What makes Thailand a third world country?

theguyfromanotherforum

I guess I should have phrased the question differently.

Maybe … what about Thailand makes it a first-world country?

That would cut down on the confrontational posts.

Of course, it would also cut down on posts altogether.

and... it would stop the majority of expat to live here, since they could not afford to live in a first-world country anymore...

• Like 1

what defines a third world country? basically

- extrem poverty..

- lacking industry

- lacking infrastructure (TV, Internet, Phone connections, electricity, water)

- lacking health system

- lacking education system

any of these things that you would say Thailand suffers from?

• Like 1

Nothing makes Thailand a third world country, because it is not a third world country

before one starts a Thread, one owns it to himself, and to his readers to at the very least , do some basic resesrch

Google is your friend " what makes a country third world"

or look at my post here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/798456-what-makes-thailand-a-third-world-country/?p=9042601 :-)

Nothing makes Thailand a third world country, because it is not a third world country

before one starts a Thread, one owns it to himself, and to his readers to at the very least , do some basic resesrch

Google is your friend " what makes a country third world"

or look at my post here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/798456-what-makes-thailand-a-third-world-country/?p=9042601 :-)

Good point

unfortunately, I knew from page one, what affect the OP was designed to get and where this thread was headed

I missed enough time from my life reading the OP to devote any more reading the replies

so I missed apropos replies such as yourssad.png

Careful, op, you'll upset the loved-up numpties. But, yes, Muang Thai is 'developing', dear boy, not a languishing hole, you've committed a big faux-pas there. It's got semi-decent highways, a massive factory base, a thriving capital, infrastructure and some very clever young folk. However, one could be forgiven for thinking the contrary when observing some of the thought processes and absolute disregard for others that take place, ON OCCASION, where facets of Buddhism are routinely cast aside.

• Like 2

I wanna apologize. It's a poorly worded title. However I do think that public bus service is definitely third world country like. This does not include bts or MRT which is definitely better than where I come from.

So you classify a whole countries performance solely on their bus service? How is Canada's public transport system outside the big cities classified?

Edited by FritsSikkink