Mozzie invasion north east Bangkok

EvilDrSomkid

Anybody else notice that there are a lot more mozzies now in the dry season?

I have closed all the drain inspection hatches and the septic tank breather pipes, but still they come. Hundreds of them. As soon as it gets dark, they are all over our dogs.

We have two incense trays and put mozzie cream on them, but still little relief. I read something about they are coming from the street drains.

Anybody have any ideas?

There are a lot more mozzies than usual. Problem has been getting worse despite the BMA regularly fogging our Moo Bahn to kill them. However, I have suspected that for the last year they are only making smoke and they are not using any chemicals to kill the mozzies. Always in the past I have had a bad attack of coughing during fogging, so I believe that they are cheating to put more money in their pockets.

They use less chemicals now indeed, but not because they want to save money , this stuff is toxic. There is now way to kill all the mosquitos without also killing humans and animals. So they try to kill their breed as far as possible without poison everybody.

Outside the home, try using the orange coloured "anti-mosquito" lamps that are available in (at least) HomePro and Big C. They are relatively expensive (compared to ordinary lamps), but very effective.

Inside the home, try using the mosquito-repellent plug-in's that "plug-in" to the wall sockets.

Have noticed more also... Now can't even take a shit without having the zapper in hand! We've cleaned all drains and kitchen and toilet but still getting loads of them.

Also the tiny little black annoying flies that hover around your face and eyes, they don't bite but irritating as hell! Anyone know what are they?

My wife just noticed that turning on white lights chased them away. Orange light or warm white attracted them. The little black flies are called malaeng wii khon. You need to wash all your shower drains thoroughly and regularly take out the garbage.