Return Flights Different UK Airports - Possible

GarryP

I am contemplating going to the UK in July or August for my first visit in 24 years. Ideally I would like to fly BKK - Leeds/Bradford but on the return leg LHR-BKK (or the other way round. Is this possible as a return flight or would I have to buy one way tickets which would make it much more expensive. I will be spending about 10 days up north visiting my father and 3 or 4 days down south.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Get a separare domestic one way LHR to Leeds!

As far as I can see: no useful connections from Bangkok to Leeds which would make sense to book.

Technically such flight combinations (open jaw flights) exist, but few online booking engines are able to manage.

Edited by KhunBENQ

How do you plan to get from LBA to LHR in the meanwhile? If you're flying there, then it's easy:

Book BKK-LHR-LBA return with a stopover between the LBA and the LHR on the return leg (or the other way around) such that your itinerary is something like. Major airlines will price this at the same rate as BKK-LHR return.

1 Jan: BKK-LHR

1 Jan: LHR-LBA

In Leeds

11 Jan LBA-LHR

14 Jan LHR-BKK

As I understood the poster wants to get from Leeds to London "some other way" than flying.

Don't make the error to book a Bangkok - Leeds return and let the Leeds to Bangkok decay.

The airline might cancel your connection.

I saw that KLM had flights to LBR with a short stop over in Schipol (spelling). I will spend most of my time near Leeds but will spend the last few days on the Isle of Wight. I will probably catch National Express coach down to Portsmouth or Southampton for this part of the trip. So it seemed more sensible to fly back out of LHR to BKK.

As you will all have deduced by now, I am very green when it comes to travel. I have lived here in Thailand for more than 30 years and in that time have only had one long trip back about 24 years ago. Its all very new to me. So all suggestions appreciated.

Fly to Schiphol (AMS) from Bangkok return and then book separately with any of the many different low-cost airlines single to Leeds and single LHR/AMS.

Will be the cheapest. You have the choice of many airlines either direct to Amsterdam or with stopover in one of the middle east airports.

Yermanee wai.gif

• Like 2

Emirates, Etihad or Qatar Airways would take you via the Gulf to MAN-Manchester, and return from LHR-Heathrow or LGW-Gatwick.

Might be cheaper to depart at the end of June, than high-season July or August, or do you have to fly peak-summer ?

Manchester to Leeds by train is also a good option. As is taking the train to Leeds from London. Very quick. Book early - up to 3 months in advance - to get the cheapest fares.

You may find it cheaper than a flight and quicker too. It has to be worth looking at,

I think KLM also fly daily from Southampton to Schipol, that might be better for the OP than trekking up to London, on the return journey from the Isle-of-Wight ?

That actually woould be perfect.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, even the "travel agent" quip.