Four Kuwait Tourists injured in 'altercation' with staff from Pattaya Go Kart Track

webfact

I have been karting there on a number of occasions. The staff were always friendly and helpful.

Not sure what happened but there is probably more to the story than has been reported.

• Like 1

The best way is to just boycott all these things that are known scam setups, and that includes taxis, jetskis, go karting etc....

You can do go karting at home where you probably will not be scammed, so why do it in Thailand?

Do the stuff in Thailand you cant do at or closer to home.

Nonsense. Gokart never been a problem and gokart track does not employ 20 staff.

There is much more to the story.

Ya 3 employees and 17 soi dog mafia taxi bikers who stuck their noses in.

Just boycotting everything that's a known scam would leave most with precious little to 'do' of an evening. Or am I mistaken in my understanding that bar girls are scammers extraordinaire?

A clash of two cultures in the extreme. One avoids any open friction and resulting loss of face, in the other one confrontation is the culture. For results, see news above.

This from one briefing on Arab culture:

"Accept that verbal brevity will be highly disconcerting to them. If you are quiet, they will simply think something is wrong. Not only do you have to speak more when you are with Arabs, but you have to step up the volume as well. Loudness of voice, rising pitch and tone, even shouting, all denote sincerity in Arab discourse. In Arab society it is quite normal to use speech in a rhetorical, almost aggressive manner to make a point clearly."

A bit over-the-top but some truth in it.

• Like 1

ask yourself this - if 20 adult males from your home country attacked 4 men, would they have nothing more than minor injuries ? no question re the cowardice of many thai attackers but i dont believe the arabs in this instance. 20 guys on 4 and not a single victim on the ground being kicked during the melee ? i wonder how that would have gone down in europe or any other part of asia ...

the thais arent the only liars in this tale

Its not necessarily so that the numbers are proportional to the damage. Could have been 50 with very limited involvement having less effect than 6 with major involvement.

6 or 20 attackers - unless they were completely useless, the Kuwaitis would look a lot worse in those photos than they do. Ultimately, Pattaya needs more CCTV installed, but that's part of a very long list of infrastructure needed in the city.

The best way is to just boycott all these things that are known scam setups, and that includes taxis, jetskis, go karting etc....

You can do go karting at home where you probably will not be scammed, so why do it in Thailand?

Do the stuff in Thailand you cant do at or closer to home.

So just gogo bars then? Suits me.

• Like 1

Rumours, conjecture, rascist slurs...TV love it.

Not one person making comments actually there to do the personnel head count and first aid.

My GF drove past around the "alteration" at it was was breaking up. Her words. Big problem at the Go Cart place many police and ambulance.

So maybe the injuries were worse than you see in the photos.

Maybe there were 20 assailants. Hence the number of Poilce at the scene.

Maybe Kuwaiti's are spoilt brats? and we do know for sure that there is no such thing as a "fair fight square go one one" when it comes to Thai's.

But for me anyone who thinks driving round in circles making a high pitched noise and spewing 2 stroke fumes all over the place is fun needs a good hiding...

Not one person making comments actually there to do the personnel head count and first aid.

My GF drove past around the "alteration" at it was was breaking up. Her words. Big problem at the Go Cart place many police and ambulance.

Maybe Kuwaiti's are spoilt brats? and we do know for sure that there is no such thing as a "fair fight square go one one" when it comes to Thai's.

But for me anyone who thinks driving round in circles making a high pitched noise and spewing 2 stroke fumes all over the place is fun needs a good hiding...

Speaking of rumorsrolleyes.gif , so what road did you GF use to drive past?whistling.gif

assault by 20 Thai Men on 4 customers from Kuwait.

This made me laugh out loud...but unfortunately is so common as there are no fair fights in Thailand...mob mentality takes over when one of their own is threatened by a disgruntled tourist...This is Thailand...Love it...or Leave it...!

I can't even see where a scam is mentioned so how does everyone assume there was one??

I have been around Arabs in pattaya and they are not the most polite of people so I can imagine what was said to the staff member about the broken down go-cart. 20-1 doesn't ring true either.

Speaking of rumorsrolleyes.gif , so what road did you GF use to drive past?whistling.gif

you always come across as such a beggar , a mix of polite fraud and thai apologist

go click and paste something i wrote and beg me a question u sweet pretender

the method of ''justify yourself to me'' and ''repeat yourself over while i second guess you'' is charming

and so is kuwaities and thai's scrapping over a go cart race gone array whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Good to see yet another reincarnation.giggle.gif .

Wow 20:4

I got only 1 word for it

if i'm to be attacked by 20 thai men, i hope its these guys. clearly, they were smoking when the head-stomping class was being held at the coward academy - not even sure you can graduate without a credit in that particular subject.

• Like 1

Are they going to work a scam into everything?

What next? an irate, armed gang of blokes on the doorstep one morning "You have left Love Custard stains on this woman you rented last night, you have to buy it now!!".

thai dudes lucky the kuwait's did not buy the track & fire them. 20 to 4 ? wow cowards at best, ladyboy wanna be at worst :-)

not the first time i have seen people from kuwait in Thailand taking a slap, they also need to learn some manners, stop acting like spoilt brats and show some respect .... Too many people with a bit of cash think they can talk down at others...

Great these 4 Kuwaitis are parts discovering Thainess

Never a fair fight and do not expect what you pay for to actually work

I am sure they will tell all their friends to come for a visit

Works for me - I hope their friends tell their friends and so on - hell, bring over a TV crew and get the word out to the entire Arab world. Hasnt stopped the Brits coming here, but hope springs eternal.