Blue House Book

Could someone point me in the direction of an article that explains what the blue house book is and how it works?

i am having a house built and am just about to receive the blue book, but having looked at a friends i did not understand anything. I tried to do some research on this forum, but then became confused with people atalking about yellow books.

Any help appreciated.

The blue book is the Tabien Bahn (Household Registration Book).

It lists all the Thai people who normally reside at the property.

When you receive it there will only be the title page with the house details.

When your wife moves in she can get her name transfered from her old residence to the new one and that will be printed in the book.

Being registered somewhere is essential for every Thai.

Without it they cannot do anything, ie own a vehicle, open a bank account etc.

As I understand it the Yellow book is similar, but only for farangs, who own condominiums.

Could someone point me in the direction of an article that explains what the blue house book is and how it works?

i am having a house built and am just about to receive the blue book, but having looked at a friends i did not understand anything. I tried to do some research on this forum, but then became confused with people atalking about yellow books.

Any help appreciated.

You say "you" are having a house built, Thai Company or wife? Whichever will have the "blue book". If the building is yours, but not the land, you may apply for a "yellow book"

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone, this is my first time in this forum so I hope I am posting correctly. I need proof of residence in Thailand for my company. I am working in the middle east. My wife is Thai and lives in Bangkok with our son. I was trying to get onto the blue book with no success which is why I am here.

I can see now that I need a yellow book, is it possible to have a yellow and blue book for the same address? If yes do I apply for the yellow book at the same government office as my changed her blue book?

Many thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to answer

David

Everything I read and try to understand about the "Books" is:

Blue Book is the registration book for Thai people only. Thais only will be entered in this book to show place of residence

Yellow Book is the registration book for all others only. Foreigners only will be entered in this book to show place of residence.

They can be provided for all houses or condos. The books are issued to the owners of the house or condo.

When I bought my condo, I had the title deeds transferred into my name but the blue book still has the previous owners name in it,,he was a Farang.

So far I've been unable to sort out why my name isn't in the blue book and how to get it done.

From the posts here,,it would seem the previous owner would have had to have been a PR.

How do I get it changed to Yellow book with my name in it????

Livinginexile and Gulfstream are correct - We are two Farangs and have just bought a freehold condominium at The Park. We own it outright and were issued a blue book by the Thailand land registry department. The process was handled by the developer - I understand this time consuming process but is essential. Note there are no Thai interests apart from obviously other units in the condominium.

This is what the book looks like.

post-16669-1219138710_thumb.png

Edited by pkrv

PKRV

You say you have the blue book and deeds for a condo at The Park ????

I was under the impression they where not completed yet.

Can you shed some light on the situation please.

Assuming you mean The Park Jomtien that is

Thanks for the replies, helps clarify things. Is the Yellow book only for condos, or can i get one for a house that i own?

You can get it for the house you own. It is ( Thor. Ror 13)

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

What is a Thor Ror 13 useful for?

PKRV

The Park Chidlom - Bangkok - We are (just) complete - first Juristic meeting is the 6th of Spetember - so new stuff - I know of and respect Livinginexile posts - He was in a different Bangkok project (The Trendy) but under similar timescales. The Blue Book is catagorically also for Farangs who own Freehold condominiums - don't know about this yellow book stuff at all.

PKRV

The Park Chidlom - Bangkok - We are (just) complete - first Juristic meeting is the 6th of Spetember - so new stuff - I know of and respect Livinginexile posts - He was in a different Bangkok project (The Trendy) but under similar timescales. The Blue Book is catagorically also for Farangs who own Freehold condominiums - don't know about this yellow book stuff at all.

You have a Blue Book because you own the condo, but are your names listed in the Blue Book?

PKRV

You have a Blue Book because you own the condo, but are your names listed in the Blue Book?

No names in the blue book, only the details of the property location.

The names of the ppl residing at the property need to be entered into.

There is no need for Farangs to enter their names, only Thais.

Livinginexile- donx - Tricky stuff - but I am not about to copy the next page of our home ownership blue book document to this thread. Not that, that would matter there are other Thai ownership documents that count, including documents registered at Bangkok Bank via the British Embassy. Our names were translated to Thai and the first page filed out in full. Do you know the title to which hold? I do.

No names in the blue book, only the details of the property location.

The names of the ppl residing at the property need to be entered into.

There is no need for Farangs to enter their names, only Thais.

It will be useful if you can get your name on the book, Blue or Yellow

as it establishes where you live. So there will be no need to go to the Embassy

or immigration for a letter if you want to buy a car or renew your driving licence.

Opps I just re-read my last post and realised how poorly written it was.

There is a blue book and I guess you could call them 'land registration documents' These are produced on a Thai 'legal sized' paper. They detail the property boundaries (including car parking space in my case).

Effectively when I opened a Bangkok Bank account I was required to produce a letter from the British Embassy proving amongst other things proof of address. So I used passports, blue book and property registration documents to achieve this. Given these documents are almost exclusively in Thai this sort of proved a triple check that all was OK.

• 3 months later...

I have just returned from our local amphur office. (out in the sticks).

My Wife and I are trying to get my name into her Blue Book, they have told me that I have to go to the British Embassy in BKK, to get a letter, saying that I have no outstanding problems etc in the U.K.

Then I have to get this letter and have it translated at one of the Ministry offices in BKK, and it must have there official stamp.

The letter is no problem as I got one 5 years ago.

My problem is which Ministry department do I go to in BKK to get this translated and stamped.

Any help would be appreciated.