What makes Thailand a third world country?

theguyfromanotherforum

Study educational visa forced to learn thai while thais should be forced to learn english..

Let's look at this one in particular. Surely nobody is forcing you to take out an educational visa - but if you choose to do so, it seems entirely reasonable that you might be expected to actually study. Meanwhile, why should Thais be forced to learn a language, just to make life easier for lazy foreigners?

What does this even have to with supposed 'third world' status anyway? Aren't you just venting because they won't let you stay in their country as long as you want without making any effort or contribution?

I just replied the question of the Op and u do not need to agree with all of my points.

and what your reply on the question of the OP ?

Study educational visa forced to learn thai while thais should be forced to learn english..

Let's look at this one in particular. Surely nobody is forcing you to take out an educational visa - but if you choose to do so, it seems entirely reasonable that you might be expected to actually study. Meanwhile, why should Thais be forced to learn a language, just to make life easier for lazy foreigners?

What does this even have to with supposed 'third world' status anyway? Aren't you just venting because they won't let you stay in their country as long as you want without making any effort or contribution?

I just replied the question of the Op and u do not need to agree with all of my points.

Yeah, like I'm going to take the time to answer your question after you ignore mine.

They way how they their treat prisoners.

The politicians and their low level of behavior.

Their retarded educational system,which is why thai do not know how to debate and ask questions..

All the uncountable laws that benefiting their own kind over foreigners.

The police.

landownership and the famous 51/49% rule

Useless dangerous visa extension border runs..should just extend in thailand..

need i continue..?

The fact that scams crimes of thai against foreigners get no priority from the police

The influence of the tuk tuk mafia.

Thais should be forced to learn English? Your selfishness is astounding!

Retarded educational system? Scams against foreigners should take priority? You are here why?

I only answered what makes for me thailand a 3 world country..If your reply is different then mine then that is fine.

If we look at education then thai students score really low worldwide..then kids from singapore are in the top 5 of best performing countries.Its cant be cause singapore kids are smart and thai kids are not smart..I do not think so..The singapore curriculum and their teachers yes are much better..So why not simply change into the singapore curriculum? makes sense to me..

• Like 1

Yeah, like I'm going to take the time to answer your question after you ignore mine.

I do not have any visa problem,Thanks for your concern.

If you look at the political stability and situation here in Thailand then this does for me resemble like a third world country.You do not have to agree up to you.

Only read a couple pages.

What makes Canada a third world country? Maybe city buses so poorly maintained tsar brake failures have killed a couple people in the last few years...

Coupled with a justice system so corrupt that only piddly fines were the result!

http://globalnews.ca/news/1171869/city-of-regina-being-sued-over-fatal-bus-accident/

Our political system is a joke.the govt does what corporstions want.our food is shit pumped full of chemicals.organic isnt the norm itd 3 times the price .since im back going to the grocery store is like going to walmart food shopping.our food is very expensive.people here lack empathy.and are individulistic.

theguyfromanotherforum

Thanks everyone for educating me about the origins of third world. Maybe you would have preferred if I asked what makes Thailand a primitive place to live in.

Personally, I would prefer it if you would not be so ignorant and then keep showing your ignorance (that hole is getting big - can you still hear us?).

Perhaps you didn't intend to offend - OK then - I think the words 'mea culpa' (me bad) are appropriate - not that diatribe of insult above.

Perhaps you dont care that you offended - then I think the words 'nothus cruentus es' are appropriate.

Speaking of leaving - got a life to get on with and enjoy - wont be back to this 'topic'.wai.gif

The term "third world" has almost lost its meaning in the last sixty years. Large parts of Thailand are developed while large parts are relatively undeveloped. It's the same it many places in Latin America. The lack of a real social safety net and single payer health plan are the main drawbacks to advancement. The wealthy want to maintain their position of privilege. It is not enough that they are winners....someone else must lose. That has always been the mindset of wealthy Thais.

you guys know that i love this country but even beloved ones need to be criticized(constructive) in order to develop...

here my two satangs:

-education reform

-RTP(self explanatory)

-law enforcement

-accept that there is a world outside

-learn from previous mistakes

-eradicate this cast/feudal system

-everybody deserves the same chances based on abilities not connection

Lets make a list for the UK shall we?

