Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Missed the game, didn't have any great vibes going into it, but a pleasant surprise when i woke up this morning.

Was the handball incident the BBC quoted Martinez a penalty? Can't seem to find it in any highlights i've managed to find.

Nice finish from Eriksen, pleased for Soldado, hopefully not another false dawn.

So Lennon starts the last two matches and we win them both,

funny that, is it just a coincidence?

Or is it that he offers a better balance to the team, he even gave the assist for

Soldado to score, as he did last week when Ericksen scored.

Not to mention his tireless tracking to stop Baines from pressing upfield,

and helping out Chiriches.

Industrious I think is the word for Lennon yesterday, but he is playing as an attacking midfielder so should be more productive in the final third !

Well, he broke forward whenever he could and provided Soldado's goal.

Most of his game yesterday was defending against the everton left sided players

to help out Chiriches, something that Lamela needs to add to his game.

Overall, Lennon and Kane have been our best players the last three game, they

understand that you need to put a shift in to get anything in the EPL.

I'm hoping Poch retains Lennon in his starting matches and soon will have Walker back

to link up with him.

Of course he should be defending that's his primary role, but his main role is an attacking midfield player, so yesterday stats : shots 0, dribbles 0, crosses 0, and your quick say he has 2 assists from the last 2 games, but i don't see you mention his stats for the previous 5 games he started in and his 7 sub appearances !!! but if your happy with them stats for an attacking midfield player then so be it.

Footnote : Lennon hasn't played in our last 3 EPL games !

Edited by alfieconn

Missed the game, didn't have any great vibes going into it, but a pleasant surprise when i woke up this morning.

Was the handball incident the BBC quoted Martinez a penalty? Can't seem to find it in any highlights i've managed to find.

Nice finish from Eriksen, pleased for Soldado, hopefully not another false dawn.

i ve seen them given, he jumped for a x and his arm was raised and could be said to be in an un natural position but it wasnt hand to ball, It was down to the norm, they reckon it was we reckon it wasnt. So prob on reflection if there was doubt the ref called it right and didnt give it either that or he just didnt see it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just so people understand when they keep talking about how much money we've spent :

Summer 2013 Net Spend
Created with Highcharts 3.0.7Manchester City - £86mChelsea - £60.7mSouthampton - £37.5mArsenal - £32.4mManchester United - £28.9mCardiff City - £25.1mWest Ham United - £21.5mNorwich City - £20.97mLiverpool - £19.3mSwansea City - £19.25mCrystal Palace - £16.6mAston Villa - £16.5mEverton - £12.5mHull City - £9.95mWest Bromwich Albion - £9.5mFulham - £8.03mSunderland - £7.38mStoke City - £5mNewcastle United - £-1.1mTottenham - £-3.08m

Talking about how little money you spent Alfie or justifying how shit your buys where? 85 Million whistling.gifwhistling.gifclap2.gif

I don't see how balancing the books makes any difference. If you spend money then you spend money and you are expected to get value for that money. Unless you own City or Chelsea, for them it is just like throwing enough shit at a wall

Strange you know, last season we bought 7 new players in and all through the season they constantly got slated, crap, waste of money, why are they not playing, etc etc, now Liverpool bring in 7 new players of which only one played yesterday and hardly a dickie bird is said about it, no slating no nothing, perhaps someone could explain why !!!!

45.gif

We all feel sorry for them.

That Eriksen is getting much better needs to have the team built around him ....he is that good.

Really!! I think he's rather hit and miss, his back tracking is poor and he can't press well. Often finishes a game looking like a luxury player we can't afford. Either way you'll not get the best of of him played wide.

I don't think we want a team built round anyone. Right now we want grafters who put in a proper shift and don't give up. Get that in place and we can have a chat next march about how we'll finish.

• Like 2

We all feel sorry for them.

That Eriksen is getting much better needs to have the team built around him ....he is that good.

As talented as he is Reddy, I don't think he suits Pochs style of play, he certainly has too much tracking back to do when playing out wide so I think his best position at the moment would be playing in front of the two defensive mids, in a 4-2-1-3.

I would actually like to see him play along side a defensive mid player in the 2 doing a Modric role.

• Like 2

Thanks Soldaduddo, Double points for the exact score!

thumbsup.gif

It wouldnt surprise me if he went on alittle scoring run now, u could almost touch the relief as he ran over to the touchline after he scored,, hair stayed in place though,!!!!!:P

Edited by rijit

Oh and i'm loving the way he's caused no fuss when he's been dropped or benched and consequently i reckon white hart lane has stuck by him. Anyone can see he's a decent player and now 4 me Deserves a bit of luck.

• Like 1

Oh and i'm loving the way he's caused no fuss when he's been dropped or benched and consequently i reckon white hart lane has stuck by him. Anyone can see he's a decent player and now 4 me Deserves a bit of luck.

I've always rated his positional sense....let's hope he finds that sharpness for goal again!

I've always rated his positional sense....let's hope he finds that sharpness for goal again!

Again?

whistling.gif

Talking about how little money you spent Alfie or justifying how shit your buys where? 85 Million whistling.gifwhistling.gifclap2.gif

I don't see how balancing the books makes any difference. If you spend money then you spend money and you are expected to get value for that money. Unless you own City or Chelsea, for them it is just like throwing enough shit at a wall

Strange you know, last season we bought 7 new players in and all through the season they constantly got slated, crap, waste of money, why are they not playing, etc etc, now Liverpool bring in 7 new players of which only one played yesterday and hardly a dickie bird is said about it, no slating no nothing, perhaps someone could explain why !!!!

