Deep Cleaning Teeth in Bangkok - Referrals, please

Pulpeddoes

I made an appointment at Bumrungrad Hospital to have my teeth deep cleaned next week. Someone told me the price there is very expensive and suggested I come to this forum to ask for recommendations.

I live about a 25 minute walk from Bumrungrad and would prefer something where I don't have to do much traveling (i.e, BTS + bus + motorbike taxi) to get there.

Thanks in advance!

A friend has been very happy with the dental work he has had done at SUKHUMVIT HOSP., just steps away from the Ekkamai BTS. He had a couple of crowns replaced, cleaning; I don't know if "deep" or not and some gum work. Brand new, well equipped facility and reasonable prices. He has praised the staff for their efforts to keep procedures as comfortable as possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Sheryl,

I just checked the link you provided. Does the fact that it is a dental hospital mean that I will pay more money? All I want is deep cleaning and I am good at saying "no , thank you" to additional services that I don't need. If the cost is comparable, I will check them out. My neighbor told me about a place where she goes and when she asked the price, the high range of the estimate was the same as what I paid at Bumrungrad last year, the equivalent of $97 USD. I figured I might as well stay with B...because the appointment was at 7:30 PM. (I ended up canceling Bum... anyway.)

While BUM..."s price won't put me in the poor house by any means, if I can explore other options and also explore what BKK has to offer at the same time, I would like to do so.

Thanks much.

on my girlfriends families sugestion ,they all went there for their dental work, i went to st louis hospital. sathong rd. about 500 mtrs from the sky train . And one of the things I had done on the dentist reco, was 'deep cleansing'. I highly recomend them, the work was excellent. Prices?, found them cheaper than a lot of other advertised places in Bangkok and about the same as the nhs in the uk, but much much better work. 4 me one of the discovery's of Bangkok.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

on my girlfriends families sugestion ,they all went there for their dental work, i went to st louis hospital. sathong rd. about 500 mtrs from the sky train . And one of the things I had done on the dentist reco, was 'deep cleansing'. I highly recomend them, the work was excellent. Prices?, found them cheaper than a lot of other advertised places in Bangkok and about the same as the nhs in the uk, but much much better work. 4 me one of the discovery's of Bangkok.

I did other minor things (not dental) at St Louis and service + price was nice.

I did other minor things (not dental) at St Louis and service + price was nice.

yeah its dificult to judge it overall accuratly from using only one department. but from what the g/fs family said it was very well respected and even sitting in its coffee bar and waiting 4 the gf in the lobby, yeah i know!!! but i just got the feeling that it was a good and very well run hospital.

Again, I thank you all for the responses and follow up. Unfortunately, I had to put off going because a more immediate, serious health issue developed that is painful and ongoing. I figure that deep cleaning my teeth, in the overall scheme of things, can wait while I try to address my other issue that affects my mobility somewhat (need to prioritize where I go and what I do).

I have been blessed with excellent teeth and at my ripe young age, have all 32, all mine, no crowns, bridges, and no cavities. The first guy who deep cleaned them last year kept remarking "you have 32 teeth to be cleaned." I wondered what he is used to seeing. So, yes, while I like to take care of them by having them professionally cleaned twice a year, it is not that urgent and can wait while I focus on healing the rest of my body.

I have all your suggestions to ponder when I am ready (hopefully in a few weeks). I will post what I eventually do.

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I finally had my teeth deep cleaned today. From the time I asked for input to now, I could have had all the teeth extracted and they could have regrown, I know. However, I had other things going on health wise so I had to put cleaning of the teeth on hold.

Where did I go? I was back and forth at Bumrungrad four days in a row this week and I figured, why knock myself out trying to save a few dollars, when I may be in pain doing so? So while there today for something else, I had my teeth done by the same dentist that did the job last year; today's cost was $85. What also helped me to make up my mind was the fact that I checked out a neighborhood place where my neighbor said he paid 1,200 THB to get his cleaned (regular cleaning). I walked in and mentioned deep cleaning. The girls acted like they had no idea what I was talking about and that worried me. So they called the dentist (I assumed) who was not in and she spoke to me on the phone. I made an appointment and then asked how much...8,000 THB if you please. At 33.00:1, that is just under $250.

I decided not to be penny wise and pound foolish by walking all over the place or taking trains/taxis just to save a few dollars. I am satisfied with what I got for $85.

Thanks again for all your input.

Sheryl,

Like I said, it was not worth it to me to run all over the place checking out the suggestions, while I was not otherwise feeling well.

I will keep the Dental Hospital in mind when I get them done again at the end of the year, or thereabouts.

Thanks.

Edited by Pulpeddoes

In my years here, have had 'deep' cleaning from couple of dentists. None better than Dr Sasirin Y. at Bumrungrad. 2500 baht for 'root scaling'. She's an army Maj - only works Friday evening. Sometimes difficult to get quick app't. Very popular.

I have excellent experience at: http://www.asavanant.com/ with Dr.Kanokwan Nisapakultorn.

But they are a bit expensive. But as she rescued a implant that was a sure goner with a cheap therapy she gave only 10 % probability instead of just selling me a very expensive new I am happy to stay with them as I trust them.

I can recommend them too. Right by Thong Lor BTS. Very efficient and good English. Been using them for years.

• 2 weeks later...