Education reform-

accept that there is a world outside Britain...( eg.Europe!)

Learn from previous mistakes

eradicate the elite...Cameron and all his Eton and Harrovian buddies who walk into power after graduation.

Everybody deserves the same chances not based on ethnic background or family reputation/ name!

Get rid of racism which can be a lot more aggressive in the UK or Europe than here.

Get Rid of right wing parties like UKIP....ETC ETC...

My point here is that Utopia doesn't exist. However if it did I'm sure that Thailand would be a lot closer to it than all the nanny states in Europe....

• Like 1

Their retarded educational system,which is why thai do not know how to debate and ask questions..

The police.

need i continue..?

The fact that scams crimes of thai against foreigners get no priority from the police

Retarded educational system? Scams against foreigners should take priority? You are here why?

I only answered what makes for me thailand a 3 world country..If your reply is different then mine then that is fine.

If we look at education then thai students score really low worldwide..then kids from singapore are in the top 5 of best performing countries.Its cant be cause singapore kids are smart and thai kids are not smart..I do not think so..The singapore curriculum and their teachers yes are much better..So why not simply change into the singapore curriculum? makes sense to me..

Singapore and Hong Kong are the highest scoring in the world so lets all follow their curriculum in Europe and the US too shall we!!! Don't be so arrogant. All of our countries are not exactly Utopia!!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I am not sure which country you are from but the UK (my country of birth springs to mind). Why should the Thai's have to learn English? Most of what I begrudgingly call my fellow country men e.g. British always feel every country should be like Europe. If that is what you want then go to Europe. My guess is no one will lose sleep over it

• Like 1

According to the definition, No, Thailand is not a third world country. This is normally proposed by people with some deep hatred of Thailand normally related to a lack of success with thai women or losing money here.

Well according to the actual definition, yes Thailand is a third world country. According to the adopted definitions, NO. Thailand is far from being a so called " Third world " country.

Third world countries don't have multi billion dollar companies among many other points. I do although agree with your second comment. Hahaha. Too true.

According to the definition, No, Thailand is not a third world country. This is normally proposed by people with some deep hatred of Thailand normally related to a lack of success with thai women or losing money here.

Well according to the actual definition, yes Thailand is a third world country. According to the adopted definitions, NO. Thailand is far from being a so called " Third world " country.

Third world countries don't have multi billion dollar companies among many other points. I do although agree with your second comment. Hahaha. Too true.

CP group has 50 billion USD in assets and billions in annual sales. There is one and there are others.

The police.

need i continue..?

Singapore and Hong Kong are the highest scoring in the world so lets all follow their curriculum in Europe and the US too shall we!!! Don't be so arrogant. All of our countries are not exactly Utopia!!

Fine do not change anything here and you may put your child in these thai schools.Your child is gonna love it..

Thailand is not a 100% third world country...

However It has certain aspects that are third world level and other aspects are above that level.

Thailand also uses this third world underdog position on some occasions and on other occasions they will play out their so called civallized society status..

Its pretty clever to be in this position for them...

However It has certain aspects that are third world level and other aspects are above that level.

Thailand also uses this third world underdog position on some occasions and on other occasions they will play out their so called civallized society status..

When have they used a 'third world' position?

CP group has 50 billion USD in assets and billions in annual sales. There is one and there are others.
My point exactly.

okey..i give u 2 examples when use their 3 world status and one example where they used their first world status..

26 dec 2006 ,tsunami hit Phuket then thailand said we need help please cause we are a really poor 3 world country and so many Countries then gave money and aid right u remember?

