Prayut says drawing foreign interference in Thai internal affairs is an embarrassing act

Lite Beer

I'm sensing he's loosing his grip on unquestioned power from the Thais. It'd be nice if Thailand REALLY moved forward, but the truth is even with a president the country's culture is riddled with corruption. Could you imagine a Thailand where private companies could adjust their own prices?, fuel, bus fare, taxis, rubber, rice just to name a few where the Gov keeps the prices low.

I am no expert on this situation but comparing it just a little bit to what Thailand had going it seems to me that Prayut is a huge improvement. So he isn't Buddha of Christ, but for a man he has a hell of a lot better interest in Thailand than the past cronies had.

It's unbelievable how some of you foreigners can be so critical and you don't really understand crap about the situation.

• Like 1

One of the Chinese Thai owner of the largest bank in Thailand told me once "No Foreigner is going to destroy Thailand but the Thai's will destroy themselves" and he told me in 1997 to join him in HK and I am the fool, as I stayed in Thailand.

Nevertheless, plans have been made that we will look at this Thai circus during this year but we have an exit strategy to either move to Singapore, Bali or even Malaysia.

One of the Chinese Thai owner of the largest bank in Thailand told me once "No Foreigner is going to destroy Thailand but the Thai's will destroy themselves" and he told me in 1997 to join him in HK and I am the fool, as I stayed in Thailand.

Nevertheless, plans have been made that we will look at this Thai circus during this year but we have an exit strategy to either move to Singapore, Bali or even Malaysia.

I would consider Singapore at best, but all depends on the nature of your business.

I would consider Singapore at best, but all depends on the nature of your business.

I have a company for the past 7 years in Singapore so Singapore is my first option.

It's different for people from countries with democracies, can't comprehend what's actually going on here. Most people understand the reality of Thailand politics and background political system.

Once, Thai government return to normal, the citizens of Thailand should reflect on this past year. Everybody must be accountable for their decisions.

When the military took over Burma it took the UN some time before they got involved.

Gen Prayuth said that election will be held early next year. If his goal is really to bring the conflicting parties together I wonder why nothing happens for the past 7 months.

If he or the generals are staying into power past 1st quarter of next year this will end up at the UNSC and China and Russia will up-stain on any sanction votes. If the UNSC can't find a vote then individual countries such as the EU, US, Canada, Japan & South Korea (always follows what the US does), Australia, New Zealand and the Gulf States will come up with trade sanctions.

Their are not many countries that would support the JUNTA.

My God for those of you that continually complain about US 'interference, and the tiresome, 'sort out your own problems';

If the US press and public were continually complaining every time a foreign country, diplomat or newspaper made some disparaging comment about US policy, domestic or foreign, the entire country would grind to a halt in self absorbed agony!

Sometimes the 'adult' thing to do is take it on the chin, reflect on it, or not, but that's your choice...but whining, nah come on get real

Indeed the west has nonstop media 24 hours a day wingeing and moaning about the current state of politics in the usa, gb or EU

One of the key principles the USA was founded on is "self determination" Should countries not be allowed to pursue their own self determination regardless of how dysfunctional it may appear to some outside nations? This is Thai style, not American style.

I think Gandhi once said there in no nation on earth that would prefer the good governance of a foreign power over their own poor governance.

I am no expert on this situation but comparing it just a little bit to what Thailand had going it seems to me that Prayut is a huge improvement. So he isn't Buddha of Christ, but for a man he has a hell of a lot better interest in Thailand than the past cronies had.

It's unbelievable how some of you foreigners can be so critical and you don't really understand crap about the situation.

The remark being referred to as 'interference' was a very tame statement from a very low level diplomat. It wasn't insulting, or making demands. It just said that the US finds it difficult to proceed with an unelected govt, and something like ...we hope that all Thai people can work together to bring the country to great success, and we have the highest respect for Thai people and blah blah blah'. That's nothing. And, for the record, endless martial law and losing the right to free speech is hardly a trifle.

Edited by John1thru10
  • Like 2

Hummm. ermm.gif Cobra Gold 2015 a no-go this year? Mai bpen rai. Sorry girls, but Subic was always a better port-of-call than Pattaya.

connda you could not be more than absolutely right, nothing on planet earth compared to subic in its heyday. Everybody spoke English, the bands and pubs were fabulous. If it were not for the closure of the military bases there subic would be ten times anywhere in Thailand today. And when they reopen that port, which they will, I will be on the first boat out of here!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I am a farang from the US, and do not see threat to Thailand face because US has a few representitives to convey their thoughts! I agree Thailand should be able to conduct their bussiness with out actual interferance from outside influence. But, as far as that democratically Govt that took office, that was a complete joke! No one from the rural village did much of anything without being paid Payments and threats won the last election, and although this only my opinion and thoughts, I'm glad to see the military step in and help sort out a certain family from power. Sometimes you have spank the kids to get them listen, and I hope all goes with eyes wide open and see why this govt had to take over, and maybe they can now have a real democratically run election. The general is simply trying to rid out some of the riff raff, and he is doing it the only way it can realisticley be done! Again all this is my opinion!

And it's an incredibly patronising one at that. You're suggesting the Bangkok and southern elite are the only ones with the intelligence and integrity to vote honestly. No, you're not just patronising, you're a patronising fool.

Seriously you are from the USA and speak such pigeon? Get for <deleted> real and stop your trolling! That's you backwoods not jesimps

• Like 1