Concrete Screws (like Tapcon)

tweezer

Hi All,

I'm working on a deck project where I would like to have concrete screws that don't require plastic or metal anchors.

In the U.S. you can get Tapcon screws for this purpose (these). Are these types of concrete screws available in Thailand? If so, where might I find them in or around Bangkok?

I've checked Homepro, Home Works, and a couple local contractor shops to no avail.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

T.

I have not see actual Tapcon branded fasteners anywhere and I have looked also. You may consider having someone hand carry them from the US

Thanks.... I was considering that, or ordering them online and having them shipped...

Cheers,

T

Just curious, but what's wrong with using readily available anchor bolts?

20091030093156831.jpg

Wanted to avoid having to align the boards I'm anchoring to the predrilled holes....

You don't have to do any alignment with pre-drilled holes if you use these fasteners. You drill an oversized hole in the wood that the fastener will easily fit through. Once the wood is in place you drill the right size hole in the concrete through the hole you drilled in the wood and then install the fastener by tapping it in place and tighten against the large washer.

• Like 1

Just curious, but what's wrong with using readily available anchor bolts?

20091030093156831.jpg

Wanted to avoid having to align the boards I'm anchoring to the predrilled holes....

You don't have to do any alignment with pre-drilled holes if you use these fasteners. You drill an oversized hole in the wood that the fastener will easily fit through. Once the wood is in place you drill the right size hole in the concrete through the hole you drilled in the wood and then install the fastener by tapping it in place and tighten against the large washer.

Thanks wayned and Bad Kitty. This sounds like what I'm looking for. I will give these a go.

Much appreciated!

T