Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Pochettino was at a Barcelona B match today. Maybe scouting out some talent.thumbsup.gif

Let's hope so. Given the choice i'd rather play academy players and get rid of this lot....

Naughton

Rose

Kaboul

Chiriches

Vertonghen

Fazio

Capoue

Townsend

Lennon

Adebayor

Soldado

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Pochettino was at a Barcelona B match today. Maybe scouting out some talent.thumbsup.gif

Let's hope so. Given the choice i'd rather play academy players and get rid of this lot....

Naughton

Rose

Kaboul

Chiriches

Vertonghen

Fazio

Capoue

Townsend

Lennon

Adebayor

Soldado

Too be fair, perhaps apart from one center half, we could put out a better side without any of that lot !

Footnote : you missed off Erikson by the way

Edited by alfieconn

Naughton

Rose

Kaboul

Chiriches

Vertonghen

Fazio

Capoue

Townsend

Lennon

Adebayor

Soldado

Too be fair, perhaps apart from one center half, we could put out a better side without any of that lot !

Footnote : you missed off Erikson by the way

So i did. Eriksen doesn't in any way that i can see look like a Poche type player and more importantly doesn't seem willing to adapt to being one.

Still we should make reasonable profit on his sale.

Word is some Spurs scouts are in Buenos Aires this week, specifically to look at River Plate's Colombian forward Teo Gutierrez. Talented player but ready for the EPL ? I would think the jury is out on that, plus he has shown a bad attitude often in the past. A gamble I would think, but I suppose he couldn't be much worse than Adebayor or Soldado.

• Like 1

verity starts at left back for Belgium

Foxman explained that Belgium have very good center backs but poor left backs so i presume you are reminding us what a versatile player he is!?

get it right, he was their 1 st choice c/b until the world cup and they dropped him, The left bac they were using got injured and they brought verity bac in.

Word is some Spurs scouts are in Buenos Aires this week, specifically to look at River Plate's Colombian forward Teo Gutierrez. Talented player but ready for the EPL ? I would think the jury is out on that, plus he has shown a bad attitude often in the past. A gamble I would think, but I suppose he couldn't be much worse than Adebayor or Soldado.

Thats about right, we have nothing to lose on the basis of the performances od Adebayor and Soldado.

Add to that harry Kane not being quite ready for the premier league. He will get there, and he's a very good prospect but his positional play needs work done. Constantly getting drawn out of position to areas where he's not effective. Minnyou, still deserves to start infront of the other two

Foxman explained that Belgium have very good center backs but poor left backs so i presume you are reminding us what a versatile player he is!?

get it right, he was their 1 st choice c/b until the world cup and they dropped him, The left bac they were using got injured and they brought verity bac in.

Get what right you knob?! And stop trying to prove you are right on a point that only you seem to agree on and one too that you are increasingly obsessed with.

We have greater problems in our squad than you trying to prove that one of the better players is....well whatever. Who cares.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

To be fair, the above statement is a load of tosh and if your going to start quoting facts at least get them right :

1. Prior to the World Cup,of Belgiums last 20 games,Verts played in 18 of them, all at left back.

2. Belgium 1st and 2nd choice centre backs for the last few years have been Van Buyten and Kompany

3. Out of the 5 World cup games Belgium played in, Verts played in the 1st, 3rd,4th and 5th games.

4. The last 5 games Belgium have played since the World Cup, Verts has been at left back.

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 2

To be fair, the above statement is a load of tosh and if your going to start quoting facts at least get them right :

1. Prior to the World Cup,of Belgiums last 20 games,Verts played in 18 of them, all at left back.

2. Belgium 1st and 2nd choice centre backs for the last few years have been Van Buyten and Kompany

3. Out of the 5 World cup games Belgium played in, Verts played in the 1st, 3rd,4th and 5th games.

4. The last 5 games Belgium have played since the World Cup, Verts has been at left back.

biggrin.png This is starting to amuse me!! Lets just forget the "facts" and pretend Belgium dropped him. That is as long as he stops talking this obsessive tosh about Vertonghen.