45.gif

Well you guys were getting proper lob ons pre-season and the papers didn't help suggesting all sorts of hype. Then there was a lot of denial, whereas we admit every week how sh-ite we really are and how surprised we are at how it is possible we could become so sh-ite

We can't force people to slag us off though

Well you guys were getting proper lob ons pre-season and the papers didn't help suggesting all sorts of hype. Then there was a lot of denial, whereas we admit every week how sh-ite we really are and how surprised we are at how it is possible we could become so sh-ite

If you want to scan back as far as you like, I stated - and it was obvious to most people - that without Suarez and with the distraction of European football, Liverpool were never going to reach the heights of last season.

The tiny totts are the same with the Thursday Vase. It must be valuable to progress, because it must cost them a ton of points in the league (and remember each position in the table is worth a million or so I think).

45.gif

What, similar to your "we're not going to do a Spurs" manager !

Was there ? can you show me where ?

Edited by alfieconn

45.gif

To be fair he has said a lot more than that, including "when you spend a 100 million you expect to be challenging for the title" or something along those lines.

Yes there was denial in the shape of defending your team's performances with comments like, we are still within so many points of the top 4 and we not conceded this or that, and players need time to gel, it's not AVB's fault, it's not Ballsdeep's fault. Still a chance to turn things around etc etc. I'm not going trawling for specifics though, got things to do...places to be.

To be fair he has said a lot more than that, including "when you spend a 100 million you expect to be challenging for the title" or something along those lines.

Yes there was denial in the shape of defending your team's performances with comments like, we are still within so many points of the top 4 and we not conceded this or that, and players need time to gel, it's not AVB's fault, it's not Ballsdeep's fault. Still a chance to turn things around etc etc. I'm not going trawling for specifics though, got things to do...places to be.

Looks like your waffling Bob ! first you say

Then there was a lot of denial, whereas we admit every week how sh-ite we really are

So I read that as saying "spurs supporters were in denial how shit they were playing",

then you say

Yes there was denial in the shape of defending your team's performances with comments like

Defending our teams performances doesn't mean we were denying that they were playing shit !!

In fact being as you quoted some examples, i'll finish some of them off for ya as you seemed to have missed a few words,

are still within so many points of the top 4, not bad considering we are playing crap.

it's not AVB's fault that we are playing crap.

Still a chance to turn things around etc etc once we start playing better.

smokie36, BangrakBob

But your still on here cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by alfieconn

smokie36, BangrakBob

But your still on here cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Whassat?

What's this got to do with me??

45.gif

To be fair Bob you are actually off topic, I was talking about our 7 new players but you seem to be talking about the team in general !

Looks like your waffling Bob ! first you say

Then there was a lot of denial, whereas we admit every week how sh-ite we really are

So I read that as saying "spurs supporters were in denial how shit they were playing",

then you say

Yes there was denial in the shape of defending your team's performances with comments like

Defending our teams performances doesn't mean we were denying that they were playing shit !!

In fact being as you quoted some examples, i'll finish some of them off for ya as you seemed to have missed a few words,

are still within so many points of the top 4, not bad considering we are playing crap.

it's not AVB's fault that we are playing crap.

Still a chance to turn things around etc etc once we start playing better.

I new I shouldn't have bothered entertaining your initial fingering...

Before we go back and forth and try emulate all the other boring inane that has passed before, I'll admit defeat now. I was wrong and you were right. thumbsup.gif

well, tonight's a tuf one we aint won there for 20 plus years and generally we dont have any luck there in any shape or form. i'de happily take a draw and a decent performance, . but you never know potts took espanyol to barca when they were rock bottom and barca were in their total pomp and won 2 -1, so we can but live in hope, admittedly slim , but still hope smile.png

well, tonight's a tuf one we aint won there for 20 plus years and generally we dont have any luck there in any shape or form. i'de happily take a draw and a decent performance, . but you never know potts took espanyol to barca when they were rock bottom and barca were in their total pomp and won 2 -1, so we can but live in hope, admittedly slim , but still hope smile.png

When was the last Time you won the EPL ? - never !!!!

When was the last time you won the English Division one ?????

You guys need Alfie and Carmine on the Board to help you win as they are SO knowledgeable !!!!!

BT biggrin.pnggiggle.gifcoffee1.gif

• Like 1

You guys need Alfie and Carmine on the Board to help you win as they are SO knowledgeable !!!!!

nice post, good to see your flying your clubs flag in it's true chav colors.clap2.gif .......,,,

slim? Next to no chance more like, good to be optimistic though

nice post, good to see your flying your clubs flag in it's true chav colors.clap2.gif .......,,,

Honest Questions with usual drivel as a reply !!! No wonder you guys are just ????? w00t.gif

BT coffee1.gif

Honest Questions with usual drivel as a reply !!! No wonder you guys are just ????? w00t.gif

BT coffee1.gif

for you b.t that's surprisingly eloquent. now run along little man.

It's going well aye ladslaugh.png

As if Liverpool could do any better!! Honestly Kurt, you're not taking the piss from a position of strength are you!!!!

Difficult to knock Hugo. If anyone can be excused a howler its him but i'm afraid he's a fault for two goals with the help of Fazio and Vertonghen. You have to defend better against Chelsea to get anything out of the game. Up until the mistake that led to the first goal i thought we looked very sharp and capable of scoring

Plus points there were though. kane continues to impress and Nabil Bentaleb, our man of the match for me was outstanding looking like our only midfielder who could mix it with the chav midfield. He's a fantastic prospect and needs to be put on a new long contract asap.

The situation at right back is a nightmare. Chirches is not a good defender, let alone out of position at right back. How long till Walker is fit?

All in all i wasn't expecting anything out of the game bar some decent play, some plus points and some grit. So i'm reasonably happy.

City will hang in as much as possible but Chelsea will win this league at a canter, by 12-15 points pending on City but the gap over the rest of us will be huge.

• Like 1