Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I would take a 50 year old Klinsmann rather than the current pair.

Benteke would be great....Villa will be good.

A hungry young striker is the way forward....perhaps Michu is rhe answer?

I thought he rather got found out in the latter half of the season.

Think you might well have a point there. He was very much quieter for most of the second half of the season.

In fairness2nfd half of the season he was continially picking up niggly Injuries and from what i saw never quite got his rythm bac, plus it dont take defenders long to suss a new boy out and whilst he's a good enuf footballer with a decent enough toucjh and all round reasonable skill set, imo he aint quite got pace or the power to qualify or as top draw striker . and @ 20 plus better could probably be done. but thats just my opinion

Time to click on google lads. This 17 year old that we have just signed is something rather special. Alen Halilovic. Already has a senior cap for Croatia. Looks like Baldini's work but he must be special because we've forked out a lot for this kid. He looks very, very good

• Like 1

Time to click on google lads.  This 17 year old that we have just signed is something rather special.  Alen Halilovic.  Already has a senior cap for Croatia.  Looks like Baldini's work but he must be special because we've forked out a lot for this kid.  He looks very, very good

Yep looks an outstanding prospect.

Interezted to note Besitkas sniffinv about for Adebayor.

Sell him if the price is half decent!

Time to click on google lads. This 17 year old that we have just signed is something rather special. Alen Halilovic. Already has a senior cap for Croatia. Looks like Baldini's work but he must be special because we've forked out a lot for this kid. He looks very, very good

Yep looks an outstanding prospect.

Interezted to note Besitkas sniffinv about for Adebayor.

Sell him if the price is half decent!

I'd offer them money to take him.

thumbsup.gif

Someone told me, and i cant verify his connections, but gave the impression he had 'connections' within the club, reckons the adeboys deals virtually done , just down to sorting wages out he reckoned it was to turkey, but he was not specific,and tbh i dont know him well enough to trust or 2 push to verify. SAying all of that i just hope were not gonna run with 2 strikers AGAIN.

PAULINHO DEAL AS GOOD as DONE

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8801483/Transfer-news-Paulinho-confirms-he-is-leaving-Corinthians-to-join-Tottenham

havnt seen the boy play so fingers x'd

and on the other bit of business our newbie director is doing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIrheNXlZ-o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OnEV_P8DgU

well IMO this is a HUGE call 17ish mil on 2 teen's, with barely 30 senior games between them, both have footballing families so should be well disciplined and by looking at those vids the midfielders a step above what they've been used to playing against, which tbh looked pretty piss poor ,

still!!!! nothing like going softly softly. lets hope they do better than some of the other highly rated teenagers we've bought.

And all gone quite on the damio front, he wasn't on the bench for the last few confederation cup games . injured ? or what anyone.

Edited by rijit

Playing alongside Sandro, Paulinho, Bale and Lennon any striker is going to get loads of scoring opportunities.

I hope that is enough to attract a couple of top goalscorers....oh and a better wage structure...

• Like 1

Playing alongside Sandro, Paulinho, Bale and Lennon any striker is going to get loads of scoring opportunities.

I hope that is enough to attract a couple of top goalscorers....oh and a better wage structure...

We currently lie 6th in the premier league list of wage structures. I don't think we can expect the club to push higher until until we start getting new stadium revenues.

With the two young croats, be they ones for the future, the Paulinho signing its starting to shape up very nicely. I'm happy we Villa as lond as we can secure another younger striker, possible Lamella or Soldado, hopefully Bentekewink.png , who knows.

Defoe might not want to stay as 3rd choice because i think he's under the false assumption he's good but he's under contract and we can sell him on next summer

You haven't signed him yet carms.

Thanks for that. This must be a worldwide exclusive because he seems to think he's a Spurs player bar his medical results. i stand corrected, Paulinho's a liar

You sound a bit jealous Ed. Would this be because Utd are sooooo desperate for a midfielder.wink.png

Thanks for that. This must be a worldwide exclusive because he seems to think he's a Spurs player bar his medical results. i stand corrected, Paulinho's a liar

You sound a bit jealous Ed. Would this be because Utd are sooooo desperate for a midfielder.wink.png

No no they're not carms, they have Cleverly laugh.png

No no they're not carms, they have Cleverly laugh.png

cheesy.gif Looks like they'll be bringing Paul Scholes out of retirement again!

Just picked this up regarding players earmarked to depart WHL.... Something I have not seen before.

Quote//

Tottenham are already in talks with three clubs, including Sunderland, regarding the £5m sale of midfielder Tom Huddlestone while Scott Parker, Emmanuel Adebayor, Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Jermain Defoe and Clint Dempsey are also available should Spurs receive an acceptable offer.

Goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes, who spent the second half of the season on loan at German club Hoffenheim, will also go while midfielder Jake Livermore will be sent out on loan.//

The article also claims Paulinho, Villa and +3 others arriving at WHL. It also suggests the two new Croatians will remain in Croatia on loan this season.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/andre-villasboas-to-clear-the-decks-at-spurs-as-he-makes-way-for-five-big-stars-8681514.html

qpr have got their eyes on parker . now there's a surprise!!!!, and we've valued him @ 2 mil, sounds cheap to me .

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/03/scott-parker-tottenham-qpr

At his age a good price. Sadly he's not quick enough to fit into AVB's style of play now.

yeah maybe smokes, but we had a good couple of years out of him though. could still do a job if needed for us though, if he was just told to sit

bit like makalaleye did at chelsea, , he hardly ever x'd the half way line and was doubly effective , parkers got quick enuf feet to do the same , but as you say dont think that's the way vb sees/wants things to go.

qpr have got their eyes on parker . now there's a surprise!!!!, and we've valued him @ 2 mil, sounds cheap to me .

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/03/scott-parker-tottenham-qpr

At his age a good price. Sadly he's not quick enough to fit into AVB's style of play now.

yeah maybe smokes, but we had a good couple of years out of him though. could still do a job if needed for us though, if he was just told to sit

bit like makalaleye did at chelsea, , he hardly ever x'd the half way line and was doubly effective , parkers got quick enuf feet to do the same , but as you say dont think that's the way vb sees/wants things to go.

Parker has been a real legend. I'll miss him, andvso will the changing room; his leadership and example has inspired the team greatly at times of most need. That said I agree time to move on. He has a gr8 chance at QPR. Good for Harry if he gets him!

• Like 1

Be fair lads.....Giggs has signed his new six year contract. biggrin.png

yeah, seems the world knows utd needs midfielder, so what does moyes go out and try to sign first ? A LEFT BACK clap2.gif

Probably the best in the EPL, makes sense to get him if they can,,,,,,there are midfielders at the right price.

This guy is a midfielder smile.png

170921836-e1372929206149.jpg?w=650&h=963

Yes very good Mr Red, 10 out of 10 for observation, can't see whats it got to do with the Spurs thread though, unless your suggesting he's coming to Spurs which i doubt very much as he wouldn't get in our midfield and seems to want first team football facepalm.gif

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

yeah, seems the world knows utd needs midfielder, so what does moyes go out and try to sign first ? A LEFT BACK clap2.gif

Probably the best in the EPL, makes sense to get him if they can,,,,,,there are midfielders at the right price.

Keep up Alfred ...it was in reply to this post...that's why i posted a picture just for you wink.png

Keep up Alfred ...it was in reply to this post...that's why i posted a picture just for you wink.png

You've lost me a bit Red, doesn't this guy play for Barcelona 39.gif