Yamaha YZF-R3 Launch

Ozgur

Cheers.

It's great you have both.

If you were going for a 250km trip, all 3 lane highway, high speed cruising at around 150-160kph for many parts of it, would you take the CB500X or the R3, ?

Thanks.

I would take the X as it is slightly more upright and and a bit higher with less angle on the knees plus I have a power socket and box on it but I reckon either would be fine as the R3 is deceptively comfortable I am 5'11 and about 95 kg and there is room to move about on the seat of the R3 and sit upright, I have also not had any discomfort in the back or any weight on the wrists

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If any other owners are out there and interested today I put an R6 throttle body on the R3 and it has made a big difference, now the throttle pull is shorter and much more progressive and more in line with a big bikes throttle pull and power delivery

I got the R6 part off Amazon from a seller in the US as I was getting the usual mae mee stuff from the shop, I could have persevered and got it off Yamaha Thailand but couldn't be arsed

It was advertised as 'Yamaha 2C0262400000 R6 Grip Assembly' and cost $20 and about the same for shipping, thanks to BM mania for the initial idea!! it works a treat....!

Edited by mark131v

my friend purchased a black R3 at yamaha watchara in pattaya today.... he needed help getting it home, so i met him there and drove it for him

have to say its a fantastic bike... feels excellent... very comfortable and super easy to ride.... clicking down from 2nd to neutral was a bit touchy, kept dropping all the way to 1st... but other than that i have no complaints.

its a very quiet bike, definitely needs an exhaust... at least a slipon, but a full exhaust is very inexpensive.

i also checked out the KTM duke390 and RC390.... i LOVE their style, but theyre still very overpriced, and the seats are absolutely HORRIBLE.... like sitting on a concrete rock... would definitely have to get a custom seat made that is more comfortable.... the RC390 is very racy position, more forward lean than the R3.... the Duke390 is very upright

dealer said they are out of stock on both until september!

R3s in stock and can have delivered same day or next day in any color.

I agree with the poster above, had mine for 2 days and its just great fun and really comfortable too. I have done 190km overall with a 140 km trip this afternoon where the bike behaved impeccably. Still getting used to taking the tighter corners at speed but on the straights and bends its just flies along.

JAF

Nice little bike the R3 and with app 15hp more than a CB®300 it must be much faster too.

Well I can't get comfortable on sports bikes so not for me but nevertheless a nice bike for beginners and it should be fun on a twisted road even for an experienced rider.

If any of you R3 owners want to go for a little ride out from Pattaya please PM me. Best on week days for me.

I am on a V650 2015 myself since I am an old guy and have to sit comfybiggrin.pngwhistling.gif

for this price of 160 - 170 k thb, i dont expect ABS. hope i am wrong.

Only a few short years ago I remember the cbr 250 launched at 99k or 109k with abs

I think they could put abs on it for 170k and still make a profit but hopefully it will just be optical since some people just hate it etc

for this price of 160 - 170 k thb, i dont expect ABS. hope i am wrong.

Only a few short years ago I remember the cbr 250 launched at 99k or 109k with abs

I think they could put abs on it for 170k and still make a profit but hopefully it will just be optical since some people just hate it etc

ABS is standard

If it did not have ABS at this price I would not have bought it and would have bought the Honda instead. I feel more confident in the front brake knowing that its unlikely to lock up in an emergency.

JAF

No ABS is gold man, saved my ass a couple of times on the Versys where I literally were standing on the brakes to avoid hitting some idiot and the ABS front/rear was kicking in big time, he-he.

People that says ABS are not necessary for them are bull shitting in +90% of the time, most people, including myself are not just a good enough rider to not need it now and again.

Also by reflex if this idiot in a car or on a scooter pulls out in front of you, you will brake as hard as you can by reflex and don't have time/reflexes to adjust for wet surface/not so good tires and so on.

I will never buy a big bike without ABS again, never.

I think on the new Honda Africa Twin 1000cc adventure bike you can switch off the ABS on the rear brake which can be very handy on gravel roads but for a normal road use bike, not necessary.