Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I hope poch learnt a big lesson yesterday, in that you can't field a starting 11 without 

Eriksen, Son and Dele and expect the team to supply Kane & Llorente up front with some 

creativity.

It was clear as day soon as Son and later Dele was on the pitch the team started to threaten 

to score, otherwise we would have got beat.

What was he thinking playing Sissoko Wanyama & Dembele together as a midfield is beyond

my understanding.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sotsira said:

I hope poch learnt a big lesson yesterday, in that you can't field a starting 11 without 

Eriksen, Son and Dele and expect the team to supply Kane & Llorente up front with some 

creativity.

It was clear as day soon as Son and later Dele was on the pitch the team started to threaten 

to score, otherwise we would have got beat.

What was he thinking playing Sissoko Wanyama & Dembele together as a midfield is beyond

my understanding.

Totally agree.  

This squad certainly needs a boost...let's hope Moura provides it.

Edit: The return of Toby will make a big difference as will a fully fit Wanyama but the next five games will likely decide the season for us.

We need some more attacking option and Llorente is the new Soldado unfortunately.

Edited by RonniePickering22

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

This squad certainly needs a boost...let's hope Moura provides it.

Edit: The return of Toby will make a big difference as will a fully fit Wanyama but the next five games will likely decide the season for us.

We need some more attacking option and Llorente is the new Soldado unfortunately.

Yes i agree but with a full strength side which i believe to be fielding the defense  below i see no reason why we can do very well these next six games.

Lloris          

Toby             Sanchez          Vertonghen

trippier                                                                            Rose

Wanyama          Dembele

57 minutes ago, carmine said:

Yes i agree but with a full strength side which i believe to be fielding the defense  below i see no reason why we can do very well these next six games.

Lloris          

Toby             Sanchez          Vertonghen

trippier                                                                            Rose

Wanyama          Dembele

Agreed but the problem being when Dembele or Wanyama are unable to play....Dier is only halfway a competent switch and let's not get into the disaster that is Sissoko.

Also what happens now if Kane gets injured?

Not enough quality to cover at the moment at all.

18 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Agreed but the problem being when Dembele or Wanyama are unable to play....Dier is only halfway a competent switch and let's not get into the disaster that is Sissoko.

Also what happens now if Kane gets injured?

Not enough quality to cover at the moment at all.

There are strong rumors Llorente will be gone by tomorrow.

Dier only plays off the back of Toby, Wanyama or Sanchez being unavailable.

In the absense of Kane Son would probably move central but in reality we are hopelessly dependent on him staying fit and its a worry seeing him having to be played at Newport last weekend.

53 minutes ago, carmine said:

There are strong rumors Llorente will be gone by tomorrow.

Dier only plays off the back of Toby, Wanyama or Sanchez being unavailable.

In the absense of Kane Son would probably move central but in reality we are hopelessly dependent on him staying fit and its a worry seeing him having to be played at Newport last weekend.

Chopping out the dead wood is good but if its two out and one in it doesn't bode so well for this season.

Assuming anyone would buy Sissoko of course.

13 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Chopping out the dead wood is good but if its two out and one in it doesn't bode so well for this season.

Assuming anyone would buy Sissoko of course.

Sissoko's a fraud, he's not a footballer.  

I'm reasonably satisfied with the one quality signing because at the end of the day having Alderweirald and Wanyama back is like two new signings in itself.  

God help us if Kane gets crocked........contrary to poor incorrect journalism we've proven we can do without him for a couple of months but a longterm injury would well and truly do for us.

Edited by carmine

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:48 AM, carmine said:

Sissoko's a fraud, he's not a footballer.  

I'm reasonably satisfied with the one quality signing because at the end of the day having Alderweirald and Wanyama back is like two new signings in itself.  

God help us if Kane gets crocked........contrary to poor incorrect journalism we've proven we can do without him for a couple of months but a longterm injury would well and truly do for us.

I just googled the 'fraud's wiki page and he's played 408 games for Premier or Ligue 1 clubs and 53 appearances for France first team over the past 9 seasons, and was considered  worth a five-year deal, for £30 million, just 2 years ago by Spurs. He might not be playing well for Spurs, he might not suit Spurs style of play, but he's hardly a fraud as a footballer.  

54 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I just googled the 'fraud's wiki page and he's played 408 games for Premier or Ligue 1 clubs and 53 appearances for France first team over the past 9 seasons, and was considered  worth a five-year deal, for £30 million, just 2 years ago by Spurs. He might not be playing well for Spurs, he might not suit Spurs style of play, but he's hardly a fraud as a footballer.  

He's been our worst signing of the past two seasons pound for pound by a long margin.

You must be on the Chang again BB!

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

He's been our worst signing of the past two seasons pound for pound by a long margin.