They also use their 3 world status to explain why farangs can not buy land here not even one single rai..we need register it on names of mostly thai bar girls cause farangs are rich..and we might buy up all their land.Its a farce honestly but again they clever enough to use here again their poor third world status...in order to only have to hand out land leases of max 30 years to farangs.

They also use their civilized status just how it suites them ,like 2 years ago ,Europe offered to send over a delegation to over see that the thai elections would be done in all fairness..Right away came the yellows with abisit claiming that they did not need or want and trust any outsiders interfering in their business.They are capable do all them selves..In This case it did not suit them our help so they pretended to be a first world country...

Anyway as i said their ranking its overlapping and they make good use out of it if u asking me !

• Like 1

okey..i give u 2 examples when use their 3 world status and one example where they used their first world status..

26 dec 2006 ,tsunami hit Phuket then thailand said we need help please cause we are a really poor 3 world country and so many Countries then gave money and aid right u remember?

They also use their 3 world status to explain why farangs can not buy land here not even one single rai..we need register it on names of mostly thai bar girls cause farangs are rich..and we might buy up all their land.Its a farce honestly but again they clever enough to use here again their poor third world status...in order to only have to hand out land leases of max 30 years to farangs.

They also use their civilized status just how it suites them ,like 2 years ago ,Europe offered to send over a delegation to over see that the thai elections would be done in all fairness..Right away came the yellows with abisit claiming that they did not need or want and trust any outsiders interfering in their business.They are capable do all them selves..In This case it did not suit them our help so they pretended to be a first world country...

Anyway as i said their ranking its overlapping and they make good use out of it if u asking me !

In none of your examples did thai govt ever call themselves a third world country. They are a middle income country which is why they don't want high income country citizens to buy all their land.

In none of your examples did thai govt ever call themselves a third world country. They are a middle income country which is why they don't want high income country citizens to buy all their land.

Yep they will of course not use that exact wording u might need to read between the lines ,also i have never heard them say that they are a middle income country..But if so it does explain why they are overlapping on issues.

Regarding buying land its simple they can make restrictions like max one rai a foreigner and only with the correct visa etc...But they have other ideas for us they come up with creative land lease structures.like in a first world country anyone with money can buy houses and land and these laws are the same for anyone.Since that is not the case in Thailand then on that issue Thailand is not yet a first world country!

Yep they will of course not use that exact wording u might need to read between the lines ,also i have never heard them say that they are a middle income country..But if so it does explain why they are overlapping on issues.

Regarding buying land its simple they can make restrictions like max one rai a foreigner and only with the correct visa etc...But they have other ideas for us they come up with creative land lease structures.like in a first world country anyone with money can buy houses and land and these laws are the same for anyone.Since that is not the case in Thailand then on that issue Thailand is not yet a first world country!

There is a definition of third world. It does not cover thailand. However you are free to believe in your own reality-whatever makes you feel happy :-)

There is a definition of third world. It does not cover thailand. However you are free to believe in your own reality-whatever makes you feel happy :-)

What makes Thailand a third world country is the question of the OP...May i conclude that your reply is ; There is nothing that makes Thailand a third world country? Anyway if u read more posts here u will find out that most others do not agree with ur reply ...and my answer u can read back in post 228....

Just because Bangkok has a nice skytrain and MRT, does not mean Thailand overall isn't 3rd world. some parts up north are abysmal and people are still living a medieval existence, this is the poorest of the poor we're talking about, but its still a big number. However, compared with some parts of Africa and such, even the poorest of the poor in thailand have basic provisions, unlike some africans that do not have access to clean water.

• Like 1

Thais have access to clean water, lol?

We can debate the original meaning of third world, or the more current meaning, but Thailand needs clean water at the tap, proper garbage disposal in proper landfills, clean air, safe electricity installations and much, much more to be compared to what we call First World.
To me, some areas of Thailand are "developing" but much of it isn't. Much of its valuable manufacturing is owned by foreigners. Its education system is a joke. I could go on but many rural Thais are uneducated, live in poverty and live much like Westerners did 100 years ago.
  • Like 1