why thai people not reply by mail

gal29

Language barrier from both sides. You think you are writing clear messages but you are not. They on the other hand have difficulty in two ways. One, they do not understand your question or message in English. And two, their English is not strong enough to reply so they do not reply.

I suggest you try this approach. I use "ImTranslator". It's basically free but they do wish for a small donation that is worth every penny in my opinion. Then when you write a message you simply translate it into Thai, sentence by sentence. Cut and paste the translation into the message along with the English. Takes some time but it works. It has a reverse translation feature where you can have it re-translate what ever translation appears and tells you in English. It verifies what you write is what you are trying to say. Understand?

I have now used it several times with great success. i even tell them to reply in Thai because I can translate it into English.

So don't fight the system just work with it. Seems people here make things so hard.

Language barrier from both sides. You think you are writing clear messages but you are not. They on the other hand have difficulty in two ways. One, they do not understand your question or message in English. And two, their English is not strong enough to reply so they do not reply.

I suggest you try this approach. I use "ImTranslator". It's basically free but they do wish for a small donation that is worth every penny in my opinion. Then when you write a message you simply translate it into Thai, sentence by sentence. Cut and paste the translation into the message along with the English. Takes some time but it works. It has a reverse translation feature where you can have it re-translate what ever translation appears and tells you in English. It verifies what you write is what you are trying to say. Understand?

I have now used it several times with great success. i even tell them to reply in Thai because I can translate it into English.

So don't fight the system just work with it. Seems people here make things so hard.

^This. Thais are illiterate in English. Who do you think writes those goofy signs like 'Violators will be fine' and 'Please wear jacket lift.'

gal29 -- I know you're new to posting on ThaiVisa and it's considered bad form to point out typos and bad grammar, but your post was so full of them, it makes me wonder if the Thai people receiving your emails are having trouble deciphering them and just decide to ignore them.

Perhaps if you wrote your emails using standard spelling and grammar, you'd be more likely to receive a response.

You got that right and it's bad form in the rules section of TVF (though not a rule)

Maybe the OP is a non English speaker and trying his best.

How many languages can you correspond in using standard spelling and grammar?

Edited by uptheos

I have seen this phenom for quite sometime and always put it down to laziness, comprehension etc.

The more I think about it I believe there is an adversion to accountability that email / and other things in writing which could paint oneself into a corner with.

Much easier to ignore it or in worst case, answer verbally on the phone where it is easier to have something go "lost in translation" should an error occur.

I have seen this phenom for quite sometime and always put it down to laziness, comprehension etc.

The more I think about it I believe there is an adversion to accountability that email / and other things in writing which could paint oneself into a corner with.

Much easier to ignore it or in worst case, answer verbally on the phone where it is easier to have something go "lost in translation" should an error occur.

what you have written my friend is not uniquely a Thai trait, this accountability thing is everywhere