Tottenham Thread

chonabot

So Dempsey and Lloris our last min dot com signings, IMO we actually needed a striker, but vb says were gonna run with 2 striker?, so what would you class dempsey as ? primarily, a striker that can play as midfielder or primarily a midfielder that can play as striker, whatever, lets hope we can use his flexibilty effectively And lets hope he does a better job than the last,baring dembeli, highly rated player we bought from fulham, Melbranque And now we've let kane go on loan, wonder who vb's going to use as the development striker? Lloris arriving,and for a big enuf chunk of money So As Current french international fingers x'd he should be the finished article reckon he'll take the shirt over freda? If so we'll have gomes , cuddaccine and freda fighting for the bench ?spot? seems a touch extravagant, do we call that strength in depth or deadwood?, I presume we'll be looking to loan one if not 2 of them out.

So Dempsey and Lloris our last min dot com signings, IMO we actually needed a striker, but vb says were gonna run with 2 striker?, so what would you class dempsey as ? primarily, a striker that can play as midfielder or primarily a midfielder that can play as striker, whatever, lets hope we can use his flexibilty effectively And lets hope he does a better job than the last,baring dembeli, highly rated player we bought from fulham, Melbranque And now we've let kane go on loan, wonder who vb's going to use as the development striker? Lloris arriving,and for a big enuf chunk of money So As Current french international fingers x'd he should be the finished article reckon he'll take the shirt over freda? If so we'll have gomes , cuddaccine and freda fighting for the bench ?spot? seems a touch extravagant, do we call that strength in depth or deadwood?, I presume we'll be looking to loan one if not 2 of them out.

As you've already been told, Lloris has been with his new twamates for the past four days. Are you seriously suggesting that he could be on the bech as understudy to Brad?! Ofcourse we won't be keeping Cudicini, Friedal and Gomes!

Dempsey is an attacking mid that can be used as a striker.

<snip>

Edited by soundman
Continued from above.

Looks like Levy has fuc_ked it again by not buying Moutunho 102.gifseems like he was the one player AVB wanted, now we are short of def mid players.

Apparently they couldnt agree terms with the player, surely that would have been done earlier in the week and it looks like Moutinho wasn't anywhere near coming to England last night as he was with the Porto team preparing for todays game.

Only really see a slight improvement on last years team !

If we had bought him i would have been actually dancing today but now i'm just me normal grumpy self !

Still i suppose things could be worst and we could be in Liverpools predicament 4.gif

• Like 1

Looks like Levy has fuc_ked it again by not buying Moutunho 102.gifseems like he was the one player AVB wanted, now we are short of def mid players.

Apparently they couldnt agree terms with the player, surely that would have been done earlier in the week and it looks like Moutinho wasn't anywhere near coming to England last night as he was with the Porto team preparing for todays game.

Only really see a slight improvement on last years team !

If we had bought him i would have been actually dancing today but now i'm just me normal grumpy self !

Still i suppose things could be worst and we could be in Liverpools predicament 4.gif

On paper there is an improvement but its marginal i suppose. On the other hand, how greater improvement can only be judged on how Dembele does. He does have the potential to be a terrific signing. Lloris, Verthonghen are clear improvements. Dempsey is an improvement on Saha. Siggy is not an improvement on VDV but he'll offer more game time and is a decent player.

Having Caulker back is like having a new player but undoubtedly the iceing on the cake we missed out on. As we did with Sahin unless we learn more about the loan deal.

Levy has managed an improvement in the squad and has trimmed the wage bill nicely aswell.

Whats Kane like? has he played much 1st team for Spurs? I guess he wont play for us tomorrow anyway.

Should be a good open game, Norwich found there feet last week after the opening day thrashing, our player to watch is Robert Snodgrass, very old fashioned winger.

Kanes not ready yet. needs atleast another season on loan.

Good to see Carms call on Lloris was correct, not too sure if Rij's calls were as good ?

What calls were they than smokey? and dont shit stir,, and agree with carmines summary of the transfer window, although king ended his time at spurs on a 'slight down' 4 me verity still has a away to go b4 he can be deemed an improvement on king. and not so sure bout the lowering of our wage bill though it would be nice , but at the mo tbh i think we can only really guess.at that

Ps admittedly it was only for a v v short time but that king and woodgate partnership was up amongst the best i've EVER seen in the prem. What a shame it never lasted longer.

Edited by rijit

Good to see Carms call on Lloris was correct, not too sure if Rij's calls were as good ?

What calls were they than smokey?

Exactly Rij, you don't make any calls, but your quick to have a pop at anyone who does and coming out with a comments such as

Thats enuf of youre sauce, comin on here, crushing fellow spurs fans dreams!!!!.giggle.gif

makes me wonder if you really are a Spurs supporter, but there again taking into account where you come from perhaps you are'nt a real Spurs Supporter 22.gif

Footnote : re comment above " fellow spurs fans dreams " why not worded as "our dreams" 39.gif

Edited by alfieconn

What calls were they than smokey?

Exactly Rij, you don't make any calls, but your quick to have a pop at anyone who does and coming out with a comments such as

Thats enuf of youre sauce, comin on here, crushing fellow spurs fans dreams!!!!.giggle.gif

makes me wonder if you really are a Spurs supporter, but there again taking into account where you come from perhaps you are'nt a real Spurs Supporter 22.gif

Footnote : re comment above " fellow spurs fans dreams " why not worded as "our dreams" 39.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

[removed flame - miggie]

how about a Seapok esq match report then lads ?

you know at the end of last season i was going to say be careful what you wish for after you got rid of old Harry, but i thought id let it run and see how things went. biggrin.png

you know, between Levy and AVB i reckon they could run a bagel shop in Stamford hill into the ground ! laugh.png

Thought Norwich were unlucky 2 day and freda had to be at his best keep us in the game, defensively we seemed fragile and never seemed confident when the high balls came in, I thought verity was particularly poor. . Oh and the red on huddlestone, first off thought it was bang on, but on a relook, maybe harsh?. Plus's? dembeli scoring on his debut. So things not exactly looking good from vb, but in fairness it's early doors. But tbh cant really see any of the players we've signed changing things dramatically.

That's enough for now you 'orrible lot. Three games in and only one defeat....granted AVB is yet to have a win but it will come soon. Piss off pikeys!

COYS!

Thought there was enuf effort today from the players but Did you think the way we were set up suited us? and we played well then smokes

how about a Seapok esq match report then lads ?

you know at the end of last season i was going to say be careful what you wish for after you got rid of old Harry, but i thought id let it run and see how things went. biggrin.png

you know, between Levy and AVB i reckon they could run a bagel shop in Stamford hill into the ground ! laugh.png

I'm still watching your goals for average flatfish....rolleyes.gif

That's enough for now you 'orrible lot. Three games in and only one defeat....granted AVB is yet to have a win but it will come soon. Piss off pikeys!

COYS!

Thought there was enuf effort today from the players but Did you think the way we were set up suited us? and we played well then smokes

Was busy working today rij...I'll watch it later.

I wanted AVB for Liverpool......I think he's ahead of his time.......however I think he needs compliant players......and that's not easy to find in British football.

The way we are playing has changed a bit...but really we need Parker back at the moment to shore things up and bring some experience into the midfield.

To be honest, as a gooner I really don't care what you guys do on here, and prefer not to step across the border lol

And I couldn't care less you guys calling each other whatever names :whistling:

But....... (puts serious mods face on...if she has one)..... let's tone it down a bit guys. I've edited one post