Transferin US dollars to Thailand

Good day,

My wife is Thai,we will be going in 10 days to Thailand for an IVF procedure,for a two months period , we are doing our research on the best clinic for the procedure, our problem is transferring money to Thailand, Paypal ( in US dollars ) will transfer to a bank account with US currency free of charge if I understood correctly, now to avoid exchange rates, Bank of Bangkok will permit us to set up an US dollar account, if i am not mistaken, would that be the best option:transferring from Paypal to bangkok bank's us dollars account? Any other bank that you know of that can do the same?
If there is any other method you would suggest, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you and Best regards,

Mike

Use you ATM card for cash at any Thai bank (just pay the 180 THB fee) and make sure the clinic will take a credit card and your problems will be solved

If the clinic will not take credit cards that should be your first red flag

Thank you,

The money is in my Paypal account, not sure if an ATM card is available, after some research ( on this forum!) I believe a transfer to a us dollar account with bang of Bangkok could be a solution since I could transfer from Paypal to the New York branch of BoB in the us at not charge then from there it will transfer to the Bangkok branch in US dollars, I could exchange to Bahts at better rates.

The clinic is Nawavut seems to be good according to my wife's friends, and yes they do accept CC smile.png , thanks for the warning.

Regards

Hopefully someone will chime in here about the restrictions / problems withdrawing money from a Thai Bank USD currency account

Thank you for this information, if the issue is to withdraw money in US dollars , then it will not be a problem since we will be converting the whole amount transferred to Bahts,the whole idea is to get inshore us/baht exchange rate; unless this by itself is a pain if the nature of the account is in US dollars, the other thread in the forum did not seem to suggest this, as far as I understood.

Of course as you suggested, any suggestion or experience to be shared in that regard is highly appreciated.

thanks again.