Pita Bread

HansBlinkers

I agree. But I don't think that they sell it independently of the meals. Also, it doesn't have pockets, if that's what you require.

That would be my guess too and you are right about no pockets, but, to me, it is way better than any other local restaurant. An Israeli guy that lives here, told me that is better than a lot of pita bread in Israel.

Typical for Thailand, sometimes it is not as good as other times, but it is always as good as any other pita that I've tasted here and usually better.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Ever since Rimping stopped selling the brand they had for many years, they offer 2 other brands now, and neither are very good. One is absolutely not edible. I know we are not supposed to name and shame but as a hint, they call it "Arabic bread". Avoid it like the plague, it like a lump of dough. The Dailylicious brand is a step above but that's not saying much.

I agree about Sababa. I like their pita but I doubt they sell it outside of the restaurant orders. Their kitchen is quite small.

I loved the Sababa pita when served as a falafel sandwich in the restaurant and asked if I could order some.

Since the price is not on the menu I asked and the waitress gave me a price and asked if I wanted one now. I told her I wanted a larger quantity to go and she gave the same price as for one piece heated and served on a plate at a table in the restaurant. I spoke to the owner who said it was a different price (??) and a more nonsense but I pre-ordered 50 pieces as I wanted them for a party at home.

I picked them up on the specified day and they were hot out of the oven and wrapped tightly closed plastic bag, making them steam and become wet so the bottom one's start to disintergrated. I opened the bag up and the nice helper replaced the ruined ones. The staff is usually very nice and helpful there if a bit overwhelmed from the lack of management support.

Well on next morning, the day of my party, I luckily tasted the bread early and it was so salty it was inedible, which was confirmed by everyone in my household at the time.

I called them in a bit of a panic as 40 ppl were on the way in a few hours for a Israeli feast as I try to always serve something new and fun. This time the kids of a Lisu Hill Tribe orphanage were coming and it's so enjoyable to be able to expose people to new things.

I called the restaurant but the staff was not trained or empowered to deal with the situation, as I expected, and the owner said lots of nonsense (again), he even said "that's how our pita is" and of course had no interest in tasting what they gave me.

After almost 40 min of wasting my time on the phone they agreed to replace the bread and since I explained it was so late and I was doing the final cooking the nice girl who was back on the phone by then said they could deliver it to the iron bridge which is less then 1 km and 5 min away!!! (they understood that I was in Mae Jo).

When I finally got the new bread it was thrown into bags with many pieces crumpled into balls and totally useless (I was paying retail price for each piece!)

That's my story, best of luck if you try too!

• Like 2

Kaseem sell thin flat breads, just a bit too thin to cut in half unless you have a very steady hand, and maybe a touch too thick for a wrap (maybe that's just me though), but they taste OK and are excellent with dips. Bags of 6 I think (could be 5). Depending on your use for them they are worth a try, they're probably as good as anything I can make.

The pitta's from Rimping are not the cheapest but very good.

3 big ones for 60 bath.

Also available in whole wheat.

Enjoy.

Had them a couple of times and found they never last to the expiry date printed on the label.