Next stop will probably be along the lines that Lennon and Townsend are good at crossing the ball and no doubt the stats will again by lying. facepalm.gif

Some good news coming through that kyle Walker is back in training and could be back

playing next month.

De Andre Yedlin is to be called back in from loan in January, so those two would become

the main right full backs for the remainder of the season.

The best part is that Poch has told Naughton to find a new club together with Dembele.

Here's the story:

http://www.thetottenhamway.com/2014/11/16/spurs-boss-tells-kyle-naughton-mousa-dembele-find-new-clubs-january/?

Some good news coming through that kyle Walker is back in training and could be back

playing next month.

De Andre Yedlin is to be called back in from loan in January, so those two would become

The best part is that Poch has told Naughton to find a new club together with Dembele.

Here's the story:

http://www.thetottenhamway.com/2014/11/16/spurs-boss-tells-kyle-naughton-mousa-dembele-find-new-clubs-january/?

Good news indeed, thought Yedlin looked a great prospect from what little i saw of him the World Cup.

Dembele has been a massive disappointment, never saw him boss a game like he did for Fulham.

playing next month.

Here's the story:

They are still not sure if Yedlin is coming in Jan as it is dependent on him getting his Lativan passport.

Anyway i think we need to hang fire on how good Yedlin is sots, have a look at this for the good and the bad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixisxc7lzBY

playing next month.

Here's the story:

They are still not sure if Yedlin is coming in Jan as it is dependent on him getting his Lativan passport.

Anyway i think we need to hang fire on how good Yedlin is sots, have a look at this for the good and the bad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixisxc7lzBY

.Can't say i'm happy about Dembele being moved on. Frankly i'd rather see Dembele retained and Capoue move on. as a plus, Dembele has good defensive qualities to add to his passing abilities

Obviously Naughton is dreadful and if we can find a buyer can't be moved on quick enough.

Looks like he played more as a No.10 against the US jd and we've already got 6 of them biggrin.png

Footnote : Can't believe that our scouts went all the way to BA last week when he's been at the training ground this week and played at Craven Cottage on Saturday.

• Like 1

He played in the second world cup game alfie.

when someone starts a game then is on the bench for the next its called being dropped,

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Crikey rij, your getting nearly all your facts wrong and your still going on, he actually played in the first game against Algeria and didn't play in the 2nd game against Russian, he then played in the 3rd game against Korea republic probably due to Vermaalen being injured and kept his place against the USA and Argentine despite Vermaalen being fit again.

Footnote : I see that you didn't acknowledge that these parts of the statements were wrong

he was their 1 st choice c/b until the world cup

until the world cup and they dropped him

Edited by alfieconn

Seem you need to get your facts right alfie he played in the second game and he started the world cup as 1 st choice centre bac then was dropped to the bench.

Seem you need to get your facts right alfie he played in the second game and he started the world cup as 1 st choice centre bac then was dropped to the bench.

So your saying leading up to the World Cup he was 1st choice CB, didn't play in the 1st game and returned for the 2nd game ?

I thought you had done your research alfie.

Iv'e already told you what games he did and didn't play in but you disagreed and came out with your usual load of twaddle which no one can make head or tail of !

Looks like he played more as a No.10 against the US jd and we've already got 6 of them biggrin.png

Footnote : Can't believe that our scouts went all the way to BA last week when he's been at the training ground this week and played at Craven Cottage on Saturday.

He's definitely not a #10 Alfie.

TBH I wouldn't touch him with a cattle prod. He has a history of being a poisonous malcontent. He is often referred to as "mal leche", which in the local vernacular translates as "spoiled milk".thumbsup.gif

Maybe Pochettino is eyeing other players down here as well. I couldn't say.