Ripper for pipe laying

bazmlb

Make one....it's easy. Get the satisfaction of doing it yourself....then post a picture for all to share.

One of the easiest thing to make is a Trench digger....

Can not see a cassava plough working.

Find a local engineering firm to make one for you, in my area I can think of 3 firms that could make one ,2 being one man bands, do not dismiss them ,may be a bit slow ,but given the plans they will come up with the goods,ask around,you will find one, if you use second hand steel,it will keep the price down,as an idea round here second hand steel is 20-25 Bart/Kg .

Finding a single tine ripper to modify not easy , plenty 3 tine ones,I made one a few years ago,works well,but the foot is too big,will not go into the ground very far.when it is dry.

As weegee said, do not forget the photos.

Hello All, this is one of Netifim's drip tape/line insulation tractor attachments.

Again, what kind of pipe???? and how big???

If you are only burring 1.5" or so, if you google SDI and play around with words in the search,

you can find plans for DYI installation attachments.

rice555

post-37242-0-47228200-1422433425_thumb.j

Hello All, this is one of Netifim's drip tape/line insulation tractor attachments.

Again, what kind of pipe???? and how big???

If you are only burring 1.5" or so, if you google SDI and play around with words in the search,

you can find plans for DYI installation attachments.

rice555

Yep Rice...thats the way to go.

But the OP should remember it's hot here and the pipe should be in the ground around 8 inches, I reckon...Otherwise you may just be pumping HOT water onto the plants...Just a thought.

Was going down 300mm with 1"1/2, making the ripper seems the best option as a Backhoe quote was outrageous to trench 150m

What was the Backhoe price to do 150m?

The way i see it...150m with no obstructions...about 2.5 hrs max...at 300mm deep.

Cost per hour here is 800 baht per hour...i dont think you will build the ripper for that, even doing it yourself.

2 days, 800b/hr, ground very hard now, must use time - grrrr

WHAT!!!!!....look for another quote. Thats just utter crazy. Is it Solid rock or something?

Hard ground wont take 2 days with a JCB Backhoe...not 150m anyway....Even if you give him 5 hrs to do it 30mtrs per hr....still cheap. remember he will only be using a 12 inch bucket...

Also check the machine looks in good order, or you will be charged 800baht per hour while it's being fixed after breaking down onsite...That one is always tried on around here.

2 days, 800b/hr, ground very hard now, must use time - grrrr

WHAT!!!!!....look for another quote. Thats just utter crazy. Is it Solid rock or something?

Hard ground wont take 2 days with a JCB Backhoe...not 150m anyway....Even if you give him 5 hrs to do it 30mtrs per hr....still cheap. remember he will only be using a 12 inch bucket...

Also check the machine looks in good order, or you will be charged 800baht per hour while it's being fixed after breaking down onsite...That one is always tried on around here.

Only guy in the local area, he wears brown pants and a white tshirt, think it has some to do with me not being a local

next door have a 3 tyne on a tractor i can use for 500b, might just pull 2 tynes off and rip it

You could do what I did laying a water pipe across my cattle yard, that was hard soil ,used a single tine ripper, and went over the trench 3-4 times to loosen up the soil ,then I used a shovel to take out the loose soil,not that difficult, for the op's run find a couple of local lads to help out.

@weegee.like to know where you find a JCB,and a backhoe, something I have not seen in the hands of a local contractor ,all we have round here are 5 ton 360 diggers ,on tracks,most only have a 18in-2ft bucket,can not see one doing the job in 2 1/2 hours,if you do have a JCB one it will be a very second hand import liable to breakdown ,with limited spare part suppliers.

We had a 360 on tracks in a year ago that was,800 Baht/hour .

You could do what I did laying a water pipe across my cattle yard, that was hard soil ,used a single tine ripper, and went over the trench 3-4 times to loosen up the soil ,then I used a shovel to take out the loose soil,not that difficult, for the op's run find a couple of local lads to help out.

@weegee.like to know where you find a JCB,and a backhoe, something I have not seen in the hands of a local contractor ,all we have round here are 5 ton 360 diggers ,on tracks,most only have a 18in-2ft bucket,can not see one doing the job in 2 1/2 hours,if you do have a JCB one it will be a very second hand import liable to breakdown ,with limited spare part suppliers.

JCB's do not seem to be so popular here, maybe the side sliding backhoe is a bit much for the locals to manage, I know a few accidents we went to in the CFA where people had tipped their JCB, a fixed pivoting backhoe is much safer.

The flavour over here seems to be the "Makro" style backhoe on tracks, plenty to be found here http://www.truck2hand.com

Different areas I suppose...around this area, the JCB's are 2 bob a dozen. That's all they mainly use. I sold all my machinery a while back, as soon as i didn't need it anymore.

Anyway the OP is mainly looking for a ripper...so JCB's arent his go... i just commented on the price and time for a JCB, which is way over the top.