Application for ED visa after one year still allowed?

Tocquinio

Hi guys. Would really like some clarification please.

Is it still possible to get a new/extended ED visa after already being in Thailand for 12 months on on a ED visa? I would like to be able to stay in the kingdom for 3+ years studying the language.

I'm a 35 year old British passport holder.

Thanks in advance smile.png

Are you studying at a formal (university) or non-formal (language school) institution?

As this will make a big difference to your question.

Although in general, if you're studying at a university, I think you should be able to get an extension, if you're studying at a language school.... they've been making a lot of changes to the system there, and some systems also, from the sounds, differ between immigration offices (I think it's 3 month extensions each time, to a maximum of 1 year, after which I'm not sure if you need to leave and come back with a new visa, or if you have to leave and never come back, since the new regulations are new and so no one has completed a full year under the new regulations yet. But in general they're getting more strict with things, so expect the unexpected).

Although I'm not on an Edu visa myself, so haven't looked into them a huge amount, thus can't provide 100% confirmation of the above, or too many specifics.

• Like 1