Phitsanulok immigration-retirement extension

My best renewal of my retirement extension yet at what must be one of Thailand's best immigration offices. 15 mins from walking through the door to walking out with another year permission to stay.

Great service delivered as usual with a smile.

Was concerned that it might involve two trips as one or two have reported that they received under consideration stamp before Xmas.

Not the case today. Someone in the back office signed the paperwork.

Had to laugh though on leaving wife is driving I'm belted up in front passenger seat. Old Bill stop us and fine her 200 Baht for not wearing a seat belt and they took longer than immigration to process her!

• Like 2

I know - I have had the same pleasure of dealing with them year after year without a problem - always vary nice people - fast service - air running - TV etc. thumbsup.gif I never really had a problem with Chang mai or Nan ether when we used them accept for the traveling to get there.

They are not supposed to process her on the spot like that - they should issue a ticket and retain the lic. of the person that was driving - that is the one that gets the ticket for anyone in the car without a belt on. Then you go pay at the station and get your lic. back. Even if you are from out of town if you go straight to the station they will call the officer in and bring your lic to you in minutes and the fine should have been 400b for that.

My wife took off her belt to get something out of the back seat and didn't put it back on right away - a few blocks later I roll up on the monthly check point that I never fear passing. They pointed it out and they were correct. They then issued me a ticket and took my lic. Oh well that is the way it is - no belt - get a ticket.

I drove directly to the cop shop and they called the officer in via radio and reduced the fine to 100 baht laughing about how fast we had come in to pay - must have been less then 5 minutes - what they didn't know was I was on my way to the IT mall across the street anyway and got to use there parking lot. biggrin.png

Thanks. Just out of interest with the seat belt. They did give her a ticket/receipt at a sort of roadside counter. Checked her licence but gave it back to her. I stayed in the car so I don't know what was said but quite a few got stopped and fined while we waited.

When the Highway Police organize a road bloc around Chiangmai they usually have a table set up with officer writing the ticket and another one collecting the fine and after a few minutes you are back on the road with your receipt.

If it is the City police. they do the usual,,, Keep you driver license and you have a few days to go to the police station, pay the fine and get you license back.

I prefer the Highway police system as you do not have to trabel around to get your license.