nice story for a change

ericnoodeeka

I once was at a photo shop in Koh Samui, and picked up some pictures, I sat on a bench out side the shop and looked at the pics. I put my wallet with over ฿10,000 in it, plus all my cards, on the bench. I got up and walked down the road, about five minutes later, I remembered I'd left my wallet. I went back, it wasn't there, I went into the shop and they had it fully intact. They said someone found it on the bench and gave it to the shop owner for save keeping. I asked them if they were Thai and they said yes. I have always found Thais honest. I have quite often left without my change, and they have always returned it. As my wife keeps telling me, there are good and bad people everywhere, and my experience of coming to Thailand for 29 years now, living here for 13, is that I have found only good people.

• Like 2

Good or bad I don't know, but when I stayed 3 days in Pattaya last month my friend's girlfriend found 1000 Baht on the street and her face lightened up (lucky me). I don't think that she wasted one thought on the person that had lost the 1000 Baht.

Edited by Norlund

Good or bad I don't know, but when I stayed 3 days in Pattaya last month my friend's girlfriend found 1000 Baht on the street and her face lightened up (lucky me). I don't think that she wasted one thought on the person that had lost the 1000 Baht.

But that is different. You cannot give it back, which she might have done, if you dont see who dropped it.

• Like 1

Why you lie? Everyone knows that all Thais are crooks and scammers. You are making this up. hit-the-fan.gif

Sarcasm for those to dense to understand

happened as i told it, on my kids lives.

................He's being ironic Eric.

i know, i replied too fast without reading it properly, lol, but it was early morning, so thats my excuse anyway, lol

• Like 1

Why you lie? Everyone knows that all Thais are crooks and scammers. You are making this up. hit-the-fan.gif

Sarcasm for those to dense to understand

happened as i told it, on my kids lives.

................He's being ironic Eric.

i know, i replied too fast without reading it properly, lol, but it was early morning, so thats my excuse anyway, lol

It is nice to see here that not everyone on TV is a Thai basher.

good to hear this not all bad apples time for other institutions to take note honesty has its rewards

200 bht (cheapskate) tongue.png

Not all bad apples.

Most are not bad apples despite all the drama on Thai Visa.

nice story for a change

Plenty of nice stories, but they don't generate clicks here at the hub of Thai bashers.

In over 40 years 99.9% positive on honesty, and reliability of the Thai people. That said knowing the Thai Culture also prevents disappointment on some occasions.

The younger Thai's seem to be loosing this, I am sad to say.

I bought some groceries at the 7/11 in Soi Wat Boon Jontiem and when I left the place I felt a tap on my shoulder and a Thai guy gave me my wallet that I had left on the counter, there are honest people everywhere