You must be on the Chang again BB!

Don't tell me, he's trying to make an argument that , presumably Sissoko hasn't been a completely useless no hoper since the day he joined us?  Would be par for the course.

Stop wasting your time and block him.

Edited by carmine
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, carmine said:

Don't tell me, he's trying to make an argument that , presumably Sissoko hasn't been a completely useless no hoper since the day he joined us?  Would be par for the course.

Stop wasting your time and block him.

I enjoy reading the nonsense Carms.

Another Citeh £60m signing coming in Mahrez today as well.

They are skint of course ya know.

For the benifit of carmine, who likes to comment on posts he can't read due to 'ignore' function - says it all - I stated that sissoko's career record (over 50 international appearances for France) indicates he's hardly a 'fraud' as Carmine called sissoko, and added "He might not be playing well for Spurs, he might not suit Spurs style of play, but he's hardly a fraud as a footballer".

Being "worst signing of the past two seasons pound for pound by a long margin" again doesn't make him a fraud does it.

I'd be amazed if you find anything to argue with that, but I know you guys will.

12 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I enjoy reading the nonsense Carms.

Another Citeh £60m signing coming in Mahrez today as well.

They are skint of course ya know.

Can't see Leicester letting him go for that, not with their money and the massively inflated market being as it is.  More like the head turner for the summer.  

• Like 1

I admit I had to Google 'Coedo Ruri' Ronnie.

Coedo Ruri is a German Pilsener style beer brewed by Coedo Brewery (Kyodo Shoji Koedo Brewery) in Saitama-ken Kawagoe-shi , Japan.

Working for a Japanese company I had my japanese colleagues repeatedly singing the praises and asking me to try their japanese whiskys. They weren't wrong, they're very good, as Wiki says "style of Japanese whisky is more like that of Scotch whisky than any other major style of whisky". Bloody clever those yipun.

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

Can't see Leicester letting him go for that, not with their money and the massively inflated market being as it is.  More like the head turner for the summer.  

Surprising that they are not competing really in this market.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I admit I had to Google 'Coedo Ruri' Ronnie.

Coedo Ruri is a German Pilsener style beer brewed by Coedo Brewery (Kyodo Shoji Koedo Brewery) in Saitama-ken Kawagoe-shi , Japan.

Working for a Japanese company I had my japanese colleagues repeatedly singing the praises and asking me to try their japanese whiskys. They weren't wrong, they're very good, as Wiki says "style of Japanese whisky is more like that of Scotch whisky than any other major style of whisky". Bloody clever those yipun.

Highly refreshing unlike your previous comment about Sissoko.

He's awful for us mate so become an agent and sell him.

I'll offer you a pint of the above...you still have a few hours!

13 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Highly refreshing unlike your previous comment about Sissoko.

He's awful for us mate so become an agent and sell him.

I'll offer you a pint of the above...you still have a few hours!

Woke up to Spurs 2-0 victory over United. Well done !:cowboy:

• Like 2

Nice comfortable win and no injuries.  Bit i liked most was our second half game management that didn't exist before Poch became the boss.  We never let them even remotely back in it.  MOM for me was Dembele, but great credit to all the others particularly Trippier.

What was criminal was Son not giving a childs pass across the six yard line for Kane to tap in, that was criminal.  And whilst obviously biased i do think it was a penalty although it was a tight call i'll admit.

Onwards to a tougher game on sunday and i desperately hope we can start with Alderweirald, Wanyama and Rose.  Last time Mane played for Liverpool against us he destroyed Davies for pace.  We need Wanyama breaking up the fluidity of their attack and Alderweirald is just Alderweirald, a step up on anyone that allows us a nice three at the back option if suited.

Too tough to call and normally i'd take a point but i'm not sure we can really afford that.

Just an edit to give a mention to Vertonghen who was magnificent last night.  And to think there were suggestions from some Spurs fans that he wasn't a center back!!

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Yes I assume he was rested last night for the scousers. Rose really has to neutralise that threat.

Alderweireld well its a tough ask to return against arguably the best form attacking side in the league but we'll see.

Wanyama seems to be being eased back very gently indeed.

Liverpool have VVD but they can still be ripped apart at the back and have a suspect keeper so let's see what Kane can do.

They do always raise their game against us unfortunately.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes I assume he was rested last night for the scousers. Rose really has to neutralise that threat.

Alderweireld well its a tough ask to return against arguably the best form attacking side in the league but we'll see.

Wanyama seems to be being eased back very gently indeed.

Liverpool have VVD but they can still be ripped apart at the back and have a suspect keeper so let's see what Kane can do.

They do always raise their game against us unfortunately.

If my memory serves me right last time we played at Anfield Mignolet played very well.  Or rather, didn't do anything stupid!