traffic down to Pattaya

lorddaverichards

I am traveling down to Pattaya this afternoon from Bangers and am told there is major construction taking place and possibly huge delays? Is this correct and are there any alternatives routes which maybe be longer in terms Of kms but at least the traffic will be moving ( Am travelling down Chonburi pattaya highway )

thanks

Dave

I drive from Bangkok to Pattaya every 2 weeks. There is minor construction but nothing major and can be done in less than 2 hours.

Edit: Friday afternoon will be busy though and you only need one accident to jam it all up.

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Like 1

Which part of Pattaya are you heading for? They've just started digging up Sukhumvit around Pattaya Klang for a new underpass and around there the traffic is snarly every day at peak times so it's not going to be pretty on a Friday. I would suggest getting off the No.7 before it hits Sukhumvit if you can - that junction could get backed up. Let me know where you're headed and I may be able to suggest some better options.

• Like 1

Especially during evening-rush-hours the construction near the Laem Chabang can be a pain (both-ways).

Otherwise, just a minor delay.

As previously posted, Pattaya Sukhumvit may be a bigger problem if you'd like to head for South Pattaya or Jomtien.

If your destination is East Pattaya, take the Pattaya By Pass (last exit before Sukhumvit)