European tourist assaulted in Bangkok 'old city'

webfact

European Tourist Assaulted in BKK Old City
By Khaosod English

BANGKOK — A European tourist was hospitalized after being hit in the head with a beer bottle in Bangkok's historic quarter yesterday, police say.

Police say the incident took place in broad daylight yesterday afternoon on Phra Athit Road, close to the backpacker district surrounding Khaosan Road.

Witnesses told police they saw two men ride up to the tourist on a motorcycle, and hurl a beer bottle at her head. The pair then reportedly drove off in direction of the Grand Palace.

The victim was taken to Vajira Hospital where she was received ten stitches. Medical workers say she is "European" but did not specify her nationality, citing privacy protocols.

Source: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1422422095

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-01-28

i live in that area and can say it is an extremely rare occurrence - and there are two sides to every story so better know the whole story before passing judgement.

the only other act of violence - apart from when the army moved in to remove the red shirts! - i have seen in the area is when a drunken foreigner tried to do a runner from a street bar without paying. the bar owner followed on his motorbike and gave the guy a good kicking. it was severe but the foreigner contributed to his own downfall and it was one on one - given that one was very drunk!

• Like 1

i live in that area and can say it is an extremely rare occurrence - and there are two sides to every story so better know the whole story before passing judgement.

the only other act of violence - apart from when the army moved in to remove the red shirts! - i have seen in the area is when a drunken foreigner tried to do a runner from a street bar without paying. the bar owner followed on his motorbike and gave the guy a good kicking. it was severe but the foreigner contributed to his own downfall and it was one on one - given that one was very drunk!

I 've seen very ugly fights in that area and not one on one

They won't do this without any cause, wonder what that lady said/did to them.

Yeah. Let's blame the European "beetch". What a disgusting woman. Next time they should use some more force.

Hopefully those poor little Thais will be blessed and canonized by the Pope.

• Like 2

Hitting anyone for having just "said" something is criminal. Hitting a female is criminal and coward and they had to be in 2 just in case she fought back! What a bunch of ball-less people.

• Like 2

Nearly 20 years ago three English thugs tried to drag me into a London alleyway for a beating.....unsuccessfully I will add.

This kind of bad stuff happens the world over unfortunately....its got nothing to do with race hatred....just ignorant azzholes going about their business.

• Like 2

They really hate us here you know! Just more proof.

I have the proof.....nobody hates me here for the 8 years that i have been living in Thailand.

There always be thugs around that this doesn't mean you can speak about all Thais hating foreigners.

I hate people who claim that nobody hates them! ...Does that count?

They really hate us here you know! Just more proof.

I have the proof.....nobody hates me here for the 8 years that i have been living in Thailand.

There always be thugs around that this doesn't mean you can speak about all Thais hating foreigners.

It's not that I condone this kind of violent behaviour. That being said, 22 years in Thailand, I've never encountered any trouble, except for minor issues, perhaps with a taxi trying to over charge or something silly.

We've raised our children, who are now in grown up and left. My driver has been the same person for 8 years. Same as the maid. All of them absolutely loyal, kind and human.

I feel bad when such unpleasant and violent issues come up.

What about your butler, has he changed?

There are different kinds of foreigners who live in Thailand. Those who are in high positions as expatriates and yes with butlers as well, who have all the comforts and experience very respectable and comfortable lifestyles. Then there are the good for nothin losers who have nowhere else to go, so they bitch about the country for each and everything but tend to stick here.

One might want to check out the lifestyle the high earnings expatriates have. Yes, we do have help for the house, cars and for work. C'est la vie.

whistling.gif

• Like 1

Like the German guy on Samui who was attacked and murdered with a beer bottle in the throat and the killers walked away scot free, despite there being many witnesses and a full confession.

Discover Thainess.

Just wander if anyone will publish this matter in local newspapers....???

Probably to minor thing to care... if the law is so "understanding " for local crime then why average citizen should care?

But times are changing fellow Thai's ...

Those little "accidents" are spreading over the world very fast and specially in European countries .

Those who never tasted Asia before are always concerned about own safety going for the first time.....never come to LOS or your neighbours.

World is still a big place to see...and feel safe because that's the first thing in everybody mind going on vacations for relax.

Simply there is to many similar cases and it is growing problem but seems to me law and government people not even trying their best to fix this problem and for one example properly panish those who

are doing so wrong image of LOS . It should be done publically to warn others of hard consequences not a childish punishment .

Those who wants to invade and control Internet and privacy in Thailand should take care about own streets more then that.

I witnessed many situations where people (European and in Australia) changing minds as to direction they was planning to spend their vacations because of growing news like these we encounter more and more in LOS.

Sorry, but I would not be fair if I would lie to them that they will be safe in LOS perfectly.

I know that they will think twice before they go and specialy those who never tried Asia before....(They are always scared a bit as I was long time ago)

This day's everyone can get best and worst news about any country in the world before deciding to go there.

Even for me already experienced and not so much scared going to South America's countries is neccessary to obtain all possible news about crime in choosen country and not to be surprised by anyone who want to make my head as the place to crush bottle or anything.....

Simply , if I find similar cases I will look for safest country...that's logical step.

I am affraid that our races also made a lot of bad examples too being in LOS and having...... to good time .

It is payback for our past behaviour .

Definatelly ,20 years ago we were treated with more respect then now in LOS and our countries also.

coffee1.gif

Edited by gigman

Not necessarily to hit a woman over then head with a beer bottle for any reason in my opinion.

They should grow some balls and try take on a real man !!!

I'll put that beer bottle up his skinny ass...

You just haven't met the right one yet!

There's probably more to this story.

She probably insulted some Thais , maybe gave them the finger or something , that's all it takes to trigger Thais to try to kill you.