Where has the Apple repair shop gone, formerly opposite Sarisin

The authorized Apple Repair shop for our area is Singapore. Be careful using local shops. If you ever have to send it back to Sing and they see its been worked on, they can void your warranty and you would then be SOL

That depends on the product, Apple had me send an iphone to NST for repairs (after I told them I wasn't going to fly to Bangkok and back twice to get someone to look at my phone).

Now the actual fix may happen in Singapore but Apple do have stores that are authorised to check the machine and send it on without you having to worry about that sort of thing. Try using https://locate.apple.com/th/en/

The authorized Apple Repair shop for our area is Singapore. Be careful using local shops. If you ever have to send it back to Sing and they see its been worked on, they can void your warranty and you would then be SOL

That depends on the product, Apple had me send an iphone to NST for repairs (after I told them I wasn't going to fly to Bangkok and back twice to get someone to look at my phone).

Now the actual fix may happen in Singapore but Apple do have stores that are authorised to check the machine and send it on without you having to worry about that sort of thing. Try using https://locate.apple.com/th/en/

Understand...they dont do any fixing.

That is not correct, there are official Apple repair centres in BKK look at this link.... Phone apple and they will give a work order number which will show up at any of the official centres...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/722640-apple-mac-warranty-centres-in-thailand-official-places/

As for Limbo's question the shop you are looking for is now across the street.... MNet, .... Khun Boyd.... He does use genuine Apple parts, but is not an official repair centre, but he has a good reputation...thumbsup.gif Just the other side of Siresen .....now......

Icare was supposed to open a month or two ago, outside Tesco Chawang, (part of the Ibeats store) but when I checked the other day they were not sure when it would open.... So for warranty work it is still a matter of going to BKK... until that does open....

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1

But do they actually fix the items or are authorized to receive and send to repair centers?

Yes, they do the repairs in BKK... problem is it's not that fast... parts probably come from Singapore or Hong Kong... as needed...

I have only had to use once, for bad battery, it actually would have been cheaper to just get Boyd to do it at MNet, but as he pointed out, it would have voided the warranty... in hindsight nothing else has gone wrong... and warranty expired ... but then there is Murphy's law wink.png

Boyd had my Mac Mini for several days and told me it was unrepairable

Someone recommended the shop diagonally across from the post office in Maenam, he had it sorted out the same day, this was a couple of years ago and it's still in daily use and running strong.

He is a very knowledgeable Mac guy and speaks good English.

• Like 1

Boyd had my Mac Mini for several days and told me it was unrepairable

Someone recommended the shop diagonally across from the post office in Maenam, he had it sorted out the same day, this was a couple of years ago and it's still in daily use and running strong.

He is a very knowledgeable Mac guy and speaks good English.

I used to deal with this guy, until he did a switch on a mother board.... put in a cheap one to replace a good one which was under warranty ... never been back.... so he's not perfect...