing to participate in the Lower League Thread. passifier.gif

Does one have to follow a premiere league team to participate here,if so that seems like discrimination to me.

I have a special place in my heart for Spurs,I like to see them get beat,considering half of our team have defected to them as well as past players like the manager.

Does one have to follow a premiere league team to participate here,if so that seems like discrimination to me.

I have a special place in my heart for Spurs,I like to see them get beat,considering half of our team have defected to them as well as past players like the manager.

Of course not stoneyboy, but its strange to note I've posted more on there regarding your side than all of you combined.

Its an interesting close to the Championship as well...and I look forward to seeing you all in the playoffs!

Of course not stoneyboy, but its strange to note I've posted more on there regarding your side than all of you combined.

Its an interesting close to the Championship as well...and I look forward to seeing you all in the playoffs!

It does not stimulate me like the prem league and we are only going through the motions and will be back up next season,that's why I don't contribute to hammers thread at present,plus the fact that I don't have championship coverage at my home in Thailand.

Now I am back in the UK working I will take more interest of course,I may even put in an appearance at the Boleyn sometime soon.

With regard to Spurs though I genuinely feel if they are not careful they will miss out on the champions league spot.

It does not stimulate me like the prem league and we are only going through the motions and will be back up next season,that's why I don't contribute to hammers thread at present,plus the fact that I don't have championship coverage at my home in Thailand.

Now I am back in the UK working I will take more interest of course,I may even put in an appearance at the Boleyn sometime soon.

With regard to Spurs though I genuinely feel if they are not careful they will miss out on the champions league spot.

We're praying we find some form on Saturday or its going to be a long couple of months....

You are in a similar situation as well....which at least offers us some light relief...biggrin.png

BTW I am looking out for the first sympathy vote for Harry in the press. The '''Why Harry is still the right man for the England job even if Spurs dont qualify for the CL" piece. Why? I have absolutely no idea. But if you lose to Chelski I am sure some bright spark will tell us.

We're praying we find some form on Saturday or its going to be a long couple of months....

You are in a similar situation as well....which at least offers us some light relief...biggrin.png

Lets just put this form business into perspective. we outplayed everton and should have won. We probably would have beaten bolton bar the aweful events that took place. we controlled large parts of the game against Man Utd and the scoreline was no reflection of the game. yes we were poor against stoke but its not about poor form as much as an unbalanced poorly selected team being put out.

Thats my concern. Not the form of the players.