Tottenham Thread

chonabot

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah that reminds me of a previous Spurs poster who I met up with. Kept on stealing my chips so he could save a few baht !!

Good lad, if we are ever fortunate enough to meet I will bring the HP sauce. :smile:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Shush I put you to bed too many times pal your going wayward or maybe 1 Leo is turning into 5 every night maybe. 

Really , yeah coarse you did, you really are delusional and  in need of some serious help. Perhaps counselling or certainly a little inward reflection, may help you  come to terms with a stupid ignorant male ego. But hey your a  premier league fan living, i presume, in thailand,what should I expect.

Poch off to Milan in 8.5m deal going down in London this week. Be very pleased if he took that. Minus that boss your back to 8th maybe 6th at a push. Good while it lasted though eh. Article gossip stolen from bbc btw.

Just now, 3 minus 2 said:

Really , yeah coarse you did, you really are delusional and  in need of some serious help. Perhaps counselling or certainly a little inward reflection, may help you  come to terms with a stupid ignorant male ego. But hey your a  premier league fan living, i presume, in thailand,what should I expect.

Enlighten me what has where I live got to do with it? 

11 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Poch off to Milan in 8.5m deal going down in London this week. Be very pleased if he took that. Minus that boss your back to 8th maybe 6th at a push. Good while it lasted though eh. Article gossip stolen from bbc btw.

Did the same article have us bringing in Gazza as our new chief coach for the midfield? :biggrin:

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

You must have been astonished not to see him on Sunday. :stoner:

Harry might be up for 1 last big 6 hurrah it's not all doom and gloom. Tottenham don't go backwards though right they only signed defoe the once didn't they?

7 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Enlighten me what has where I live got to do with it? 

I'M surprised you need to ask, look around and quantify. Maybe your oblivious but Your enviroment helps create who you are and your  living in a a country that doesnt particulary like you,in fact ide go as far as to say most thais  i knew actually disliked your average  european expat.

Just out of interest i wonder how many regular football forum posting  expats actually  go and support local football? lets just  say thailand and its average ex pat community ,,, being nice  are somewhat lacking in social  refinement.

And lets just end the speculation b4 it starts poch WILL NOT be leaving. This is his team and NO DOUBTS  it will go on with him leading it to  challenge ALL both domestically and internationally aided by   a couple of tweeks,  maybe zahas  pace and a  cover in midfeild weve lacked a little craft/ flair without dembele, perhaps winks may do the job if not  barkley desperatly needs to leave home/liverpool  to 'mature'   but atm  he wouldnt get in the team but wouldnt be bad cover for dembele and co.

15 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Serious, hypothetical question. If Spurs were to be taken over by similar a sovereignty  would you continue to support them?

Thats a very obvious answer Bob.  Of course i would still support Spurs.  Would i like having the new owners?  No.

"Would i like having the new owners?  No."

1. Why?

2. For the most part, so long as new owners have the clubs best interests , are not criminals (unlikely due to the FA's requirements), then why are you bothered if its Owner A or Owner B?  So is it a case Spurs owners in your opinion are so good and couldn't be bettered?

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1. Why?

2. For the most part, so long as new owners have the clubs best interests , are not criminals (unlikely due to the FA's requirements), then why are you bothered if its Owner A or Owner B?  So is it a case Spurs owners in your opinion are so good and couldn't be bettered?

The question you should be asking is do i like the direction our owners are taking the club and the manner they are doing it.

That answer is yes.

The attitudes of other sets of supporters BB shows your envy at our model is quite palpable because were not throwing money at the sport, were attempting to achieve the highest levels through development within.  If we do win the league you'll never be able to feel the satisfaction we will and that clearly grates, much to my amusement i might add.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Good to see the also rans still fighting it out for the CL spot's :biggrin:

And they cant throw any money at the problem till the summer.  

Poor City, can't splash the cash just yet.......

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1. Why?

Chicog also gave you a clear answer to this question

2 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Don't really care if we do or we don't to be honest, let's face it we've got about as much chance as winning it as your lot !

What really amuses me is their failure/unwillingness to acknowledge the remarkable feat of even managing to compete, let alone win the title!!  

Leicester last, Spurs this, neither should be able to get anywhere near the big spenders

Edited by carmine

Just now, carmine said:

What really amuses me is their failure/unwillingness to acknowledge the remarkable feat of even managing to compete, let alone win the title!!  

If we'd spent what they have over the last decade in net spend terms I'd be wondering how its possible we might finish 5th in the league this time around instead of larging it up about how great we are.

Have to say well done to the goons for keeping up with these free spending but ultimately poorly run clubs as well. :smile:

Oh and for the non Spurs fans here there is a common theme running through my posts now which too many in football can't see, in business successful managers will always see it.

Effectivemanagement and communication between all at the club, careful investment and patience.

Never mind just go out and buy Ronaldo and Bale. :post-4641-1156694572:

30 minutes ago, carmine said:

Leicester last, Spurs this, neither should be able to get anywhere near the big spenders

yeah true enough that. in terms of spending and wage bill, spurs have well over-performed. excellent season. let's see where everyone finishes but man united coming 6th after spending what they did can only be described as a huge failure, despite mourinho's attempts to frame the season as being all about qualifying for the champions league via the UEFA cup. he should be fooling no-one, but you know.

does that worry you about this summer at all though carmine? i don't know what sort of wages kane, alli, eriksen et al are on but they could be targets for the richer/bigger spending clubs couldn't they? city and united could both probably double alderweireld's weekly wage for example and he'd walk into both their starting XIs.

25 minutes ago, StevieH said:

yeah true enough that. in terms of spending and wage bill, spurs have well over-performed. excellent season. let's see where everyone finishes but man united coming 6th after spending what they did can only be described as a huge failure, despite mourinho's attempts to frame the season as being all about qualifying for the champions league via the UEFA cup. he should be fooling no-one, but you know.

does that worry you about this summer at all though carmine? i don't know what sort of wages kane, alli, eriksen et al are on but they could be targets for the richer/bigger spending clubs couldn't they? city and united could both probably double alderweireld's weekly wage for example and he'd walk into both their starting XIs.

It has to be a worry mate.  Money talks.  Theres only so far the charisma of the manager can go.  Reckon we'll keep it together for a season though.  But, i'm a bit edgy about Alderweirald and he hasn't signed a new contract as yet.

Reality is, United pay Lingard 120k per week, more than double what Toby gets.  We have to do something about our wage structure, especially as Sky seem obsessed with discussing which of our players will leave, every opportunity they can muster! 

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Is Chicog back; don't see his answer above to the question? Or are you just confused, again?

No you are just being so on the uptake as per usual........he gave you his thoughts months ago and you made a right Charlie of yourself responding to him

Is the mist rising a little now?